Holland | Eastern terminals to close?

Ask your tm to see your file. About 2 weeks before dugan shut down they sent all our files off to home office my old tm told me win i asked to see my file.
Are you talking about our personel files. I would guess your talking about so they can call us for a job..........If that is the case they can burn mine.:1036316054:

That is odd all of Reddaway got letters from their President there was NO plans to shut down anyone. But, Holland would take the big hit.
Not all of Reddaway, I didn't get the propaganda.

Let's be rational everyone, if you owned a company would you tell your employees you were closing the doors in a month so that they could bail early to protect their own a-ses?
I'm not sure I would

Let's be rational everyone, if you owned a company would you tell your employees you were closing the doors in a month so that they could bail early to protect their own a-ses?
I'm not sure I would

I dont know if they would or could,but the way yellow and roadway overlap holland and reddaway,they could do that. they would just have to divert the freight through one of those those other companies.

I dont know if they would or could,but the way yellow and roadway overlap holland and reddaway,they could do that. they would just have to divert the freight through one of those those other companies.

I doubt that would work. Plus what about all the freight at the closing terminals. If mgt came out and said they were shutting the doors in a few weeks do you actually think people would work? I sure as hell wouldn't and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be alone.

Do you think this is the first step in consolidating Reddaway, Roadway, Holland and New Penn?

They have a legal way to eliminate employee's without being forced to transfer anyone or hold seniority. The only chance the affected employees have is request work opportunity transfers to other terminals to save company seniority. That won't happen till new contract and work picks up, its too darn slow.

what do our company's hate most? work rules. first thing to change. next will be the terminals close to each other with no change in delivery days(1 or 2 day freight(example:Detroit and Pontiac share same delivery days). shut down or merge of shops . three, "utility drivers will be supported by 4 hour casuals". this will haunt us all.:chairshot:
As a former C.F and P.I.E employee now employed at Con-Way you hit it right on the head. Besides a pension work rules are what I miss the most.

I have a copy of a letter from John O. addressed to TM's & Account execs. It states six facilities to be closed are located in Albany Ga, Jackson Ms, Lumberton Nc, Little Rock AR, Mobile AL and Metter GA. It further states Reddaway will be closing 21 service centers in LA. NM.OK.and Texas. "Throughout this transition we should all remain upbeat"

I'm not sure I would
C.F. picked up 60 million pounds of freight the Friday before they closed they kept a pretty good secret.

it was the best day we had all year . then got a call labor day black monday sept 1 2002 telling us there shutting our doors. labor day a real slap in the face to us and unions if they did to us they do it to you

I'm Reddaway from socal, the letter said they were not going to shut down the company and not to scare our customers with these rumors. NOTICE nothing said about closing terminals just not going to shut down the whole company.....

Well Their not shutting down the whole company right... and I assume T.J. thought this was a respectable thing to do a week before 1200 people lost their jobs.:toxic:We have to be smart enough to read between the lines. YRCW move like vultures the only thing we can do as a driver is assume we're next...:2wce0ep:

USF Hsbg

zollars said yesturday holland is loseing money because they tried doing something in areas outside of there core . and need to get back to what they use to be.midwest 1to2 day service. hollands service is 2 days from albany ny to philly pa .thats 3 hours away.

anybody know if usf holland is moving into the small dock @ roadways terminal in carlisle

I would just like to wish the best for all of us. The ones that are working and the ones that are not.
Good luck. I think we are going to need it.