Yellow | ELD

most of the companies,and individual groups fighting ELD's, are probably the ones who will be forced to start running their operations by the law, and not violating HOS.....
Big grocery haulers will be hurt most. They're used to drivers sitting at the dock being unloaded for hours, driving four hours to the next shipper, sitting at the dock for 3 more hours being loaded, and then being expected to drive 550 miles overnight to a 6am appmnt the next morning. Gonna be a shock to have to be legal.

You may want to re-read that. It doesn't say the delay would only be for small companies and owner operators, it just mentions the burden that would be placed on them in particular if the ELD goes into effect....
The only burden I can think of is having to run legal. The only other thing I can think of is the cost of the equipment and the service itself. I really have no idea what the cost is.
Every driver that runs legal and is using ELD'S seems to like it. The only real change is the driver no longer has to keep a log book.

The only burden I can think of is having to run legal. The only other thing I can think of is the cost of the equipment and the service itself. I really have no idea what the cost is.
Every driver that runs legal and is using ELD'S seems to like it. The only real change is the driver no longer has to keep a log book.
I honestly believe ELDs will have no to little effect on safety.There will be accidents ,collisions with fatalities.That will never stop.Just more fancy technology that the tech companies will profit off of with the government's blessing.I have seen that most fleets are in a safe haven before midnight or earlier.Which decreases accidents tremendously.That is without ELDs.I agree with forward facing dash cams that are easily downloaded to view a driver's whole trip plus GPS tracking.ELDs is just more costly junk and it doesn't provide freight rate increases.Most if not all freight rates are stuck in the late 80s to the decade of 90 with little to no change.

I don't see why we couldn't start using the restart rule.We can't get anyone to work here anymore.Most don't stay very long when hired.Something about that stupid red circle rule and the pay and sleeper teams and waiting by the phone while PTS is running around those waiting by the phone.

I don't need no stinkin' electronics, I'm going to keep logging the old way.

6ae3a756e8c99c320125a8fd43a5b258.jpg