Yellow | Electric trucks

Keepingon

TB Legend
Credits
Daimler new electric gets 220 miles on a charge
https://techcrunch.com/2017/10/25/daimlers-new-electric-heavy-duty-truck-has-220-miles-of-range/

ePbgd7z.jpg

Tesla will reveal its electric Semi Truck on November 16 Elon Musk says “it will blow your mind right out of your skull”

https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/06/tesla-electric-semi-truck-reveal-confirmed-for-november-16/

That's OK. The new (for YRCF) regional tractors - former Penske lease Volvos - have a trolley brake sticking out the dashboard. Wonder if the new guys who've never seen one will wonder what that is?
Is that the thing you tie down with a bungee cord while driving???

No that's the lever you pull down when you get out of the truck and do not want to get hurt pulling out those two knobs that are hard to pull and push back in........................................

No that's the lever you pull down when you get out of the truck and do not want to get hurt pulling out those two knobs that are hard to pull and push back in........................................

Ah yes, pulling and pushing knobs - my next favorite pastime after sleeping! :hide:

That's OK. The new (for YRCF) regional tractors - former Penske lease Volvos - have a trolley brake sticking out the dashboard. Wonder if the new guys who've never seen one will wonder what that is?
I liked it when the trolley brake was on the steering column, pulled all the way down when you would get in the tractor.

I liked it when the trolley brake was on the steering column, pulled all the way down when you would get in the tractor.

Used it to lock up the trailer brakes when turning a sharp corner on a slippery road. Of course you had to remember to let it off before the trailer swung around too far!

I saw him do an interview about this truck he said it will pull a diesel truck backwards uphill.
The complaint about electric trucks always used to be torque.
The other thing he said this will do is accelerate almost as fast as most cars.
This guy just got permission to dig a 10 mile tunnel underneath 295 he's going to build a magnetic transport between Baltimore and DC.
He's got one planed between New York and DC where the commute time will be 29 minutes!

I saw him do an interview about this truck he said it will pull a diesel truck backwards uphill.
The complaint about electric trucks always used to be torque.
The other thing he said this will do is accelerate almost as fast as most cars.
This guy just got permission to dig a 10 mile tunnel underneath 295 he's going to build a magnetic transport between Baltimore and DC.
He's got one planed between New York and DC where the commute time will be 29 minutes!
Don't go getting all excited about the Hyperloop. They aren't as simple as just magnets, it's supposed to be more like a magnetic vacuum tube, which is how it's supposed to be so fast.

What they haven't figured out yet is how to make it accommodate people, who are prone to doing things like breathing and vomiting from sudden accelerations and decelerations. It's a cool concept but it's horribly impractical.

I'm not old enough to remember when our parking brake was a lever sticking up beside the gear stick.