SAIA | East coast push!

I could see them doing it. The Cleveland terminal is so big that they don't even use half the doors most of the time. Plenty of room for more freight there. Chicagoland is getting a new terminal in Grayslake in a couple months so the old Burr Ridge terminal will have much more capacity once that happens. Indy and St Louis are both rumored to get new terminals in the future. Kansas City is doubling in size as we speak (may already be done by now). Minneapolis is also moving to a new larger terminal soon.

Personally I think they should concentrate on getting better service on the areas they already have, but I'm a dumb truck driver so what the hell do I know, right? Lol
My thoughts exactly. Although I'm not as dumb as I would have them believe.

Maybe Saia is buying Ward?
Wouldn't be a good buy , first of ward doesn't cover the whole coast. At the present time they have some over lapping terminals. Also would be a euipments match problem , for ward is mostly a van operations. They would want to buy a well established , profitable ltl carrier that is for sell at a good price. Also descent terminals and a good solid outbound freight. There is no problem with inbound going there. Tolls, higher fuel prices , etc . Would come into play

Ward would be the best buy saia ever did...the over lapping terminals in would strengthen are market share in areas ware we are weak...the last 2 companys saia bought have been van operations

Ward would be the best buy saia ever did...the over lapping terminals in would strengthen are market share in areas ware we are weak...the last 2 companys saia bought have been van operations
Ward doesn't cover new England direct , interline. We already do that ourselves. With ward you are only gaining 3 states. Look at their webb and you will see what I am referring to. It's just my opinion

Ward doesn't cover new England direct , interline. We already do that ourselves. With ward you are only gaining 3 states. Look at their webb and you will see what I am referring to. It's just my opinion
Where we need help in my opinion is by adding another terminal north or west side of atl. Every one has 2 or more . Would take a ton of pressure off atl. P & d operation

We only gained three states when we bought connection though...ward does close to 200 million a yr..

been hearing murmurings of terminals opening in pa in july anyone else hearing this chatter
It was mentioned in the Q1 conference call, but no timetable was given. New Jersey along with Pennsylvania was thrown out there. I will believe it when I see it. Expansion has been a "murmur" for quite a while now.