FedEx Freight | Emetoh vs Fedex Class Action

I ran the city before the days of cell phones and we got by just fine using a customer’s phone to call another customer...you should try it sometime, you’d be surprised at just how well it works!!

If no one returns your message on the handheld then bring it back, there’s a record of your message being sent so your butt is covered...pretty simple...will they be fine with it, probably not, but they’ll do their job next time!!

So let's just set up a hypothetical say you're at a customer who had to pay to be notified and you ask to use their phone to call and they say not for free and no answer on handheld. Hell if we just brought freight back like that there would be massive amounts of bring backs.

I like to call the grocery warehouse before I leave the yard to see if they can get me a door number and as soon as I get there, I back right in and get to sortin' and segregatin'........:36:
Do they give you 2 doors? One for the trailer,and the other for your hat?

I just think it’s another stupid lawsuit that should not only be thrown out of court, but the plantiff should have to pay FedEx’s legal fees for bringing forth such a frivolous suit...but then again, it’s being argued in Commufornia so the plantiff will probably prevail.

You sound new and uninformed so why does fed ex charge the the customers for the phone call we make. There is a fee for notifications, yes that's right they charge the customers an extra fee for us to call them.
Do you charge them? Do you mark it on the DR? I'll have to check the tariff but I think some aspect of that has changed too.

So let's just set up a hypothetical say you're at a customer who had to pay to be notified and you ask to use their phone to call and they say not for free and no answer on handheld. Hell if we just brought freight back like that there would be massive amounts of bring backs.
Let's setup a hypothetical and say you're at a customer site who is using a forklift to pull his freight off your tail. He's paid for your liftgate service and since it's a construction site he's also paying 'limited access'.

You'd like him to take a few extra mins and help you arrange your freight for your next few deliveries.

What do you do?

Let's setup another hypothetical: You are in a non-liftgate pup delivering to a residence. Your delivery is two skids of about 60 pieces of flooring. The customer has no means to get it off the pup. She's paid for Residential delivery. Realistically the only way to do it is to break it down and hand it off to her.

Do you charge for a liftgate delivery in this case?

I just think it’s another stupid lawsuit that should not only be thrown out of court, but the plantiff should have to pay FedEx’s legal fees for bringing forth such a frivolous suit...but then again, it’s being argued in Commufornia so the plantiff will probably prevail....

It's being reported that the lawsuit includes the issue of overtime for road drivers. California law doesn't allow drivers to be paid mileage or task pay. It also requires hourly folks to be paid time and a half after 8 hours, and double time after 12. If the plaintiff prevails and the judge orders dollar for dollar restitution, most CA road drivers will get somewhere in the neighborhood of $125,000 each in back overtime and double time. Times that by the 1000 or so road drivers in CA. Likely to be a very expensive case for the company to settle.
Now you might be willing to turn your back on your share of that settlement, I won't, and I know RC and company will be gazillionaires time the case settles....

Wonder if BD get's a share just for his hat?

ST

Let's setup a hypothetical and say you're at a customer site who is using a forklift to pull his freight off your tail. He's paid for your liftgate service and since it's a construction site he's also paying 'limited access'.

You'd like him to take a few extra mins and help you arrange your freight for your next few deliveries.

What do you do?

Good luck with that. Lol

Let's setup another hypothetical: You are in a non-liftgate pup delivering to a residence. Your delivery is two skids of about 60 pieces of flooring. The customer has no means to get it off the pup. She's paid for Residential delivery. Realistically the only way to do it is to break it down and hand it off to her.

Do you charge for a liftgate delivery in this case?

You can't charge for a liftgate if you don't have the liftgate.

It's being reported that the lawsuit includes the issue of overtime for road drivers. California law doesn't allow drivers to be paid mileage or task pay. It also requires hourly folks to be paid time and a half after 8 hours, and double time after 12. If the plaintiff prevails and the judge orders dollar for dollar restitution, most CA road drivers will get somewhere in the neighborhood of $125,000 each in back overtime and double time. Times that by the 1000 or so road drivers in CA. Likely to be a very expensive case for the company to settle.
Now you might be willing to turn your back on your share of that settlement, I won't, and I know RC and company will be gazillionaires time the case settles....

ST
We at RC & Co., LLC were wondering when the overtime issue would come to light.
We think also, that the company could pay mileage as long as all other time when the wheels aren’t turning is paid hourly.
What California has issue with is unpaid productive time.

ST
Good luck!! :1036316054:

You can't charge for a liftgate if you don't have the liftgate.
See, you accuse me of being a "noob" and not knowing what I'm talking about and you don't even know what charges to levy. Do you do City or Road?

If you have to break down a pallet and hand off the tail in order to deliver to a customer, that customer also gets charged for 'liftgate delivery'. Doesn't matter if you have a liftgate or not.

I've had construction sites do me a solid and move stuff around if they have a few extra minutes. They are usually the ones that demand it early, and they know that, so once there they are fairly accommodating.

My question was: You're supposed to charge them both liftgate and limited access. However, they really didn't use the liftgate AND they helped out.

What would YOU do?

See, you accuse me of being a "noob" and not knowing what I'm talking about and you don't even know what charges to levy. Do you do City or Road?

If you have to break down a pallet and hand off the tail in order to deliver to a customer, that customer also gets charged for 'liftgate delivery'. Doesn't matter if you have a liftgate or not.

I've had construction sites do me a solid and move stuff around if they have a few extra minutes. They are usually the ones that demand it early, and they know that, so once there they are fairly accommodating.

My question was: You're supposed to charge them both liftgate and limited access. However, they really didn't use the liftgate AND they helped out.

What would YOU do?

I accuse you of being a noob because you sure sound like it. It doesn't matter it you broke down skid and handed it off the back you didn't have liftgate there for you can't charge for it. If you did or it's prepaid (like most are) the customer could probably dispute the charge and not have to pay for it. I don't know what any of this has to do with calling customers with you're personal cell phone and not getting reimbursed for it????