FedEx Freight | ELD's/legal challenge/real world at FxF

I love the thing, Saves me alot of hassle, except when you have to swap to a tractor that doesn't have one installed yet.... But all in all I love the peoplenet!!

Well I for one think they suck!!!!! We don't have 'em at our barn yet :fingure:
Well you might as well get ready, actually they do save time and so far they are doing good. A lot of people don't like change but I think this one is for the better. Would be willing to bet that one you get them you change your mind, but then again maybe not.

Renting a tractor will be rendered effectively impossible by this, unless they're granted the same exemption as a system malfunction with the elogs. Of course, I don't think anyone in Washington has considered this yet.

Renting a tractor will be rendered effectively impossible by this, unless they're granted the same exemption as a system malfunction with the elogs. Of course, I don't think anyone in Washington has considered this yet.
Perhaps there should be a universal plug-in access on all commercial vehicles, which would allow for use of a portable device. Then there would have to be portable devices readily available too. Oh, the tangled web...

Folks,
here's an article from the internet about the legal challenge and it's imminent failure.

http://www.overdriveonline.com/truc...ly-to-side-with-fmcsa-in-eld-court-challenge/

Next question, how are they working for our road drivers using them in the real world?

ST

I think they recently updated the software. We've been using them for three months and I've had no problems with them. However, over the past two days I've had three Stability Incidents and one Hard braking, each of which was recorded.

The funny part is the Stability Incidents were each going downhill at about 65mph with no side-to-side or forward back motion, and the 'hard braking' was coming to a stop at my slot in the yard - LOL!

I've yet to hear from management on these but I'm sure I will.

At OD we're required to carry paper logs just in case. In six years of using PeopleNet the dispatch function has failed a number of times but the Elogs have been 100% reliable.

I think they recently updated the software. We've been using them for three months and I've had no problems with them. However, over the past two days I've had three Stability Incidents and one Hard braking, each of which was recorded.

The funny part is the Stability Incidents were each going downhill at about 65mph with no side-to-side or forward back motion, and the 'hard braking' was coming to a stop at my slot in the yard - LOL!

I've yet to hear from management on these but I'm sure I will.
I think these write ups will bite them in the rear. No driver will hire on here under that scrutiny that may get you fired when it's normal driving. Have no problem with hard brake recorded but the second rule for following distance I do . Trucks run on momentum and trying to pass and time a slot to get out and pass shouldn't be held against you. Im not condoning riding somebody's rear for miles, so don't go there

I think these write ups will bite them in the rear. No driver will hire on here under that scrutiny that may get you fired when it's normal driving. Have no problem with hard brake recorded but the second rule for following distance I do . Trucks run on momentum and trying to pass and time a slot to get out and pass shouldn't be held against you. Im not condoning riding somebody's rear for miles, so don't go there

I think the industry is joining the 21st century. There's no turning back now, the technology is in the trucks and we all need to adjust our driving style to minimize alarms. Some folks will claim the technology kills folks or prevents freight from being serviced. Bull. Back off and drive like a Grandmother. It's the way of the future...and before anyone screams about losing money because of mileage pay, within 14 months, every road driver in this company will be paid hourly, my opinion.

I personally don't pay one bit of attention to the camera and haven't changed my driving style one bit. We are all professionals, if you have to change your driving style because they put a camera in your truck then i would be considering a career change.

I personally don't pay one bit of attention to the camera and haven't changed my driving style one bit. We are all professionals, if you have to change your driving style because they put a camera in your truck then i would be considering a career change.
That's good it's not active until the 7th