ABF | Earnings up, tonnage down...

I agree...they sure could of changed...the numbers could of went up or down since then.
In the end its like I said. I feel somewhat better about the whole situation. Now when Muler starts busting my chops about paying my pension I can tell him someone is adding between 7 and 8.4 mill besides the ABF people. :ShakeHandsNah: Wished we never had the chance to discuss this in the first place. :wavey:

In the end its like I said. I feel somewhat better about the whole situation. Now when Muler starts busting my chops about paying my pension I can tell him someone is adding between 7 and 8.4 mill besides the ABF people. :ShakeHandsNah: Wished we never had the chance to discuss this in the first place. :wavey:

wolf I agree with that last statement (Wished we never had the chance to discuss this in the first place). I will drink to that:guiness:

I think that Muler was also talking about how ABF has to pay an 7% annual contribution increase due to the fund being in the critical status pertaining to the Red Zone and Yellow Zones but he knows more on that subject and I'm sure that he will tell you more about that...lol

I think that Muler was also talking about how ABF has to pay an 7% annual contribution increase due to the fund being in the critical status pertaining to the Red Zone and Yellow Zones but he knows more on that subject and I'm sure that he will tell you more about that...lol
I suspect he will. :biglaugh: We were all paying that increase before the YRC MOUs. Memory evades me but I think it started way back at the first "best contract ever"

I was figuring for about 25,000 YRC contributors because 1) I also like round numbers for the ease of 'ciphering it and 2) it is the number the IBT was tossing around. At $1.75/hr that comes to 1.75 million $/wk going into the funds where no benefit is accruing for the YRC workers. This comes at a time when the funds can really use the cash infusion. YRC workers are getting Jerry Sanduskied by Hoffa and Co.

Jerry probably showed more concern than we have gotten......:2437: I do not know the answer but are there not funds where credit is being accrued?

PS I will conceed 7 million so that we can get back to my original thought. Think now I can get away with saying YRC is paying "almost" as much as ABF towards Pension lump sum....Even at 25%. Now Muler can no longer impliy he is my soul reason for a pension.

Jerry probably showed more concern than we have gotten......:2437: I do not know the answer but are there not funds where credit is being accrued?

PS I will conceed 7 million so that we can get back to my original thought. Think now I can get away with saying YRC is paying "almost" as much as ABF towards Pension lump sum....Even at 25%. Now Muler can no longer impliy he is my soul reason for a pension.

That, my friend, is the $64,000 question that nobody can answer (except that western states is putting into a 401K for the men).

That, my friend, is the $64,000 question that nobody can answer (except that western states is putting into a 401K for the men).

I have reason to think that CS is giving some accruels.......Darned if I can remember why I think that tho.

I have noticed that too...but I chalked it up to him wanting to hear the words of wisdom from the likes of Muler, Docker, Truxforever, ABFer and GO40!
Ya, the life of the party right there. But how does the ABF'er fit into this group of elite wise men? :biglaugh:

from the link:
“While we are encouraged by ABF’s yield initiatives, we continue to focus on various paths to reduce ABF’s overall cost structure,” said Ms. McReynolds. “On-going efforts that offer opportunities to reduce ABF’s cost structure include ABF’s labor contract lawsuit, collaborative work to develop a permanent solution to correct our payment of non-ABF multiemployer pension benefits and preparations for negotiation of a new April 2013 labor contract.”
Hmmmmm-1.gif

ABF’s labor contract lawsuit is no longer an option so Ms. McReynolds can work more to develop a permanent solution to correct the payment of non-ABF multiemployer pension benefits
how is this accomplished, Judy?​

Wolf you keep bringing that up so lets get to the point. With what yrc is paying into CSPF they don't even pay the administrative cost. In 2011 the cost was around $84,000,000.00 to operate the CSPF(Form 5500). How much would you say yrc Teamsters get a month in retirement benefit payouts? If they yrc is not paying the full amount into the funds then they are not paying their SHARE! They are not paying what is needed to fund the pension liabilities they had agreed to. And yes not only ABF but many other companies are paying higher payments due to yrc not paying their share. yrc is about 5 times the size of ABF and at one time they were 10 times the size. Are they paying 5 times what ABF is into the pension funds? NO so they are nowhere close to paying their share. When I say we are paying the pensions I am talking about would you keep receiving your current amount if ABF lowered their payments to that of yrc's reduced payments. This is probably the best way I could put it. If ABF drops it's rate of paying into the fund to what yrc is paying would the fund last and or would there be more drastic changes? And if yrc had not lowered their contributions would CSPF have cut the pensions of some retirees and drastically changed the retirement age and benefits of others? And let's not forgrt some on those payments are going into 401K's which do nothing to help fund our funds. When you come up with your numbers you don't factor 401k contributions into it. So in order to come up with a more accurate number you need to MINUS any 401k payments. THANK YOU! YOUR HOPING I AM MAKING MYSELF CLEAR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe: wise men come and go, but was has this post of yours got to do with predatory pricing like you said.

