Holland | Emergency question

We have a few who like a lot of overtime. But it is usually available for those that want it. The rest of us would be happy with 40 to 50 hours max.

An update:
There is now a letter posted in the breakroom from our BA to T.J. about the fact that TWO MORE guys are being denied LOA to work at ABF. The letter says that this is happening all over and that the BA wants to know how to proceed so as not to interfere with the process in other places.
I haven't heard of it in other places, Anyone heard any other reports?

With the first memo of understanding, we could only take a Leave of Absence if we were going to a company that paid into a Union pension for us. Then they amended that memo and said that it was acceptable to go to any company, with or without a pension plan. Now they are denying any leave of absence? What a bunch of B.S.

Now it looks like they will drag these LOA arguments out as long as they can, since the LOA agreement ends at the end of this year.

Note to the Union:
It's time to step up to the plate and grow a set. Make the company live up to the agreements. Back your members rights that were agreed upon.

[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=78433.msg822364#msg822364 date=1271515038]
With the first memo of understanding, we could only take a Leave of Absence if we were going to a company that paid into a Union pension for us. Then they amended that memo and said that it was acceptable to go to any company, with or without a pension plan. Now they are denying any leave of absence? What a bunch of B.S.

Now it looks like they will drag these LOA arguments out as long as they can, since the LOA agreement ends at the end of this year.

Note to the Union:
It's time to step up to the plate and grow a set. Make the company live up to the agreements. Back your members rights that were agreed upon.
[/quote]

Or just cancel the stupid MOA and give us our money and pension back :thumbsup:

no problems where I am at getting LOA....also they called 12 city back at RO....OT a plenty here even for the Jr guys...

[quote author=grumpy42 link=topic=78433.msg822365#msg822365 date=1271515497]
[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=78433.msg822364#msg822364 date=1271515038]

Note to the Union:
[/quote]

Or just cancel the stupid MOA and give us our money and pension back :thumbsup:
[/quote] I'm with ya on that! Either make them live up to the agreement or cancel the damn thing. As far as getting the pension back.......don't count on it........ever. It's my opinion, that in December, we will still be "broke", they will cry, they will get the pension freeze extended, and we will work until we die.

Well the way they have treated their laid off guys, what do the expect nobody wants to come help them now me included after 18 mo on layoff now they want help and they denied my LOA cant let nobody eles off too busy and yes I am working for another LTL company and they worked me all through they winter best christmas I had in 3 years because I was working and not laid off. I am done with Holland and YRC I am not making as much but it is steady. Good luck to all you guys I really hope it works for you, life is too short and I feel I have wasted 3 years of my life.

[quote author=7ft8279 link=topic=78433.msg822504#msg822504 date=1271556338]
Well the way they have treated their laid off guys, what do the expect nobody wants to come help them now me included after 18 mo on layoff now they want help and they denied my LOA cant let nobody eles off too busy and yes I am working for another LTL company and they worked me all through they winter best christmas I had in 3 years because I was working and not laid off. I am done with Holland and YRC I am not making as much but it is steady. Good luck to all you guys I really hope it works for you, life is too short and I feel I have wasted 3 years of my life.
[/quote]Good luck with your new job. I don't blame you for leaving. That has to be a very tough decision to have to make. Everyone has their own reasons, and each situation is different, but I don't blame anyone for making such a tough decision. On one hand you want and need to work steady, yet you hate to give up the years that you have invested into this place. Tough decision, but understandable. I hope it works out for you.

I have been laid off for 1.5 yrs. I have heard my recall is coming. I will wait the full 14 days, like I have always done. I like overtime as much as anybody. AS LONG AS EVERYONE IS WORKING! There use to be a time when being a Teamster meant something. When it meant being there for your fellow brothers. Now adays alot of people see as something different. I do not mean to upset or offend anyone. I know that there are alot of TRUE TEAMSTER BROTHERS AND SISTERS out there, and to them I want to say thank you. I have a few that call me on a weekly basis just to say hi, and tell me to hang in there. I do appreciate that. If anything was to come out of these troubled times, I hope it is for everyone working to step back and think did I do my part to help ALL of my BROTHERS & SISTERS, or did I just worry about myself. I dont have the time in that alot of you guys do. I have 5 years in. However we have all seen, heard, or know someone with 10-20 years senority get cut in the last 18 months. So please when you take the extra run, or work through your break, or anything along those lines, REMEMBER THAT NEXT TIME IT MIGHT BE YOU!!
Again I hope that I did not upset, or offend anyone. As that was not my intentions. I merely had somethings to say. Thank you all, and God Bless.

[quote author=Mustang link=topic=78433.msg822850#msg822850 date=1271651544]
I have been laid off for 1.5 yrs. I have heard my recall is coming. I will wait the full 14 days, like I have always done. I like overtime as much as anybody. AS LONG AS EVERYONE IS WORKING! There use to be a time when being a Teamster meant something. When it meant being there for your fellow brothers. Now adays alot of people see as something different. I do not mean to upset or offend anyone. I know that there are alot of TRUE TEAMSTER BROTHERS AND SISTERS out there, and to them I want to say thank you. I have a few that call me on a weekly basis just to say hi, and tell me to hang in there. I do appreciate that. If anything was to come out of these troubled times, I hope it is for everyone working to step back and think did I do my part to help ALL of my BROTHERS & SISTERS, or did I just worry about myself. I dont have the time in that alot of you guys do. I have 5 years in. However we have all seen, heard, or know someone with 10-20 years senority get cut in the last 18 months. So please when you take the extra run, or work through your break, or anything along those lines, REMEMBER THAT NEXT TIME IT MIGHT BE YOU!!
Again I hope that I did not upset, or offend anyone. As that was not my intentions. I merely had somethings to say. Thank you all, and God Bless.
[/quote]
GREAT POST BROTHER!!!! And good luck on your return :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good for you.
Maybe I'll get one this week.
I've been off 15 months myself(I didn't work for Holland/YRC) But still off looking

[quote author=Mike432 link=topic=78433.msg822926#msg822926 date=1271692672]
Good for you.
Maybe I'll get one this week.
I've been off 15 months myself(I didn't work for Holland/YRC) But still off looking
[/quote]

Good Luck. I hope you do!!

Just came home from the monthly local #135 meeting and had a discussion with Pres. Danny B and newly elected regional vise Pres. Brian B along with BA Jim W. They were told this week by Gordon S of the IBT that LOA's from Holland were to be honored and nobody was to be denied , period end .
If you are sill having a problem getting approved for a LOA , I suggest having your local contact Gordon S. For those that complain that their local officers can't ever be reached , try attending a monthly meeting at your local. Rember that a union is no stronger then its members . BE INVOLVED it's your union.