ABF | Earnings up, tonnage down...

Don't believe everything you read and don't read into it what isn't there. I know for a fact that ABF did not go hunting with predatory rates and we were inured by that practice as well. If they did I would be willing to acknowledge it.
So was Fed ex....Conway......that does not prove it did not go on. I was pointing out to Trux where it did hint....not calling it fact......He asked where did it say, I answered. Sorry to ruffle feathers in the process.

don't believe everything you read and don't read into it what isn't there. I know for a fact that abf did not go hunting with predatory rates and we were inured by that practice as well. If they did i would be willing to acknowledge it.

wise men
talk

because they have
something
to say
fools,
-because
they have to say
something

plato

I'm gonna get in trouble for this just trying to help with the points of view....."For YRCW’s mostly non-union competitors". Now I read that as a hint that there may have been SOME Union Carrier trying too, altho you are correct it does not specifically say. Please don't shoot the mesenger.

wolf: This was written from a union stand point by a union member so I can see them saying mostly nons meaning not another union carrier think about it.. What i was trying to say if ABF was taking part why were we also loosing freight at that time to the nons. ABF would not and could not match 90 for 90 with the cost structure they have. We walk away from our on accounts that don't pay, we have drop two so far this year we have hauled for five years.

Last edited by a moderator:
wolf what i was trying to say if ABF was taking part why were we also loosing freight at that time. ABF would not and could not match 90 for 90 with the cost structure they have. We walk away from our on accounts that don't pay.
Trux I was no longer working when this happened so I'm not trying to say it did, all I got is what the article said and I was just trying to say how it reads to me. :wavey:

Just to bring you up to speed on who the villain is ABF sued YRC. If they were successful you and 25,000 YRC teamsters would be out of a job
The bond between YRC and ABF teamsters is the pension. Other than that ABF is just another competitor with a death wish for YRC. ABF will not and cannot grow unless they sink YRC

http://www.teamster.org/content/how-did-we-get-here
You have a twisted out look on others. Our companies our competitors not mortal enemies. They have competed for decades and now you say if one survives the other has to die.

You keep bring up the law suit and again I will say it is a free country and we all can have our day in court. Now here's one for you. If ABF is so wrong why doesn't yrc file for their defense cost?

This like all the other business interest is just that BUSINESS! You sir are a hater of people it appears. I do my job the best I can and it is up to my company executives to over see the company's fiances in a manner as to protect all those that own stock and those that work there.

The leaders at yrc did not do their jobs when it came to watching over the financial interest of the company. Then they FAILED THE WORKERS!
It was not ABF that took 15% from the yrc Teamsters it was yrc management.
It was not ABF that ruined the lives of tens of thousands because they were wreck-less in the running of yrc it was yrc management.
It was not ABF that ruined the retirement of tens of thousands of yrc Teamsters it was yrc management.

Guardrail is right you are a TROLL and should be ignored. But you also can be a poster child for why there is hate and discontent at workplaces.
You have no post that sheds a positive light in any manner. It is one thing to point out a problem but you should also have solutions for some also.
You keep hating the ABF Teamsters and that is just wrong. All your post are centered around hugging hoffa and johnson and they have done nothing but kill the trucking industry.

But they seem to have no problem helping company's take from us. It appears to me that you never had the stomach to stand and fight so the KEYBOARD was the answer to all your cowardly prayers.
Here is some advice that I hope doesn't offend you. Learn to tell the truth, Get the whole story and treat others like you would have them treat you. And most of all leave the fighting to those who have the stomach to fight. YOUR HOPING YOU SEE THE ERROR OF YOUR WAYS BROTHER ALWAYS!

YOU WILL NEVER STAND TALLER THAN WHEN YOU BEND TOO HELP A BROTHER UP!

Don't believe everything you read and don't read into it what isn't there. I know for a fact that ABF did not go hunting with predatory rates and we were inured by that practice as well. If they did I would be willing to acknowledge it.
You are correct ABFer. Some here don't seem to understand what we have ALL GONE THRU!

Because of the ill fated attempts of yrc MANAGEMENT and what appears to be a few IBT officials to put the entire union freight industry under on roof we must now pay the piper.

Because of the greedy attack on the freight industry by zollars and his backers we all the drivers and dockworkers must now pay the price. Not just the union workers but also the non union workers also.

Because yrc management tried to buy up all the carriers with money they did not have it placed it's self in peril of collapsing. Then when it appeared they could not last the IBT stepped in and for what ever reason one wants to believe they along with the management at yrc devised a plan to keep yrc open but it would cost every truck driver in the business.
They did not take from the trucking executives. They all made their money from ABF to Oak Harbor they the executives made millions and enjoyed stock options and other bonuses.

