Eastern Personnel slated for 5% pay cut...

JLKKLJ777

TB Lurker
Credits
Well folks it is now official. According to Eastern management we are going to have our mileage and hourly compensation cut by 5% effective 07/12/09. I got the info tonight from Lee who is covering night dispatch while Ray is on medical leave.

According to Lee; "it was either the cut or close the doors." I had no idea things were that bad. In addition to the cut new drivers will be offered .35 cpm to start (was .38) and new team drivers will be offered .44 cpm split. .22 cpm per driver.

The medical deductions may be increased for new hires as well.

Suspecting and knowing are 2 different things.

I would like to know if these cuts are also happening on the NEMF side as well as office workers, shop personnel, and management. Of course the NEMF side has the union to help negotiate for them while we have no say what so ever.

My next query would be; is this going to be too little too late or will this 5% be enough to turn things around?

Nemf

you know who I know in the company so I get it from the horses mouth. NEMF and Mike will get the concessions he wants. Check it out. I told you 2 weeks ago when the big boys came to Jersey to meet. I know most of these guys for years. We worked together in other places ( New Penn), this is just the beginning. Other plans are in the works with Eastern and Carrier.

you know who I know in the company so I get it from the horses mouth. NEMF and Mike will get the concessions he wants. Check it out. I told you 2 weeks ago when the big boys came to Jersey to meet. I know most of these guys for years. We worked together in other places ( New Penn), this is just the beginning. Other plans are in the works with Eastern and Carrier.

Feel free to send me a PM (private message) about these other plans if you do not want to discuss it in the open. Had it not been for these forums I would have never even known a pay cut was even being considered let alone already decided.

Trust me when I say the office personnel do not go out of their way to tell me anything. The only time I do get any info is if I ask specific questions to the right person.

Sometimes I do feel like the proverbial "mushroom."

office

I dont think Tommy or Brian are in the loop. they just hear rumors. I get it from the decision makers. I know some of them a long time , in a galaxy far, far away.

Official Letter From James Bellino

Just received my official letter from EFW's GM James Bellino. Figured I would share it with my NEMF brothers. Not sure if you guys are also getting the 5% cut all Eastern personnel are getting starting today but at least you all know what is going on over here:

Date: July 10th 2009.

To: All eastern Drivers

I want to express the appreciation and thanks that the Shevells, the Executive Committee, and I have for the job that you do. Without dedicated, professional drivers, Eastern Freight Ways would not be the quality carrier it is today. Our objective during these difficlut times is to survive the storm and position ourselves properly for the rebound that will come at some point in the future.

As we fight our way through this recession, it has become necessary for ALL workers within The Shevell Group of companies to make sacrifices. From drivers to office workers to managers, every one of the employees at Eastern and the other companies has been impacted. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and support with this wage adjustment and we can assure you that your assistance will help the company to remain stable and competitive in the months ahead.

Together, we can make a difference at Eastern Freight Ways.

Sincerely James Bellino, General Manager

difference is nemf is union...i just dont see the boys voting--yes for a pay cut

As far as I know the union drivers at NEMF are not effected by this cut.

They are under a contract and they stay the same until that ends. I don''t think they are asking for union pay concessions but I could be wrong.

Heard Shevell has pumped 30 million of his own money to keep things going now he wants all you to pay it back

Shevell is only doing this because all the other carriers are doing it. He has not said what he wnts from the NEMF boys yet, but you can bet it will be at least the same as eastern or more, they make more. Glad I got out while I was able!!!!!!!!!