ADuiePyle | Efficiency.

Yes, a growth spurt followed by a down turn in business=
sL0Wb0L.jpg

Never ever was questioned about my times in linehaul or p/d.
If you are delayed for any reason or take a break along the way central wants you to communicate by qualcomm so the time can be deducted. But remember there are drivers who will try to run under the times to earn brownie points and will make it hard on guys who drive at a steady pace and safely who take their breaks..
But sooner or later the hard chargers luck is going to run out and all those brownie points will be wiped out! Run at a nice steady pace,take your breaks and arrive home safe!

One of the things that made me leave other than the huge pay cut was the slack attitude about safety. Two quick examples are getting in and out of meet points in 15 minutes if your meet driver is there. No way can 2 vehicles be properly post and pretripped in that amount of time. Have an accident and watch DOT and lawyers hang us out to dry. Another is we were told that we shouldn't stop if we were falling asleep as that is stealing time. I'll clock off! It's better to arrive safely and before your gate time than the alternative. Their building beautiful very expensive terminals and the drivers and other employees are paying for it.

One of the things that made me leave other than the huge pay cut was the slack attitude about safety. Two quick examples are getting in and out of meet points in 15 minutes if your meet driver is there. No way can 2 vehicles be properly post and pretripped in that amount of time. Have an accident and watch DOT and lawyers hang us out to dry. Another is we were told that we shouldn't stop if we were falling asleep as that is stealing time. I'll clock off! It's better to arrive safely and before your gate time than the alternative. Their building beautiful very expensive terminals and the drivers and other employees are paying for it.
It is unfortunate that this is the case. They cannot dictate how long your pre and post trip inspections take, nor can they demand that you continue to drive if you are too tire to go on safely. This is an old stale case and drivers have been awarded pretty large sums of back pay by the courts for it. There is an old Roadway case and a not so old R&L case on the matter. If I was in your shoes I'd do what was right, let them fire me, get the gubment on them for demanding that I work under unsafe conditions and split after I got my money. But that does not resolve your cut in hours issue which is immediate and you probably need to take action on already. Good luck and safe travels.

The run I got from the last bids reduced my salary by 1/5 or more. Other companies that run turnpike doubles are hurting for drivers to pull these.

The run I got from the last bids reduced my salary by 1/5 or more. Other companies that run turnpike doubles are hurting for drivers to pull these.
They wouldn't be if they ponied up the right amount of money. :shrug:

Yes another dollar per hr to pull doubles
26.49 per hour actual time behind the wheel, you punch in at 25.49 as well as anything else you do
Talk about being chicken ::shit::. I wouldn't do it just out of principal. A whopping what, $60/week max? Ooops except that it's only while I'm on the Thruway so it's more like what, $40? All the while they're getting two (2) loads moved for the price of one (1). Make it more like $5/hr and we'll talk. :ranting2::soapbox:

Talk about being chicken :::shit:::. I wouldn't do it just out of principal. A whopping what, $60/week max? Ooops except that it's only while I'm on the Thruway so it's more like what, $40? All the while they're getting two (2) loads moved for the price of one (1). Make it more like $5/hr and we'll talk. :ranting2::soapbox:
I know! Its not for me either im to old and set in my ways

We had a p/d quit us 2 work 4 u guys in Newburgh. Mgmt sent him to WC, he lasted 2 days at WC. From his words they sold him a lie. So he'll be back at np nxt wk, our Stewart gave him great advice, use vac time and if adp doesn't work out come back. No loss of seniority