But on the workers side we did not fare so well. At yrc they were told give up 15% of your wages and their pension contributions were stopped and then deferred. And many work rules were lost.
ABF Teamsters lost freight because yrc now could cut rates and take away once profitable freight at a very highly discounted rate. The ABF Teamsters because of the yrc pension deferrals and lower membership suffered changes in their pensions.

Con-Way not to be out done by yrc immediately cut workers wages and pensions and 401K's WITHOUT A VOTE!
And the industry went into the FREE FALL OF SLASHING WORKERS WAGES AND BENEFITS!

Everyone union and non union have paid a huge price for the GREEDY PRACTICES OF THE FEW!

And we the DRIVERS AND DOCKWORKERS point the fingers at each other. We should be ashamed of ourselves.

All we did was go out everyday and do our jobs. We did not try to buy up all the freight industry for greed purposes and fame. WE JUST DROVE TRUCKS AND TOW MOTORS!

But who are the one's paying for the mistakes. WE ARE! And that is how this Teamster(Truck Driver views it) YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

THE ACTIONS OF A FEW HAVE BURDENED THE MANY!

Last edited by a moderator:
......All we did was go out everyday and do our jobs. We did not try to buy up all the freight industry for greed purposes and fame. WE JUST DROVE TRUCKS AND TOW MOTORS!

But who are the one's paying for the mistakes. WE ARE! And that is how this Teamster(Truck Driver views it) YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

THE ACTIONS OF A FEW HAVE BURDENED THE MANY!
Thats my biggest problem with YRC!! Zollars took the risk and WE paid the consequences of that risk when it went bad.
His lifestyle didn't change but all of ours did or will.

With ABF'S cost structure they could never get into predatory pricing.they may have taken some freight from Yrc like every other trucking company when all the problems with the merger were going on.But that had nothing to do with pricing and was all about service.

When you factor in YRC debt, YRC is a higher cost carrier then ABF. FedEx, Conway took pay cuts during the crash for the coming of the rate price war. YRC was targeted because of the financial mess they were in. There were articles from the IBT and YRC documenting this.

When you factor in YRC debt, YRC is a higher cost carrier then ABF. FedEx, Conway took pay cuts during the crash for the coming of the rate price war. YRC was targeted because of the financial mess they were in. There were articles from the IBT and YRC documenting this.
Post the proof that ABF was predatory in their pricing. You can't you are just again spreading lies and causing trouble. If yrc wasn't hauling freight for less they would be making money with the volume they are now hauling.
Con-Way even said they had lost millions by going after yrc in their SEC filings. And that would be business. In return they lost well over $100,000,000.00 and it cost their leader his job.
But ABF did not get involved in that mess because they run their company in a manner that gives us the best chance for profitability. Don't get me wrong now they would gladly provide the banana peel if they could. But again you try to make everyone one out to be the bad guy when in REALITY IT WAS yrc that created the mess it is in. Zollar's and johnson along with hoffa made so may errors that failure was assured. But to try and make up the mistakes they made it was agreed that the yrc Teamsters and other Teamsters would foot the bill. And you praise them what a joke. I will say it IDIOTS! YOUR STAYING AFLOAT BROTHER ALWAYS!

5744579498.jpg
Strikes Again!!!!!

Post the proof that ABF was predatory in their pricing. You can't you are just again spreading lies and causing trouble. If yrc wasn't hauling freight for less they would be making money with the volume they are now hauling.
Con-Way even said they had lost millions by going after yrc in their SEC filings. And that would be business. In return they lost well over $100,000,000.00 and it cost their leader his job.
But ABF did not get involved in that mess because they run their company in a manner that gives us the best chance for profitability.

I have to post proof but you spew a lot of rhetoric about Tyson and Hoffa that is never a problem. When you take over the teamsters union you can make any changes you want but in meantime you're just a radical teamster extremist who has a total disregard for not only the IBT but YRC as well.

You need to brush up on you business acumen. It's ABF Inc job and duty to bury competition union or non. I would expect them to go for the jugular. It's good for shareholders and the stock price. It's the right thing to do. It is thee only way ABF could grow and prosper But no carrier beats YRC at their own game. Now go and have a good day

YRC admits bankruptcy near; ABF stands to benefit | Business, Political, and Cultural News in Fort Smith and Northwest Arkansas
Jeff posted this link awhile back
thanks Jeff​

I have to post proof but you spew a lot of rhetoric about Tyson and Hoffa that is never a problem. When you take over the teamsters union you can make any changes you want but in meantime you're just a radical teamster extremist who has a total disregard for not only the IBT but YRC as well.

