Holland | Emergency question

this is from 2 posts I made at YRC Forum...the more I hear about the dude ...the madder I get!....KK

The LOA is a condition for YRCW to operate with a 15% reduction in wages and pension deferments....if they refuse him, I would sue their asses to retreve my 15% wages and all of my pension deferments PERIOD!...Nuff' said....KK

As I said....The LOA is for ALL Teamsters employees under the YRCW umbrella....if this were to change...then it would have to be for ALL....your TM at Holland is full of ::shit:: and that is what your Local should tell him!...I just signed 3 LOAs this week in Atlanta...you do know your Local rep. has to sign them too.....don't you?

Take your BA and/ or Local President to the terminal and request an LOA and get him to sign it and give it to the TM....I know you already did...but do another one with him there....good eveidence at a hearing!......KK

The MOU was part of the deal on the vote....nuff' said!

[quote author=wolf link=topic=78433.msg814807#msg814807 date=1269142260]
We voted on the MOU and now you fear Holland will up and change it without another vote?
This is happening with other issues also. Like the 25% rule that they have already changed. They use these things to bait us into a "yes" vote, then they change them whenever they feel like it. I can not believe that the Union isn't stopping this crap.
I understand everyone either doesn't want to make a stand or for someone to do it for them but some times you just gotta do it.
That is one of the biggest problems that we have nowadays. Everyone wants other people to stick their neck out, while they hide in the shadows. Everyone needs to grow a set.
Hell let Holland make a deal, if they don't want to honor the LOA then go back to full rate and pay the pension. Problem solved.
10/4 on that. The Union needs to throw that back in their face. Either live up to our agreement, or give back our concessions.

Well, I know that if this were my fight, I'd have had the local prez down there at Holland that very day. I know where he lives (& the bar he owns & patronizes a lot). I'd have been knocking on his door if I had to. No way would I let this go. But, it's not my fight; I can only put my two cents in. Once I know what the outcome of all this is, I'll post it on here.

Re: Ready for change

Well to set things straight , Danny B is aware and the hall is taking care of this situtiation. I think you will find that all of the others that wanted a LOA are in the process of getting one. The paper work will be straightened up on the other if that is what the member wants. The company can ask for the moon but it aint't gonna cancel the LOA's until the payments resume to the pension plan.
Was told that all laid off city/dock men have been sent letters offering to end lay-off as have quite a few linehaul men. Three or more drivers have filed for a LOA and I haven't seen any denied as of yet.
If there are any changes , I will be glad to come back and let ya know whats going on.Most of you guys on here probably don't know me but I always stand behind my post and if I'm wrong I will be the first to admit it.

Danny B. & the BA have now responded to the driver. Advised him to do nothing & sign nothing, which is now what he's doing; he's not going to resign. There is now a second driver with this same issue. They are working on filing a grievance on the behalf of both drivers. This info is from the driver himself.

Very strange. I am the INDY Holland linehaul steward and I have not filed anything for any of my men on a LOA as of yet nor had any of them request me to do so.

[quote author=usf-indy link=topic=78433.msg815844#msg815844 date=1269393581]
Very strange. I am the INDY Holland linehaul steward and I have not filed anything for any of my men on a LOA as of yet nor had any of them request me to do so.
[/quote]
The original guy in question is a city driver. I don't know if the city steward has filed anything or not but couldn't the BA file himself? ( I really don't know and am just asking)

Went in to talk to Keny last night about this but he left early. Was told this was all being held up by Bill L. Have a road hearing set up for Monday AM , so may find out more info then.
A BA can file for the man but the hall has a policy of the member filing thru the steward and up the proper chain.

Thanks. Hope this gets worked out. I heard it was R. S. who was holding it up. In wich case there will probably be other barns with this problem if they call folks back. This has a lot of guys really pissed.

[/quote]

I, myself, am one of the road drivers that has applied for the LOA. Haven't heard back yet, but will keep you posted.
As far as the person that signed as a witness, it was the young lady at the reception desk on the left, when you walk in the front door. Can't make her name out.

[quote author=CDLguy link=topic=78433.msg815799#msg815799 date=1269381279]
Danny B. & the BA have now responded to the driver. Advised him to do nothing & sign nothing, which is now what he's doing; he's not going to resign. There is now a second driver with this same issue. They are working on filing a grievance on the behalf of both drivers. This info is from the driver himself.
[/quote][quote author=Forty-Five link=topic=78433.msg816674#msg816674 date=1269622216]
[/quote]

I, myself, am one of the road drivers that has applied for the LOA. Haven't heard back yet, but will keep you posted.
As far as the person that signed as a witness, it was the young lady at the reception desk on the left, when you walk in the front door. Can't make her name out.
[/quote]
I was refering to the post that some of the drivers had filed geivances on the LOA denial , Which they haven't as of yet.I know that numerous road men have filied for the LOA and as of yet have not been denied.One has received a confirmation from Holland. The probem is actually comming from YRCW and only being passed on by the TM.
A reply is now hanging on the breakroom board from the local 135 president declaring that no one is to be denied a LOA or removed from the senority list.

"Forty-Five" said:
She is a union member. I would think she would be fine as a witness.

So, here are the 2 letters from one of the drivers that was denied a LOA.
2qwpt21.jpg

k1w2g8.jpg

[quote author=usf-indy link=topic=78433.msg816999#msg816999 date=1269723094]
I think you will find this member is a city/dock man , not a driver.
[/quote]

Aren't your city drivers called drivers?

[quote author=usf-indy link=topic=78433.msg816999#msg816999 date=1269723094]
I think you will find this member is a city/dock man , not a driver.
[/quote]

More specifically....he is a laid off city/combination man. Which means he does both, & drives, when he's not laid off.

[/quote]

No. They are called combination men or P&D. The same as they were called when I was at yellow for 17yrs.Ads for hiring linehaul say driver and city/dock will say local P&D or dock. When you posted driver I got calls from six or seven other barns to see what was going on with our drivers. As of today none of the drivers that have filed LOA's have been denied. Some are still pending and as posted the local is on top of the situation. Some have posted that this is due to Holland wanting something special but in reality is coming from YRC corporate.

[quote author=usf-indy link=topic=78433.msg817032#msg817032 date=1269731461]

[/quote]

No. They are called combination men or P&D. The same as they were called when I was at yellow for 17yrs.Ads for hiring linehaul say driver and city/dock will say local P&D or dock. When you posted driver I got calls from six or seven other barns to see what was going on with our drivers. As of today none of the drivers that have filed LOA's have been denied. Some are still pending and as posted the local is on top of the situation. Some have posted that this is due to Holland wanting something special but in reality is coming from YRC corporate.

[/quote]
Semantics. He is a city man who happened to hold a dock bid before he got laid off. The other guy was a ten percenter mostly. What difference does it make what they are called they have a right to take a LOA and Mr. Barton is going to stand behind them for that right. Great to see.
Those six or seven callers should care no matter what board the guys are on because they will try it on both boards if they can get away with it.

USF-INDY, Thanks for the update. Here at the DS terminal myself or the road steward, who i know called you, can sign the LOA as well as our BA and once it's signed by the driver and time stamped it's automatically in force and active.

Seems as though there are lots of opinions on here as to how it works and it seems to be handled differently at other barns. BIG surprise at Holland, but good work, and we at Holland know who the INDY stewards are. Alot of seudo stewards on here. By the way Rodney and I take care of road and city issues together as it works well for us and we are a single board, BOOMER