Holland | Emergency question

they caught me over guard with the call back...I need to put a LOA in ...making more money now and better hours. Problem is doubt they will accept it. reason...company I work for we do work strictly full loads to target and Staples...no LTL....but from what I am reading Holland has been denying LOA. Hate to quit Holland with at least seeing if they get back in the pension fund....If they don`t no big deal.......Guess i better check with the stew and the hall....any advice I am all ears. :shift:

It is the locals opinion that a truckload carrier is not in direct competition with a LTL carrier.For your information , you are not the only driver in that situation.

The saga continues. Yet another city person was denied loa Monday to go to ABF. Supposedly this is coming from corporate(yrcw) and they are saying they (management) are being told there is some sort of clause in the agreement about calling everyone back. Letters from the local on the first two guys are posted in the breakroom state that the company will not be allowed to remove these men from the seniority list.

[quote author=usf-indy link=topic=78433.msg817238#msg817238 date=1269796498]
It is the locals opinion that a truckload carrier is not in direct competition with a LTL carrier.For your information , you are not the only driver in that situation.
[/quote]

Is this for all YRC?? Also, is this from 135, or IBT?? I know, alot of questions, but I am in the same position. Don't look to be called back soon, if ever, but I want to know IF hell does freeze over, my options.

Thanks.

[quote author=usf-indy link=topic=78433.msg818708#msg818708 date=1270246020]
Good luck. All the drivers that I have talked to have been OK'ed so far.
[/quote]
Thanks.
Sounds more and more like indy is a test case or something. The latest guy who was denied is not taking a chance and is working at holland. He is waiting to hear from the BA. I didn't get a chance to talk to him today, I may try to call him tomorrow. What gets me, and most people I talk to the most ticked off is the way they just rewrite the agreement that we voted on. There is no "clause" in the mou pertaining to the loa on calling everyone back. The whole reason for putting the loa in there in the first place was because the PENSION wasn't getting paid, NOT because of layoffs.

[quote author=Boilerpeddle link=topic=78433.msg818878#msg818878 date=1270270854]
[quote author=usf-indy link=topic=78433.msg818708#msg818708 date=1270246020]
Good luck. All the drivers that I have talked to have been OK'ed so far.
[/quote]
Thanks.
Sounds more and more like indy is a test case or something. The latest guy who was denied is not taking a chance and is working at holland. He is waiting to hear from the BA. I didn't get a chance to talk to him today, I may try to call him tomorrow. What gets me, and most people I talk to the most ticked off is the way they just rewrite the agreement that we voted on. There is no "clause" in the mou pertaining to the loa on calling everyone back. The whole reason for putting the loa in there in the first place was because the PENSION wasn't getting paid, NOT because of layoffs.
[/quote]

If they're going to rewrite it, the IBT needs to include a time limit in which they can't lay you back off after they recall you. These guys have other jobs that can actually offer full time hours. We need to be protected from YRC's plan to use us as casuals for their convenience.

[quote author=CDLguy link=topic=78433.msg818887#msg818887 date=1270275353]
We need to be protected from YRC's plan to use us as casuals for their convenience.
[/quote] That's exactly what they have been doing. And they have been getting away with it because they know that guys need to eat. Every word in the agreement has been distorted, and interpreted in their favor so that they don't have to bring people back to work. They show zero loyalty to us employees, yet they expect us to jump through hoops for them.

Are the companies there working for,contributing to the penision fund,if there not that might be the problem,How could the international,let yrc deni the (loa) if there working for a company ,that is contributing on your behalf,I've been working on a pipeline threw the international,an they are contributing,health welfare,an pension,I'm laid off at usf,an haven't been called back yet,I have a letter ready for a (loa) if they call,If I'm working an getting contribtories,an yrc refuses my (loa) then they should have to make contributories if I come back.

[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=78433.msg819520#msg819520 date=1270466430]
We need to be protected from YRC's plan to use us as casuals for their convenience.
[/quote] That's exactly what they have been doing. And they have been getting away with it because they know that guys need to eat. Every word in the agreement has been distorted, and interpreted in their favor so that they don't have to bring people back to work. They show zero loyalty to us employees, yet they expect us to jump through hoops for them.
[/quote] Well, I just gotta clear this up, Holland used the laid-off guys as they needed them way before YRC bought us out. I know, I was one of them. Loads would get backed up, management would give the order to call everyone back, work you till it was caught up, then lay them right back off again. More than once I was called back to work, told they were sending a letter, went out Sunday nite, and on Friday of the same week, was told I was back on lay off when I get home. This kind of crap happend way before YRC bought us.

