SAIA | East coast push!

I would say that I know that about you. I would say how much I respect you. I would say that Jeff could have never found a better man to be his right hand man. But I won't say that because my reputation is already that of being a big Suck Ass. After all one our newest members honored me by putting his user name as "Trainisasuckass" .... I should be honored. To hell with it Smoke ... Let me wear their scorn with pride today. I'm kissing your ass. Not that it will get me anywhere. But I am. So they can just get over it. :2437::butt kiss:

:wavey: HEY!!!! what about me????? Can't I get some of that???
When you get 213 trophy points like Smoke I shall give you a proper ass kissing. Until then all you will get is my respect for being one of the best Moderators on Truckingboards. I would put you only behind Guardrail. I think you would agree that when he's on. He's on.

When you get 213 trophy points like Smoke I shall give you a proper ass kissing. Until then all you will get is my respect for being one of the best Moderators on Truckingboards. I would put you only behind Guardrail. I think you would agree that when he's on. He's on.
aaaa You are too kind. I don't know about me being a great mod, I just get involved when I need to...and I act in manners unbecoming a moderator plenty. But thank you.

aaaa You are too kind. I don't know about me being a great mod, I just get involved when I need to...and I act in manners unbecoming a moderator plenty. But thank you.
Which we both know I didn't. And that's the reason I'm no longer a Moderator.

I would say that I know that about you. I would say how much I respect you. I would say that Jeff could have never found a better man to be his right hand man. But I won't say that because my reputation is already that of being a big Suck Ass. After all one our newest members honored me by putting his user name as "Trainisasuckass" .... I should be honored. To hell with it Smoke ... Let me wear their scorn with pride today. I'm kissing your ass. Not that it will get me anywhere. But I am. So they can just get over it. :2437::butt kiss:

Thank you Brother that means allot .

Just to make it clear, my username was in response to "runawaytrain's". Though I have no ill will towards Train, and I do believe he has made some good points. I was also honest with him when he inquired. I would be happy to change the name, but there doesn't seem to that option. I am not on here that much. As far as the other user with " suckass" in the name, I don't know what to tell you. I know who I am, and I know I haven't caused any problems, and was above board with the who inquired. If there is an issue with me, I would wish you take it up with me, instead of a passive aggressive comment on this board. Thank you.

Just to make it clear, my username was in response to "runawaytrain's". Though I have no ill will towards Train, and I do believe he has made some good points. I was also honest with him when he inquired. I would be happy to change the name, but there doesn't seem to that option. I am not on here that much. As far as the other user with " suckass" in the name, I don't know what to tell you. I know who I am, and I know I haven't caused any problems, and was above board with the who inquired. If there is an issue with me, I would wish you take it up with me, instead of a passive aggressive comment on this board. Thank you.
Let me be clear with you then also. I find it funny that you chose that name. I've been called much worse than that and it really doesn't bother me. You must be thick skinned to come on here. Because when you take a stance against ANYTHING you will most likely be attacked. From my days on here as a Moderator to today I've learned many things. But the one thing that I've learned that has helped me the most in life is this. Tolerance and Restraint ..... The very things that have haunted me much of my life. You must pick your battles carefully or find yourself fighting causes that really have no direct impact on you. Just make your stance but don't take things so personal. Just go by the rules Jeff has set for his site and you can pretty much say anything. Keeping in mind that anything you say can come back and haunt you. As long as what you say toward management is something you would say to their faces then you should be fine. My downfall on here was I became too involved and couldn't stay professional. I got down in the mud with some and rolled around too long. Not being objective like a moderator should be. If I had the opportunity to do things over I would. But as with many things in life you don't. And I'm OK with that. I think regret is just a waste of time.

Last edited:
I understand that the things that get typed here can come back to haunt you. Especially when this site has your email address that can be linked to you personally. II also realize that there are some long time members here that have made statements, volunteered information, and had criticism that is in direct violation of the company social media policy. I am very aware of those facts, and more aware than you know with my relationships I have madewithin the company. I do have a thick skin, and I am not reckless in wanting to "battle" everyone on a forum. As I stated, I hold no ill will towards you, and honestly I do not appreciate the tone of your reply in which it appears you are talking down to me. I am blunt and honest in my statements and opinions, I may offend some people along the way, and I will not apologize, because it may make some people think. As a former moderator, I would hope if you had issues with someone you handled it head on as you did with me and my username, for that, I applaud you. As far as the other mods and admins, either deal with me direct, or boot me, don't make open ended accusatory comments on a forum, that is cowardess. That's all I am going to say, if I am no longer allowed to be here, so be it.

Yeah, there you go. Open the northeast. Go to an area of the country where you have no foothold. That should bode well during the next layoff cycle. Looks to me like Saia needs to concentrate on improving density along their established lanes.

Yeah, there you go. Open the northeast. Go to an area of the country where you have no foothold. That should bode well during the next layoff cycle. Looks to me like Saia needs to concentrate on improving density along their established lanes.
I actually agree with you for once. But there will come a time when expansion needs to take place and I'm sure Rick will know when that is. I have heard of no official announcement as of this date.

I honestly think rick has no intrest in opening up the north east....ive heard him say he just wants to grow are existing foot print

Anybody have any more info on us going to the east coast?
Well this info received from other drivers so tske it for what its worth...I heard a few months back Saia aquired Ward Trucking and plans to open up the NE after the first of the year. Since then I have been told of maby Ward trucks pulling Saia equipment along Ohio and Penn turnpike heading that way.
Also heard a rumor Saia had bought an old Jevic terminal in Pennsylvania. ... all rumor for now....only time will tell. !