Holland | E-logs

Well then maybe write ups will be looked at better. I went 10 days writing up a tractor without anything being signed off or even looked at. And even if you refuse to drive it, you'll just be handed something in the same or worse shape.
Sadly true. I have been known to go through as many as four tractors in one night because of this. I have also gone clear to Scott Ware with maintenance issues (with outstanding success suprisingly). I refuse to drive trash. I will not be ignored when my personal safety is in the balance. I use my knowledge of the FMCSA guidelines and will quote to what subsection they are in violation of. I have no problems taking my issues to the top to be heard.

If central detours you around a delay and pays for extra miles for said detour I'm all for it. Better to pay you detour miles and get you back sooner then delay pay.
Exactly.
Either they pay for a driver's detour miles or they can pay for the dock workers and city drivers sitting with their thumb in their hinders, waiting for the line haul guys to get there after being delayed.
And I guarantee you that it's cheaper to just pay the line haul guys for the extra miles through the detour.

If the updates and directives are not oral or audio be sure to pull over and stop before reading them, otherwise we'll be seeing more activity up in the accidents and drivers we miss forums.
Some of the new communication methods have written out texts explaining the issue and an audio (verbal) explanation comes with it......after an alert bell gets the driver's attention. So there is usually no reason to stop.
:1036316054:

The new e-logs are now being used by a selected few drivers with long bid runs. I had my hands on one the other night. Although there are a few things that I am not looking forward to, there are some features that I think I'm really going to like. If a highway is shut down, central can contact you before you might ever know, as well as route you around it. All verbally, plus written instructions. Each driver will be assigned a hand held device.
Had a dispatcher tell me we would be given one each night and that they would not be assigned to each driver. If rather have one I can keep up with in my own and not have to worry about someone else breaking it and not letting anyone know, like the trucks they won't write up.

Had a dispatcher tell me we would be given one each night and that they would not be assigned to each driver. If rather have one I can keep up with in my own and not have to worry about someone else breaking it and not letting anyone know, like the trucks they won't write up.
I have heard that also, so I don't know. Guess time will tell.

I am looking forward to getting one, I am sick of them telling me to go to bed with four hundred miles one night and then them telling me they want me to run six hundred and seventy the next. Maybe they can figure out to better utilize the trucks....that sounded like a pipe dream when I typed it.

I am looking forward to getting one, I am sick of them telling me to go to bed with four hundred miles one night and then them telling me they want me to run six hundred and seventy the next. Maybe they can figure out to better utilize the trucks....that sounded like a pipe dream when I typed it.
I take the run anyway run as far as I can call them to inform I'm low on time. They either run me to nearest terminal or start looking on CLC website for a room.

I was reading on the Conway Board that when they went to elogs the gps in the system calculated miles run and they were paid that amount. Someone is going to have to stay on top when we start getting the elogs that our mileage is not messed with or make sure that the drivers take appropriate steps.

I was reading on the Conway Board that when they went to elogs the gps in the system calculated miles run and they were paid that amount. Someone is going to have to stay on top when we start getting the elogs that our mileage is not messed with or make sure that the drivers take appropriate steps.
We are already paid on a predetermined amount. The question is, I know a bunch of shortcuts, some that alrer the paid route by as much as 28 miles. Then there are other places that I run outside the paid route due to better roads, but a longer route, so yeah, this breeds a place to tamper.

I was reading on the Conway Board that when they went to elogs the gps in the system calculated miles run and they were paid that amount.
You must have misunderstood that post. They don't have e-logs, that poster was talking about an onboard system that is linked to GPS, but it's more of a shifting efficiency and fuel mileage type of thing. It tracks the mileage driven, but it's not e-logs. That's what he was talking about.
:1036316054:

Central Area pay miles are actual hub miles run by the local and company representative in a vehicle with a calibrated odometer. They are not GPS, Book, or any other kind of miles. If you feel you are being shorted miles then you have a grievance process to protest the shortage, also to request the company and union run those particular miles you are disputing.

Central Area pay miles are actual hub miles run by the local and company representative in a vehicle with a calibrated odometer. They are not GPS, Book, or any other kind of miles. If you feel you are being shorted miles then you have a grievance process to protest the shortage, also to request the company and union run those particular miles you are disputing.
I am more concerned about the ones that we are over paid for, not that I ever get those good runs, but I know they exist.

See Professional help . . . You ain't right!
You missed the point....I will type slowly so you can understand. I thought that with the elogs they could track the mileage more accurately that the drivers actually drive on runs. There are runs that pay less miles than you run, but there are also runs that pay more miles than you actually run. I am concerned that with elogs the company will see exactly how many miles we run and reduce the amount of miles that they pay on some runs. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH? :D

See Professional help . . . You ain't right!
By the way I am on medication that keeps me calm, actually two types. They say the odds of me doing harm to myself or others is very slim. Thanks for the concerns about my health. If you really want to have the conversation that "I ain't right" you will have to get in the line....it's quite a long line.

You missed the point....I will type slowly so you can understand. I thought that with the elogs they could track the mileage more accurately that the drivers actually drive on runs. There are runs that pay less miles than you run, but there are also runs that pay more miles than you actually run. I am concerned that with elogs the company will see exactly how many miles we run and reduce the amount of miles that they pay on some runs. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH? :D

The Company can not just change miles. Well . . . they can if you let them. But the miles are set by mutual agreement. If the miles change then you file a grievance requesting the company and Union hub the miles.

That's why you also carry a paper log book, just in case your electronic unit goes down.
I thought in the future E-logs were going to be mandatory. You are allowed to use a paper log as backup? How many days can you paper log as backup? Sometimes it takes Holland a while to get stuff fixed.