You need to brush up on you business acumen. It's ABF Inc job and duty to bury competition union or non. I would expect them to go for the jugular. It's good for shareholders and the stock price. It's the right thing to do. It is thee only way ABF could grow and prosper But no carrier beats YRC at their own game. Now go and have a good day

YRC admits bankruptcy near; ABF stands to benefit | Business, Political, and Cultural News in Fort Smith and Northwest Arkansas
thanks Jeff​

Now just where in that article is the proof that ABF was predatory in their pricing? That's the trouble with you Joe...you never can back up your ridiculous statements with fact...all that you can muster up is just more rhetoric when asked to supply the proof.

So...go back and try again...and don't come back until you can supply that proof!

thanks Jeff​

Yet again you post no proof, where in the link you posted does it say ABF was using predatory pricing? In that link it said ABF also suffered (It has been estimated that a YRC bankruptcy would result in earnings of $76 million for ABF in the first 12 months following the bankruptcy. This would be much-needed cash for the Fort Smith trucking company that has also struggled during the previous 3-5 years to make ends meet). All this link proves is that ABF would gain some freight if YRC would exit, so would every other freight company. Why are you trying to make it ABF against YRC. It seems ABF is still growing with YRC still in business, ABF has just aquired two other companies and still posted a profit.

thanks Jeff​
Again you don't read and understand. I said ABF would have no problem suplying the BANANA PEEL! You really are a trouble maker. Many have post facts and you just think you are above that. BUT YOU ARE NOT! So you have been told post links or else. Now either retract your Predatory comment or call it like it is your own trouble making opinion. Which will it be? And I don't consider myself an extremist. Because I see where they have wronged us and I speak of it you find that extreme. Just what do you think their jobs are?
They are paid very very well to do a job and they have failed. You suck along on our backs and yet you praise those who make our jobs and lives more difficult. But I have said it before about you. It appears to me that you have never had the courage nor intestinal fortitude to stand and fight a battle face to face. It is not a slam on you. You are what you are. Now you have a keyboard and you are king Kong. You spread lies and hate and just wait for someone to bite on it. That is why many of your post go by without response on the yrc boards. They for the most part have grown weary of your lies and butt smooching of people in leadership positions. So post links. YOUR KEEPING YOU IN LINE BROTHER ALWAYS!

He isn't worth it guys, and he is dragging you all off track. Ignore the turd and he will dry up and fade away.

JUST LOOK JOE! If yrc was truthful and the article was factual then why does it state YRC ADMITS BANKRUPTCY NEAR! As far as I know they still have not filed BANKRUPTCY! So now what joe.

This article was written almost two years ago joe. You see again you are way off.

Submitted by The City Wire Staff on Wed, 03/16/2011 - 8:40am

Trux I was no longer working when this happened so I'm not trying to say it did, all I got is what the article said and I was just trying to say how it reads to me. :wavey:
Funny how two people read the same article and get two different opinions. Here's how I saw it. They were saying yrc wants to **** all their employees of wages and pensions and they also would like to reach out and screw as many other Teamsters as possible. And they would like a little help from tyson and little jimmmy. And if you were to ask me if that was true I would not be able to muster a solid defense for all three in rebuttal.
YOUR READING BETWEEN THE LINES BROTHER ALSO!

I'm gonna get in trouble for this just trying to help with the points of view....."For YRCW’s mostly non-union competitors". Now I read that as a hint that there may have been SOME Union Carrier trying too, altho you are correct it does not specifically say. Please don't shoot the mesenger.

Muler: This was written from a union stand point by a union member so I can see them saying mostly nons meaning not another union carrier think about it. That is what I was trying to explain to wolf. This was written from a union stand point.

Muler: This was written from a union stand point by a union member so I can see them saying mostly nons meaning not another union carrier think about it. That is what I was trying to explain to wolf. This was written from a union stand point.
Yeah I wasn't confronting Wolf I was stating my view mostly for joe. Me and Wolf have had many debates and agreements for a few years. No it was aimed at joe just through Wolf's post. Thanks.

Your Opinion on how it is certainly has just as much merit as mine. I can neither prove my reading nor disprove yours. And in the end.....so what its over, OLD news. Maybe....just maybe time to look forward. :grouphug: