Holland | E.L.D.'s comments & thoughts ?

It amazes me that men complain about the well that the drink from, but will not leave the heard to find better water.

Far to many would rather be part of the problem instead of the solution.

Ponder on that one and see where you fit.
The water may suck on one side of the fence but often you pay a high price to find out it the same puddle you are drinking from on the other side of the fence!....Ponder that one for a while!

ATM
Everyone turns a post negative and have that opion that it is us against them. Misery breeds misery.
Staying positive and trying to do your job the best you can is not a bad thing at the end of the day you will feel better.
If you choose to always be pissed off and try to get everyone else that way, good luck people will see right through that thought and ignore you.
I wish you the best and hope things work out in your little world.

ATM
Everyone turns a post negative and have that opion that it is us against them. Misery breeds misery.
Staying positive and trying to do your job the best you can is not a bad thing at the end of the day you will feel better.
If you choose to always be pissed off and try to get everyone else that way, good luck people will see right through that thought and ignore you.
I wish you the best and hope things work out in your little world.
I live in reality. Keep up the cheerleading for this bottom feeder. And keep voting yes. Management, if you arent yourself, is counting on you.

It amazes me that men complain about the well that the drink from, but will not leave the heard to find better water.

Far to many would rather be part of the problem instead of the solution.

Ponder on that one and see where you fit.

According to Dave's world, this would be due to "Apropos, or maybe even Synergies".

Main problem is the TIME they suck up using them !
I hear guys sitting there watching that circle on the screen go around and around for five ten even fifteen minutes. I have found as a general rule that it takes two to three minutes max. If it continues to keep going around longer than that you can usually go down to the house symbol on the bottom click on it then go to the opposite choice of what you are in. If you are hung up in linehaul click on omnitrax and if you are hung up in omnitrax click on linehaul. Then click right back on the house on the bottom and go back to where you started. This usually makes it jump out of the state where it was stuck just going around and around.

I also only punch in my login employee number on that first screen in the drivers room to make sure no one is still logged into the eld they gave me for the night and then I do the rest in truck, I think that there are less issues doing it that way.

I actually made it a complete five days last week where I got the stupid thing to work the whole week. I was lucky that I got out early on Friday night because I know the system crashed a little later and no one could get on it for a while. I now believe it can be done with a little patience.

I hear guys sitting there watching that circle on the screen go around and around for five ten even fifteen minutes. I have found as a general rule that it takes two to three minutes max. If it continues to keep going around longer than that you can usually go down to the house symbol on the bottom click on it then go to the opposite choice of what you are in. If you are hung up in linehaul click on omnitrax and if you are hung up in omnitrax click on linehaul. Then click right back on the house on the bottom and go back to where you started. This usually makes it jump out of the state where it was stuck just going around and around.

I also only punch in my login employee number on that first screen in the drivers room to make sure no one is still logged into the eld they gave me for the night and then I do the rest in truck, I think that there are less issues doing it that way.

I actually made it a complete five days last week where I got the stupid thing to work the whole week. I was lucky that I got out early on Friday night because I know the system crashed a little later and no one could get on it for a while. I now believe it can be done with a little patience.
I think they are constantly tweaking it to make it work better.....

It will never be like Qualcomm.... people's net or some other good reputable brand....lol.... my opinion of course. :17142:

I think they are constantly tweaking it to make it work better.....

It will never be like Qualcomm.... people's net or some other good reputable brand....lol.... my opinion of course. :17142:
I wonder if Qualcomm or people's net would work for the city guys making a whole bunch of pick ups and deliveries every day?

I wonder if Qualcomm or people's net would work for the city guys making a whole bunch of pick ups and deliveries every day?
I don't think it matters... they aren't worried about the road drivers.... besides what is the problem with having 2 different systems... bottom line is that I hope what they have is DOT legal .... if the DOT can't use or read it the fines will be huge....

I'm thinking it might have been smart to just get what is industry standard instead of trying to go cheap. :emoticon digging:

I don't think it matters... they aren't worried about the road drivers.... besides what is the problem with having 2 different systems... bottom line is that I hope what they have is DOT legal .... if the DOT can't use or read it the fines will be huge....

I'm thinking it might have been smart to just get what is industry standard instead of trying to go cheap. :emoticon digging:
Maybe someone with more knowledge than me has some numbers of actual costs of the different options on the market, but my limited research makes me believe that omnitracs is not a cheap system and is actually used by many companies across the trucking industry and some people would actually consider the system kind of pricey. I know that there are many rumors out there about our system but I think the actual facts are that the company did not go that cheap at all. I know a former employer of mine that does not go cheap on anything except wages is using it and if they are I am pretty sure it is not a discount system. My big complaints are that they did not give us enough time to learn the system and they have a very serious lack of support at the terminals and at central. I expect the 18th to be a nightmare!

It is a FedEx p&d ground system that is old and outdated that was leased.... now it is more than likely being leased to Holland.... it will work for the city..... but not meant for the line haul end of it...again my opinion

Maybe someone with more knowledge than me has some numbers of actual costs of the different options on the market, but my limited research makes me believe that omnitracs is not a cheap system and is actually used by many companies across the trucking industry and some people would actually consider the system kind of pricey. I know that there are many rumors out there about our system but I think the actual facts are that the company did not go that cheap at all. I know a former employer of mine that does not go cheap on anything except wages is using it and if they are I am pretty sure it is not a discount system. My big complaints are that they did not give us enough time to learn the system and they have a very serious lack of support at the terminals and at central. I expect the 18th to be a nightmare!
I believe omnitracs has several different levels of systems available and I don't believe this particular one is on the higher end of the variety.

https://www.omnitracs.com/solutions

I am just a truck driver if any of you guys can figure out if there are different levels let me know! I really think the Fedex stuff has nothing to do with us, but you got me!
Well... I was at FedEx...for awhile... they have or had a system simular. For the p&d van drivers

Line haul at FedEx ground uses Qualcomm..... it is actually a really nice e log.... very driver friendly.

Omnitracs itself is not the problem, that system is widely used as an e log. The problem is the 3G Honeywell handhelds (i mean seriously they should stick to thermostats) along with the Holland software. The two apps do not play as well together as they say they do.

I have gone 3 weeks straight without having any issues with it not logging off or anything else for that matter. The only issues I have are related to the handheld itself.

Last edited: