ABF | Earnings up, tonnage down...

If I'm not mistaken all of the demeaning insults were from you and Docker responding to me and wolf. Now that you are a moderator you can choose who is allowed to post here and any one who disagrees will be regarded as disrespectful? This is ridiculous. Only you are entitled to an opinion. Everyone who doesn't agree with you or Docker is a lair, gets a warning and then banned. This kind of allegiance and politics sucks:9529:

:grouphug:
abf.gif

And there goes Plunger Joe with his clip art again. That garbage has gotten you banned before. Not once but twice if I remember correctly. I thought Muler had banned him from this forum or the site altogether for a while.

First of all, I thought that I did concede why I voted yes. My elected leaders CONVINCED enough brothers and sisters that a no vote was a vote to close ALL the YRCW companies. So there for a vote to end my job.
And now perhaps it's time to admit that much of your anger is the result of the disadvantage the YRCW MOUs put ABF teamsters at the bargaining table. Your assertion that somehow we wish for failure is absurd.
I also don't see the vicsious attacks on sincere outsider posts on the YRC Freight board.
And as far as CSPF goes ABF is one of hundreds of contributory employers.

Bro, why would you believe them?
Union Says YRC Worldwide May Close New Penn | Journal of Commerce Union Says YRC Worldwide May Close New Penn
New Threat: YRC May Close If Chicago Votes No | Teamsters for a Democratic Union
https://www.hightable.com/trucking/...ere-are-no-buyers-for-regional-new-penn-42742
Hoffa posted a letter confirming YRC will shut down but it's a PDF file..unable to copy

First of all, I thought that I did concede why I voted yes. My elected leaders CONVINCED enough brothers and sisters that a no vote was a vote to close ALL the YRCW companies. So there for a vote to end my job.
And now perhaps it's time to admit that much of your anger is the result of the disadvantage the YRCW MOUs put ABF teamsters at the bargaining table. Your assertion that somehow we wish for failure is absurd.
I also don't see the vicsious attacks on sincere outsider posts on the YRC Freight board.
Then their will be no problem if we decide to go a diffrent route with our pension come contract time....dont take this the wrong way,i worked for roadway & left befofe the $hit hit the fan. It was all about my pension I dident care about my vacation time or my bid i was thinking about my future. You did what you had to do & i will do what is best for me & my family, good luck in what ever the future may hold....

You have posted remarks on this forum have you been viciously attacked? I only hope you see the difference in the people that are doing the posting. YOUR KEEPING THE RULES BROTHER ALWAYS!

Last edited by a moderator:
And there goes Plunger Joe with his clip art again. That garbage has gotten you banned before. Not once but twice if I remember correctly. I thought Muler had banned him from this forum or the site altogether for a while.
Not me but another MOD did. I think he is on the way out again.

Bro, why would you believe them?
Union Says YRC Worldwide May Close New Penn | Journal of Commerce Union Says YRC Worldwide May Close New Penn
New Threat: YRC May Close If Chicago Votes No | Teamsters for a Democratic Union
https://www.hightable.com/trucking/...ere-are-no-buyers-for-regional-new-penn-42742
Hoffa posted a letter confirming YRC will shut down but it's a PDF file..unable to copy
I have a bag full of documents from tyson the turncoat and the IBT telling us to vote yes on the beg back or ABF would close soon. That was almost three years ago. And let's not forget the new companies they have BOUGHT since. YOUR VOTING ON FACTS NOT FEAR BROTHER ALWAYS!

I have a bag full of documents from tyson the turncoat and the IBT telling us to vote yes on the beg back or ABF would close soon. That was almost three years ago. And let's not forget the new companies they have BOUGHT since. YOUR VOTING ON FACTS NOT FEAR BROTHER ALWAYS!
The teamsters at ABF were not persuaded to grant concessions. And I believe rightly so. The financial conditions were and remain vastly different at ABF than were and are at YRCF. I believed the SEC filings by YRCW. And when a corporation is losing BILLIONS a VERY compelling argument can be made to grant economic relief. Such was NOT the case at ABF.

The teamsters at ABF were not persuaded to grant concessions. And I believe rightly so. The financial conditions were and remain vastly different at ABF than were and are at YRCF. I believed the SEC filings by YRCW. And when a corporation is losing BILLIONS a VERY compelling argument can be made to grant economic relief. Such was NOT the case at ABF.
Here is one question that I would ask myself. If yrcw was and is so bad off why do lenders keep giving them MONEY? You and If both know they don't throw money in the garbage. So think of that when you ponder the great yrcw mess. YOUR NOT TRUSTING THE BANKS BROTHER ALWAYS!

Another thing in your post that shows that people voted out of fear and not fact is the sentence that states the ABF Teamsters were not PERSUADED (not CONVINCED)!

Another thing in your post that shows that people voted out of fear and not fact is the sentence that states the ABF Teamsters were not PERSUADED (not CONVINCED)!
All i have to say is new penn....they put them in a corner & beat them until they sais yes....

You want me to answer..."IF I had been convinced that YRC would close would I stand behind their decision for concessions? Knowing full well it would put a strain on ABF? First of all...and these are all just my opinions...the welfare and integrity of our union comes foremost and that includes ABF. Second...there's no way anyone could of been absolutely convinced that if the YRC Teamsters would of rejected the YRCW Restructuring Agreement that they would of folded and my personal opinion is that wouldn't of happened...they would of went back to the bargaining table but that point isn't even worth arguing because it's all in what you believe and no one can say beyond a reasonable doubt that they are right on either side of that argument.Do you agree?

I would of been a no vote because it was not in the best interest of our union as a whole.Let me explain...it showed weakness on our leadership side as well as the rank and file thus giving all companies a bird eyes view of how the threat of folding will get the union to cave in to their demands and once that starts...you are entering in dangerous territory. Robert Young even went as far as to threaten us already when they were on their campaign for our concessions in stating that he would just shut ABF down if we voted it down when he got very frustrated after receiving negative comments at his meeting with the ABF Teamsters.Just look what has really transpired in the whole YRC chaos...after the first concessions passed with flying colors...they realized they could get more easily...then comes the second...also passed very well...which made them realize that after two very successful concessions with hardly a fight at all...got bolder and came up with the all so popular Restructuring Agreement which went way beyond just concessions...it also changed the work rules and even went as far as taking 5 minutes from the breaks...taking that 5 minutes from the breaks was the companies way of slapping the workers right in the face to see just how vulnerable the workers were and to their amazement...it still passed...the workers were willing to help the company survive by taking the huge monetary cuts and still allow the company to slap them in the face by letting them even take those measly 5 minutes...which the company didn't care about at all...they just wanted to prove a point and proved it very well!

But that wasn't your question...your question was if I would stand behind their decision for concessions? I do stand behind their decision...even though I disagree and voice my displeasure with it...we are still brothers and sisters in this great Teamster union and just like in one's own personal family...we may not always agree and fight amongst ourselves over decisions made but still end up supporting our family member whether we believe it right or wrong.I feel the same when it comes to the union...but now...I just feel that it's a setback that we will have to overcome because the Teamsters can't afford to go backwards after all the hardships of the past to get were we are today and I do hope that I will be wrong in my thinking that the YRC Teamsters will never get up to full wage and benefits again...that will be one time that I would be happy to admit I was wrong!
Thank you for a well thought out respectfull answer. I agree with the position all this has caused. It would seem that you see the Union as an Ideal and I see it as People. That leads us in different directions in our thinking.

And Now it is time for me to admit that I have failed. Over the last couple of years I have tried my dardnest to get the insults and inuedndos to stop. My message and posts have always been about Unifing the members. And yes by attacking those guilty. With the Moderator Muler it is not posible. He can continue to imply YRC cowards, name call and and insult the Teamster leadership for all to see, even try to devide his own Local. I will no longer participate in his foolishness. I have not given enough credit to the Drivers that come to TB to see the truth on their own. For that I opologize....Carry on Muler...Your the Man

Here is one question that I would ask myself. If yrcw was and is so bad off why do lenders keep giving them MONEY? You and If both know they don't throw money in the garbage. So think of that when you ponder the great yrcw mess. YOUR NOT TRUSTING THE BANKS BROTHER ALWAYS!

YRC has a network worth waiting for better economic times. They have the best brands in the industry. Roadway, Yellow, Holland, Reddaway and New Penn are top freight companies. Loans are backed with assets. They shall return

thank you, JP Morgan

YRC has a network worth waiting for better economic times. They have the best brands in the industry. Roadway, Yellow, Holland, Reddaway and New Penn are top freight companies. Loans are backed with assets. They shall return

thank you, JP Morgan
If you love them so much, go back to work for them....

Unless my response or comment is clearly meant amuse I try to choose my words wisely. That of course is why I opted for persuaded rather than convinced. In our vote I was persuaded to vote yes. I had and still have lingering doubts. However I felt the outcome was more LIKELY to be the end of YRCW.

And Now it is time for me to admit that I have failed. Over the last couple of years I have tried my dardnest to get the insults and inuedndos to stop. My message and posts have always been about Unifing the members. And yes by attacking those guilty. With the Moderator Muler it is not posible. He can continue to imply YRC cowards, name call and and insult the Teamster leadership for all to see, even try to devide his own Local. I will no longer participate in his foolishness. I have not given enough credit to the Drivers that come to TB to see the truth on their own. For that I opologize....Carry on Muler...Your the Man
You really have a problem. I have never called yrc Teamsters cowards. If you feel that is what comes from my post then you may have deep issues that need addressed. Where have I tried to divide my own local? You have really went far out there. I like you and others that come to this site have ideas and opinions and as such I post them. If I am not a hoffa fan or a tyson fan that is my rights under our constitutions both as Americans and Teamsters. I post the truth and if you know other wise prove it. I post links and proof so for you to say that is just a shame to see what you have stooped to. Just because I am a moderator does not mean I can not post my beliefs as you are allowed to do.
But if you don't like the way you are acknowledged on this forum just leave it is just that simple. You will not get the backing of the ABF Teamsters on here because they can see Thru your post. All I have done is post where you were at best misleading in some of your post. If they were not then post the facts and links I would like to see that. But if you think you are going to come to our ABF forum and trumpet things that have affected our lives in a negative way you are MISTAKEN! I don't think you will ever be remembered as a great unifier in this forum or any other. Just Saying. YOUR SAYING GOODBYE IN ADVANCE BROTHER AL:WAYS!

Unless my response or comment is clearly meant amuse I try to choose my words wisely. That of course is why I opted for persuaded rather than convinced. In our vote I was persuaded to vote yes. I had and still have lingering doubts. However I felt the outcome was more LIKELY to be the end of YRCW.
Understandable. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Couple a things. ABF being a high cost carrier can no longer afford to carry high discounted freight. ABF could have done this 2 years ago but all the carriers were desperately competing for market share during the crash. At the same time they attempted to get YRC to exit the market place with predatory pricing. Not just ABF. FedEx and Conway too. It didn't work. Now all the carriers are raising rates knowing they couldn't put the giant down. Business is war..kill or be killed:coffee1:
For all of you who may have forgotten how this thread got nasty just view post #5 it would be none other than joe the ABF HATER! and him and his fellow trolls are now whining. YOUR HEADING THEM OFF AT THE PASS BROTHER ALWAYS!

Why do wish death to ABF? Why do you want to see your union brothers out of a job? You do realize that if anything happens to Yrc OR Abf, your retirement is done for. Why don't you go to the other companies forums and blast them? Fedex and Conway with their 90/90 program. Or OD drivers and their willingness to drive down the industry standard? WTF is wrong with you?
Here is a reply from a yrcw employee asking joe why he wishes harm to us. Thanks Slim for your asking. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

People like Joe come and go. This board is self cleansing. If you continue to feed the troll, he will keep coming back.

Stop responding to him and he will have no reason to return. Use the ignore feature and ignore him.
Now here is another stand up Brother expressing how he views joe and his tactics. Thank you Brother. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!