[quote author=Renegade_SL link=topic=78433.msg819974#msg819974 date=1270652097]
[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=78433.msg819520#msg819520 date=1270466430]
[/quote] Well, I just gotta clear this up, Holland used the laid-off guys as they needed them way before YRC bought us out. I know, I was one of them. Loads would get backed up, management would give the order to call everyone back, work you till it was caught up, then lay them right back off again. More than once I was called back to work, told they were sending a letter, went out Sunday nite, and on Friday of the same week, was told I was back on lay off when I get home. This kind of crap happend way before YRC bought us. [/quote] I don't question how it was at your operation. But up here we were growing, or at least remaining stable, before they bought us. Our ten percenters would occasionally miss a day, but not very often. Now they use the laid off guys to get caught up, then they never have to call anyone back permanently. Holland never did that here before YRC took over.

[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=78433.msg821604#msg821604 date=1271247436]
[/quote] Well, I just gotta clear this up, Holland used the laid-off guys as they needed them way before YRC bought us out. I know, I was one of them. Loads would get backed up, management would give the order to call everyone back, work you till it was caught up, then lay them right back off again. More than once I was called back to work, told they were sending a letter, went out Sunday nite, and on Friday of the same week, was told I was back on lay off when I get home. This kind of crap happend way before YRC bought us. [/quote] I don't question how it was at your operation. But up here we were growing, or at least remaining stable, before they bought us. Our ten percenters would occasionally miss a day, but not very often. Now they use the laid off guys to get caught up, then they never have to call anyone back permanently. Holland never did that here before YRC took over.
[/quote]
Thats because YRC sucks and Holland didn't :rant: :rant:

[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=78433.msg821604#msg821604 date=1271247436]
[/quote]

Yep...that's the way YRC operates around here too. And everyone keeps coming in to help them get caught up. They're never going to call back if they have all these 'casuals' sitting by the phone. :nono: :rant:

[quote author=CDLguy link=topic=78433.msg821678#msg821678 date=1271270565]
[/quote]

Yep...that's the way YRC operates around here too. And everyone keeps coming in to help them get caught up. They're never going to call back if they have all these 'casuals' sitting by the phone. :nono: :rant:
[/quote]Exactly. If your laid off and they call you to work.....tell them you want a letter of recall before you come back. then take 2 more weeks. They'll start calling people back!

But, in YRC's method of operating, they'll just recall you, get caught up, & lay you back off. I can't believe the union allows this. This union has gone downhill. :rant:

The thinking that if nobody will return without a letter, will force them to call people back off layoff, is good in theory, but it usually isn't the next person in seniority that is willing to come in and work as a casual. It's usually someone lower on the seniority list that needs to pay bills. I'm not going to debate a person coming in to work, trying to feed their family, but clearly, we are playing right in to their hands by allowing them the opportunity to not call anyone back permanently. And they are taking advantage of it.

"Northern Flash" said:
The thinking that if nobody will return without a letter, will force them to call people back off layoff, is good in theory, but it usually isn't the next person in seniority that is willing to come in and work as a casual. It's usually someone lower on the seniority list that needs to pay bills. I'm not going to debate a person coming in to work, trying to feed their family, but clearly, we are playing right in to their hands by allowing them the opportunity to not call anyone back permanently. And they are taking advantage of it.
Some folks here had discussed taking up a collection to pay the laid off guys a little money to help them turn down casual work. It would have only taken a couple of weeks to see results. But now all our city guys are called back so it never went anywhere.

[quote author=Boilerpeddle link=topic=78433.msg821843#msg821843 date=1271334245]
"Northern Flash" said:
Some folks here had discussed taking up a collection to pay the laid off guys a little money to help them turn down casual work. It would have only taken a couple of weeks to see results. But now all our city guys are called back so it never went anywhere.
[/quote]A collection wouldn't be such a bad idea, but we have a "hog" board that are grabbing every minute of overtime that they can (and creating it), so we wouldn't have very many donors. Our "hog" board is more than happy to keep guys on lay-off because that leaves more overtime for them. When their overtime does get cut a little, they start visiting the office more often, planting the seed into managements head that we have too many drivers. Then management gets them their overtime back to keep them in their normal position. :buttkisser:

Oh Yea...We have a so called Hog Board at RO for sure.....upside people are called back but...like they say..OT gets cut there is alot of whinning