FedEx Freight | Emetoh vs Fedex Class Action

Why the hell do I want to waste time so dispatch can msg my customer? Dispatch can't even coordinate a bathroom break. Why do I want them trying to contact my cst while I'm on the road?
You see the difference is I want to go home as close as possible to my eight, and you guys want as much overtime as possible, drawing the day out for one reason or another. Hence the whining for the cell phone issue.

Exactly the reason you're supposed to stop and send message on hand held for them to contact customers. You won't last long if you don't follow all policies just so you can hurry back and go home early.
Well, that means no contact on Handheld either.

We pick our peaks to die on. I happen to believe that if I accomodate dispatch and their goals align with mine then I can get home on time.

If there are those of you that choose to whine and buck the system over using personal cell phones, well, that's on you. I really don't give a flying ****.

We pick our peaks to die on. I happen to believe that if I accomodate dispatch and their goals align with mine then I can get home on time.

If there are those of you that choose to whine and buck the system over using personal cell phones, well, that's on you. I really don't give a flying :censored:.
You are in the wrong line of work if going home at 8 hours is important to you. I suggest a career change.

You don't want a customer to call you back? Neither do I. Get a FREE Google Voice number. You can call your customers using this number from your cell and if they become idiots and start demanding stuff from you - BLOCK THEM.

No $20 Million to lawyers to do this either.

God, I hate lawyers.

So, not only do I need to use my own personal phone, for company business. I also need to download an app to make less of a potential nuisance? Meanwhile the Company chooses NOT to activate the phone feature on the brick.

Luckily company policy is clear, NONE of this is necessary.

If there are those of you that choose to whine and buck the system over using personal cell phones, well, that's on you. I really don't give a flying :censored:.
So you’re commenting on something you dont care about. Smart.

As to the why I keep an attorney on retainer, our ops mgr has had several lawsuits filed against them recently. Their business practices leave alot to be desired so I’ve armed myself as a pre-emptive measure. There’s alot of labor law violations, favoritism and nepotism going on in our barn and I wont be another of their silent victims. When I get terminated you can bet your ass you’ll be receiving another class action notice because of me.

The above statement will make you a good witness for the plaintiff. You are making the case that personal cell phone use IS EXPECTED (by dispatch). Also some, including you, feel compelled to comply with dispatch wishes, in order to receive favorable treatment.

Bucking the system? REALLY? What next, overlook the trailer that's too heavy? Tolerate the placards that are not quite right?

DO what you want, just don't expect the rest of us to do it too.

No one is whining it's our policy. We had a guy like you always in a hurry to get home dispatch sent him on a pick up on Friday evening on ot he whined and cried about it , and was in such a big hurry he rolled a set on the way back from said pick up. Good luck on sucking up to dispatch to get what you want. To each their own but I'm here to work not suck up to dispatch so I can go home early. You screw up and wait and see how long it takes for dispatch to throw you under the bus. You got a lot to learn driver.

No one is whining it's our policy. We had a guy like you always in a hurry to get home dispatch sent him on a pick up on Friday evening on ot he whined and cried about it , and was in such a big hurry he rolled a set on the way back from said pick up. Good luck on sucking up to dispatch to get what you want. To each their own but I'm here to work not suck up to dispatch so I can go home early. You screw up and wait and see how long it takes for dispatch to throw you under the bus. You got a lot to learn driver.
What he said

Sounds like a Red shirt to me.
Nope. Not a redshirt. Just not a whiner.

I expect to get paid for the hours I work and I don't milk the system.

Again, this was all about whether or not to reimburse for cellphone use. For those of you that support the suit and will submit multiple forms to get reimbursed for your unlimited cellphone use and "get back at Fedex", have at it.

Nope. Not a redshirt. Just not a whiner.

I expect to get paid for the hours I work and I don't milk the system.

Again, this was all about whether or not to reimburse for cellphone use. For those of you that support the suit and will submit multiple forms to get reimbursed for your unlimited cellphone use and "get back at Fedex", have at it.

The funny part is all of you are now united with Crazy Trucker against me. LOL!

Ever heard of "principles"? Have some.

So, not only do I need to use my own personal phone, for company business. I also need to download an app to make less of a potential nuisance? Meanwhile the Company chooses NOT to activate the phone feature on the brick.

Luckily company policy is clear, NONE of this is necessary.

Yup. Company policy is clear: Make your job as difficult as you want it so you can adhere to company rules. .

You are in the wrong line of work if going home at 8 hours is important to you. I suggest a career change.
I work as long as it takes to get the job done. If that's 8, 10 or 12 hours, it doesn't matter. However, if my cellphone use becomes the issue of whether I'm done it 8 or 12, well, guess what happens?

The funny part is all of you are now united with Crazy Trucker against me. LOL!

Ever heard of "principles"? Have some.

Nobody is United against anyone here. You are coming off like a noob and quite frankly not the sharpest tool in shed. There are several people in this very thread I don't see eye to eye with, but they agree with me on this subject.

Nobody is United against anyone here. You are coming off like a noob and quite frankly not the sharpest tool in shed. There are several people in this very thread I don't see eye to eye with, but they agree with me on this subject.
You don't see eye-to-eye with anyone.

Like I said, this cellphone use reimbursement is BS. Even if the lawsuit is successful it's pennies on the dollar for those of us that use cellphones for work. I can't believe nobody sees this other than the ones who hate FedEx. The LAWYERS are the big winners in this lawsuit.

How about working to let us use cellphones/earbuds during work? Something useful other than the BS "us against the company" BS that is so often regurgitated here.