FedEx Freight | Elogs, the good, the bad and the ugly

Stop at the gate before you leave and manually switch from On Duty to Driving (or vice-versa when arriving at a terminal), that way your drive time won't be eaten up as you move around the yard. Otherwise a few drop/hooks at big terminals could cost you an hour of drive time over the course of a night.
Dont you guys have a in yard box to check when your in yard? We do over here at XPO

Dont you guys have a in yard box to check when your in yard? We do over here at XPO
The Qualcomm doesn't have that at Dayton. It will automatically switch after a certain amount of time not moving or when shut off, but drivers with long bids or open drivers who may get run hard any given night need to manually switch it over in order to not screw up our drive time as we drive around the building to a dock door or whatever.

Say you don't park and shut the truck off until 10 minutes after entering the gate. All the time driving to the dock door, unhooking, and driving to park the truck would go against drive time if it isn't manually switched to On Duty. Is your In-Yard box a way to force it to stay on duty when you're rolling? Ours stays On Duty as long as we stay under 15 mph in the yard.

The Qualcomm doesn't have that at Dayton. It will automatically switch after a certain amount of time not moving or when shut off, but drivers with long bids or open drivers who may get run hard any given night need to manually switch it over in order to not screw up our drive time as we drive around the building to a dock door or whatever.

Say you don't park and shut the truck off until 10 minutes after entering the gate. All the time driving to the dock door, unhooking, and driving to park the truck would go against drive time if it isn't manually switched to On Duty. Is your In-Yard box a way to force it to stay on duty when you're rolling? Ours stays On Duty as long as we stay under 15 mph in the yard.
I'm not sure about the 15 mph, but yea it takes you off driving but on duty when your hooking fueling whatever and thats only for private property not a truckstop, rest area or any place else, also any time the truck shuts off you have to recheck that in yard box

That would be nice, I've had it kick me to driving once when I was searching for a trailer on the yard... guess I just have driven 2 miles on the yard, but no matter, I lost 20 minutes of drive time in that little deal...