Why would ABF not engage in predatory pricing against YRC like FedEx and Conway did?
1. ABF was losing money at the time
2. ABF shed freight the last 4 quarters
3. ABf filed law-suit
add it up but I say again 'what ever it takes to win' is a good thing

Why would ABF not engage in predatory pricing against YRC like FedEx and Conway did?
1. ABF was losing money at the time
2. ABF shed freight the last 4 quarters
3. ABf filed law-suit
add it up but I say again 'what ever it takes to win' is a good thing
Very simple... ABF doesn't haul freight just to fill up the trailers. They drop freight all the time that doesn't make money. Also all the nons and YRCW were doing a great job of gutting the industry without any help from us... :duh:

Wolf you keep bringing that up so lets get to the point. With what yrc is paying into CSPF they don't even pay the administrative cost. In 2011 the cost was around $84,000,000.00 to operate the CSPF(Form 5500). How much would you say yrc Teamsters get a month in retirement benefit payouts? If they yrc is not paying the full amount into the funds then they are not paying their SHARE! They are not paying what is needed to fund the pension liabilities they had agreed to. And yes not only ABF but many other companies are paying higher payments due to yrc not paying their share. yrc is about 5 times the size of ABF and at one time they were 10 times the size. Are they paying 5 times what ABF is into the pension funds? NO so they are nowhere close to paying their share. When I say we are paying the pensions I am talking about would you keep receiving your current amount if ABF lowered their payments to that of yrc's reduced payments. This is probably the best way I could put it. If ABF drops it's rate of paying into the fund to what yrc is paying would the fund last and or would there be more drastic changes? And if yrc had not lowered their contributions would CSPF have cut the pensions of some retirees and drastically changed the retirement age and benefits of others? And let's not forgrt some on those payments are going into 401K's which do nothing to help fund our funds. When you come up with your numbers you don't factor 401k contributions into it. So in order to come up with a more accurate number you need to MINUS any 401k payments. THANK YOU! YOUR HOPING I AM MAKING MYSELF CLEAR BROTHER ALWAYS!
I'm not that stupid.....I know damn well YRCs measly contibution will not substane the Funds........Nor will ABFs even at full rate. Do you care to admit that, or ignore my point. It may be more fun to continuely rub our nose in it but solves nothing. We are in the same boat.

I would like to add one other point.....I see instead if paying my pension you have at least changed it too paying a higher share. I concur. Baring any changes in the law my pension will stay the same until such time as the fund goes into bankruptcy. ABF not paying full rate will certainly hasten that as would "no" contributions from YRC or any of the other contributers.

Muler, I know it's a technicality but no one is paying in any more right now because of YRCW companies failure to make FULL payments. What will the future hold? I don't know, but if you've got a crystal ball check Friday's lotto numbers and PM them to me.:hysterical:

Muler, I know it's a technicality but no one is paying in any more right now because of YRCW companies failure to make FULL payments. What will the future hold? I don't know, but if you've got a crystal ball check Friday's lotto numbers and PM them to me.:hysterical:

It seems you guys like to keep *****footing around trying to justify it in your own minds and convince others that there was nothing wrong with YRC's not paying into the fund then re-entering at 25%...so I'm going to come right out with it again...IMO...The pension issue should of never even been part of the YRCW Restructuring!!!

You can try and butter up that fact all you want on the YRC Forum...but you will receive some backlash over here with all that BS!

How does that sound to you Albag?

It seems you guys like to keep *****footing around trying to justify it in your own minds and convince others that there was nothing wrong with YRC's not paying into the fund then re-entering at 25%...so I'm going to come right out with it again...IMO...The pension issue should of never even been part of the YRCW Restructuring!!!

You can try and butter up that fact all you want on the YRC Forum...but you will receive some backlash over here with all that BS!

I don't *****foot so don't use "You guys"

You still don't get it. Anything is better then a YRC shut-down. You'll see. Everybody gets a whack at it

Docker CSPF had massive financial issues long before the fiasco at the YRCW companies. So please don't try to blame ALL your funds trouble on YRCF. I'm a 710 road driver. Due to us (YRCF) I will get benifits from 2 different funds. Both from 710, though. Our fund is now divided it NEVER was before. The new fund was created to deal with the reduced contributions. That fund will only pay about $25.00 per month per year of service. The old fund will still covers ABF and my time before 2008.