ABF | Earnings up, tonnage down...

The way I have it figured is $70 (YRC) and $342 (ABF) weekly per employee benefits for pension contributions. So that would be around $3.64 million per month for YRC and around 9.57 million a month for ABF...
Docker you are really close. Great job Brother. YOUR IMPRESSED BROTHER ALWAYS!

Docker you are really close. Great job Brother. YOUR IMPRESSED BROTHER ALWAYS!

Well...Thanks Muler...I try...after all...that's what our groupie "Troll Joe" comes here for and we sure can't disappoint him...lol

The way I have it figured is $70 (YRC) and $342 (ABF) weekly per employee benefits for pension contributions. So that would be around $3.64 million per month for YRC and around 9.57 million a month for ABF...
Docker how many drivers are you useing? Nice round figures I'm thinking 30,000 YRCW and 7000 ABF.

Docker how many drivers are you useing? Nice round figures I'm thinking 30,000 YRCW and 7000 ABF.
My figures for ABF mirror yours but the YRCW is off, I'm thinking about 8.4.... Now I drove truck for a reason so don't laugh.....too many 000000000s

My figures for ABF mirror yours but the YRCW is off, I'm thinking about 8.4.... Now I drove truck for a reason so don't laugh.....too many 000000000s

I'm not laughing because I had to use all my fingers and toes to tally up just ABF's numbers...lol

I have it in my mind roughly 25000 from YRC and 5000 from Holland......thats where I guesstimated the numbers

That article only talks about CS so one has to add the contributions from all the other funds or subtract many ABF members from the equation.

You do make a valid point...so lets use this number for YRC... $21 million in pension contributions per quarter, according to Wolfe Trahan estimates.That would be around 5.25 million a month for YRC.

YRC Worldwide Resumes Pension Contributions | Journal of Commerce

Thanks for bringing that up!

I guess I can now see why the funds and the IBT have bent over backwards to collect from us what they could.......And at one time we had 80,000 (seen that figure once) in the mix. Many of those will never collect but I and any ABF man will benifit from thos contributions. Add into that YRCW employees will not be able to leave at the same age as ABF guys.....hense passing on before they collect as much as the ABF men..... I'm not feeling like such a moocher right now.

I guess I can now see why the funds and the IBT have bent over backwards to collect from us what they could.......And at one time we had 80,000 (seen that figure once) in the mix. Many of those will never collect but I and any ABF man will benifit from thos contributions. Add into that YRCW employees will not be able to leave at the same age as ABF guys.....hense passing on before they collect as much as the ABF men..... I'm not feeling like such a moocher right now.

IMO...you should of never felt like a moocher...every Teamster has worked for and earned their pension!

IMO...you should of never felt like a moocher...every Teamster has worked for and earned their pension!
Muler was making me feel bad even tho I don't think it was intentional......well I hope it was'nt. :hysterical:

Take your shoes off again......only 3 months per quarter....LOL

You're right again Wolf...you got to have mercy on me...it's Sunday night...lol

How does 7 million a month sound?

Wellllll. As long as we agree that article is a year old and the figures may have changed since. :hysterical: Bed time for this old man and I'm worried after working my brain so hard I ain't gonna get to sleep. :bouncy:

Wellllll. As long as we agree that article is a year old and the figures may have changed since. :hysterical: Bed time for this old man and I'm worried after working my brain so hard I ain't gonna get to sleep. :bouncy:

I agree...they sure could of changed...the numbers could of went up or down since then.