FedEx Freight | Electronic logbooks

roundabout

TB Lurker
Credits
I keep hearing the rumor were goin to some type of electronic log, has anybody heard this or do I need to up my dosage?:hide:

don't take this to the bank.....but early this year they were testing truck and trailer trackers (satelite)from sgf to lit and hro to lit and back using the same units both ways..and the tech that was riding with the hro driver was talking about the electronic books....but I think they hit a snag, and went back to fix it

fedup4141 on here has some GPS stuff in his KW, although he isn't doing electronic logs with it. I know the electronics are still in his truck though.

roog

I started to load out a trailer at sgf on night and saw a sticker that said LIT/Sgf only. I asked what was up, they told me it was for satelight tracking test. they said that way customers could get realtime tracking.

I will have electronic logs on my truck, after I learn the system I will let you all know about it, the way I understand it you have to input pre and post trip, stops, and all that I will know more at the end of next week.

Did you change jobs again?

Yea i hired on with PFG, I needed to make some more money and have better benefits, they are a really good company, its about like Fedex, some benefits are worse some are better and the pay is somewhere between city and shuttle pay, most of the drivers make around 21.00 to 25.00 per hour, its paid peice mile and stop post pre trip ect., its a better deal all the way around, I get to work out of Van Buren, and still do the work I like. Tell Wrongway and the crew I said hello tonight, I'll call Steve in a couple weeks to tell him everything. Hope the family is doing great! Mine is doing well.

I started to load out a trailer at sgf on night and saw a sticker that said LIT/Sgf only. I asked what was up, they told me it was for satelight tracking test. they said that way customers could get realtime tracking.
surprised the info would be available to customers. Old news was it would be perfect for knowing EXACTLY where the spotted trailer was in the yard, customers, stolen :hide:

Only problem was that old sys was only powered if the tractor plugged in.

After a week on the electronic logs I found them to be very easy, we just log in on duty do a pre-trip and get our routes all by computer, we even do our returns and cod's on the thing, very little paperwork, I really like it, if I can't find a place I am to deliver it even tells me what direction I am going in, where I am in relation to the place and the distance and direction I need to go, its really neat, did I mention less paperwork, its fairly easy to pick up on as well.:1036316054:

A system for tracking equipment in the yards and on the roads using sattelite technology and possibly including electronic logs is absolutely being tested by FXFW. It has been given the name Project EDEN. Most of the line drivers in the West feel the electronic logs are the serpent in EDEN. So far the project is 18 months or more behind expectations. We have heard that the electronic logs will be developed as part of the package but will not be used until required by Congress sometime in the latter half of this century.

Ours is called People Net Trailer Trash, they can keep track of you anyway, may as well have less paperwork...I really like ours, even though I am new to all this stuff, the truck they gave me has a broken keyboard, I can't log in but they force my routes to me so I can arrive and depart, I still have to do paper logs till they get me a new keyboard, I miss it already, its a pretty neat system.

grocery thrower, if you drive in states that have a 55 mph speed limit it will really cut into your paycheck and time at home. There will no longer be any way to make that small change that gets you home, you will also have to show every piddle stop and that will cause your average speed to increase. That means you WILL drive 55 or you will get caught.

grocery thrower, if you drive in states that have a 55 mph speed limit it will really cut into your paycheck and time at home. There will no longer be any way to make that small change that gets you home, you will also have to show every piddle stop and that will cause your average speed to increase. That means you WILL drive 55 or you will get caught.

Yea, that would make a difference, I see your point, I have a 62 mph truck but around here the speed limit is 65 for trucks at least on the interstate in AR, is all of Cali 55 for trucks? I have never driven a truck in California, I have been out there in a car and I would get passed like i was sitting still going 70, you guys out there have your work cut out for you, I remember coming out of Anaheim and every lane being to a crawl what seemed like all the way to San Diego.

I run North from Sacramento into Oregon, also a 55 mph state for trucks. Most CHP and OSP will not bother you for 62 mph or less. Once in a while one of them will cruise up along side and get your attention to slow down if you are pushing it a little. They all know it is safer you have us close if not at the same speed as the cars and busses.

Don't fight it my friend. They're coming and they're coming fierce. I just had a meeting on them last week at my company and they were going over the breakdown of how all of this is going to play out. And let me tell they built this plan for the long haul. The ELD's are literally just the beginning phase. One of three. The idea is partially that over time meeting each compliance level wouldnt be difficult.