Yellow | ELDs

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
IHCSYxs.jpg

This will be interesting watching this unfold !
I noticed in the above letter that says edits or changes " Making changes by driver or office personnel" So the company can falsify your log to meet their needs ?
Any changes will be by who is logged into the device at the time the changes were made.Am sure it will record that also...

Any changes will be by who is logged into the device at the time the changes were made.Am sure it will record that also...
Here we go again! I'll bet more time will be spent on how to get around the rules. It's amazing how smart drivers are!

Not what I am talking about. Was commenting on just that. People who think the company is going to go in and change their entries . The best thing I see with these,is it will keep people honest...
Ok. I don't think anything will change! Just look at that info YRC put out. 75% of city drivers won't be envolved! YRC will get every hour they can and stop them on day #7. So city drivers won't have to use them. As for road drivers I still see lots of ways for some drivers to do business as usual! But I'll have to wait till they explain how to use these new eld's to see if any good will come out of this.

I can confirm that nobody can make changes to the logs without logging in, and changes can't be made retroactively. It even records what device was used to log in. I ran ELD's for nearly 2 years and they count every minute. There's even a detailed breakdown for you of how many of what type of hours you have available, as well as if you're available to go on duty at all.

Trust me, you can't game ELD's. With ELD's, you're legal or you're not. It tells you when you are due for your break 30 minutes ahead of time so you can find somewhere to stop. If you don't, it records you as being in violation and automatically confines you to being off duty for 10 hours. Continue in violation and it will inform you that you are in violation and log the entire time period you do so.

This WILL stop the super truckers. And ultimately the ELD's are better for drivers. They're even easier than paper once you get used to using them.

I can confirm that nobody can make changes to the logs without logging in, and changes can't be made retroactively. It even records what device was used to log in. I ran ELD's for nearly 2 years and they count every minute. There's even a detailed breakdown for you of how many of what type of hours you have available, as well as if you're available to go on duty at all.

Trust me, you can't game ELD's. With ELD's, you're legal or you're not. It tells you when you are due for your break 30 minutes ahead of time so you can find somewhere to stop. If you don't, it records you as being in violation and automatically confines you to being off duty for 10 hours. Continue in violation and it will inform you that you are in violation and log the entire time period you do so.

This WILL stop the super truckers. And ultimately the ELD's are better for drivers. They're even easier than paper once you get used to using them.
This thread is sounding just like the one on the ABF forum about EOBR. Everyone finds everything wrong with them,and not even had the chance to use them...still going to operate by HOS guidelines,60-in 7, or 70 in 8....

How do you think the ELD's will change the shipper or receiver keeping a driver waiting a long time for loading or unloading? Do you see the companies charging 80 bucks an hour after 2 hours? Will the dock people scramble to hire more people to handle the loads. Ho do you think a carrier will pressure a shipper or receiver to handle the load without delay? Do you think the carrier will start charging re-delivery, or waiting time a large amount of money to prevent these delays? Just wondering. von.

I don't seeing it changing at all, the shippers don't care it's not their problem. If you try to charge them more they just find another carrier that won't.
Their will be changes by a carrier with balls that will charge in their detention time in their contracts or back hauls. Who will blink first?

Be careful making judgements on the eld's. I am able to run more miles with elds that I did with paper. And done legally. It's how much u educate yourself about them. Why u all worried about what some ambitious driver is doin anyways?