Holland | Employee compensation recap

skullcramp

Government Seal
Credits
Has anyone else gotten their 2016 employee compensation recap? At my terminal, you have to go to the TM's office to pick it up. He said this was the result of a grievance that was filed at another terminal. It lists your total compensation, but includes Quote
"The health and welfare and pension calculation is not an employee specific amount. It is a calculated amount assuming the maximum number of contributions for 2016"
Maybe it's just my suspicious nature, but it seems that this will get some of our more naive brothers to think
that they're making more than they really are. I understand it includes the cost of fringe benefits (that we EARN)
but if it's an attempt by the company to get people to think they've made roughly $20,000 more in compensation, it's pretty ham handed in my opinion. But maybe they're getting an early start on the 2019 lube job.
If I'm reading this wrong feel free to flame me.

Has anyone else gotten their 2016 employee compensation recap? At my terminal, you have to go to the TM's office to pick it up. He said this was the result of a grievance that was filed at another terminal. It lists your total compensation, but includes Quote
"The health and welfare and pension calculation is not an employee specific amount. It is a calculated amount assuming the maximum number of contributions for 2016"
Maybe it's just my suspicious nature, but it seems that this will get some of our more naive brothers to think
that they're making more than they really are. I understand it includes the cost of fringe benefits (that we EARN)
but if it's an attempt by the company to get people to think they've made roughly $20,000 more in compensation, it's pretty ham handed in my opinion. But maybe they're getting an early start on the 2019 lube job.
it is part of our compensation just like any other company, fedex, ups,xpo etcetc... i dont think they are paying way above what other ltl;s pay in benefits such as insurance and especially not in pension although even at (25%). current rate they probably contribute more than what a non union company contributes to a 401k on avg by far even though its essentially USELESS to any employees hired in the last 10 yrs and there will never be a benefit to anyone but hoffa and current retirees and/or people near retirement with required time.

it is part of our compensation just like any other company, fedex, ups,xpo etcetc... i dont think they are paying way above what other ltl;s pay in benefits such as insurance and especially not in pension although even at (25%). current rate they probably contribute more than what a non union company contributes to a 401k on avg by far even though its essentially USELESS to any employees hired in the last 10 yrs and there will never be a benefit to anyone but hoffa and current retirees and/or people near retirement with required time.

The cspf and other doomed pension locals SHOULD be grumbling to the international about the pension issue, that 25% into a 401k is already a reality on the west coast, no reason it can't happen elsewhere! It would make the job more attractive, and I doubt the company would object.

The cspf and other doomed pension locals SHOULD be grumbling to the international about the pension issue, that 25% into a 401k is already a reality on the west coast, no reason it can't happen elsewhere! It would make the job more attractive, and I doubt the company would object.
Agree 100% the 25% should be going into the 401-K like the West Coast does !

Jiffy Lube

Ok , and what ever happened to to them showing the -15% on our checks ?
i believe it was only for a year..they gave stocks as compensation or something? theyve also said publicly that the giveback is PERMANENT, which is reflected in not showing it in pay.

i believe it was only for a year..they gave stocks as compensation or something? theyve also said publicly that the giveback is PERMANENT, which is reflected in not showing it in pay.
No I was because of a grievance that was filed out of Chicago and made it all the way to the panel to be heard in San Antonio who forced the company to show details. The TNIC forced the contract on company.

The company wouldn't object, but I bet the retiree's and CSPF would. And the bonus is another example of divide and conquer.

The company wouldn't object, but I bet the retiree's and CSPF would. And the bonus is another example of divide and conquer.

Are those retirees paying your bills, or are you? If there's a picket line in your town, do they show up, or not give a ::shit::, cuz they got theirs?

Are those retirees paying your bills, or are you? If there's a picket line in your town, do they show up, or not give a :::shit:::, cuz they got theirs?
Did you show up for the picket lines those retirees stood on to get you your pay and benefits through the NMFA now? Oh, I forgot. You voted to voluntarily give up pay and benefits that those "uncaring retirees" got by standing up to the threats of company shutdowns. You caved in to those threats (at least a big enough majority of you did). When two companies tried to use that threat on me and my Teamster brothers (back when there actually WAS a Teamster brotherhood that had the balls to stand together), we told them to close if they couldn't run a company - we were looking for a job when we came there and we can do it again. They did not close. They did not make any cuts. Once you show you have no spine, they have you by the "short hairs". They know they can come back again and again and demand more, not ask. Just cook the books and lie.
I stood on my fathers Teamster picket line after my father died when I was 12, because I knew he would have been there if cancer had not taken him a few months earlier. I was honored to be there in his place. That was in 1959. Where were you then? How many picket lines have YOU stood on, in all kinds of weather. Those strikes in those years are the one's that got results because the members stuck together. Noe today you can't even get them to VOTE, let alone stick together on anything. Have you ever done more than just talk, hold a sign and eat free donuts on the line? (If you have ever in fact stood on a picket line?) The Teamster Freight Division is on life-support and thanks to Hoffa's ****-poor leadership it won't survive much longer. But in the meantime Hoffa will squeeze ever bit of full union dues out of every one of you. That is all he and his cronies care about. That is why he keeps encouraging you to take another MOU cut in pay, but he won't cut HIS pay by even one dime.

Are those retirees paying your bills, or are you? If there's a picket line in your town, do they show up, or not give a :::shit:::, cuz they got theirs?
Better yet - Do any of the presently employed of any other union company show support at a picket line by stopping (or even honking when going by at 60 MPH?) If there is a strike like we had in the early 90's when only "selected" teamster companies were chosen by the IBT to strike, while all the rest worked, did any of THOSE active Teamsters ever show up to do picket duty? NO? During the 1994 strike called by the IBT we were one of the 22 companies to shut down. Did any of our Teamster "brothers" that were NOT forced to shut down by the IBT come by? I stood on that picket line 10 hours every day for 23 days and counted only one (1) driver that stopped by to help from one of the "still working" companies. The rest were too busy picking up the slack by stealing our customers, working lots of overtime in city p & d and dock time and even doing extra road runs to move the freight we were trying to slow down for negotiating leverage. No "brotherhood" there. It was more like "kick 'em when they're down". "There's more money for us" It was more like a feeding frenzy for them to make as much money as possible at our expense. I made some enemies of those people during that strike. I don't forget.

Well one things for sure, if my barn is any indication, the days of striking are over. Take it one step further, imagine if you could get
EVERY truck to stop for 3 days? hell even one day. Think people would pay attention? Nowadays it's every man for himself.

Well one things for sure, if my barn is any indication, the days of striking are over. Take it one step further, imagine if you could get
EVERY truck to stop for 3 days? hell even one day. Think people would pay attention? Nowadays it's every man for himself.
You are right. Sadly it's just dog eat dog now. No more brotherhood. No more looking out for the other guy, even if that "other guy" is a junior man or somebody on lay-off.. Greed has taken over. It seems the other 21 Teamster Divisions are doing OK, but the Freight Division and the NMFA are about done for, and Hoffa is doing what he can to make sure it happens. The only thing he will miss is the dues that the Freight Division members pay in every month. Hoffa's job, salary and retirement package is all guarenteed The same story is the CSPF and Thomas Nyhan. The big bosses get the gold mine - we get the shaft.

Did YOU or any of YOUR relatives show up at the picket lines of the past that got you the big increases in pay and benefits NOW in the NMFA that YOU chose to undercut by voting in givebacks. Quit whining about the retirees that had the spine to vote NO when THEY were threatened by the company con-men. You had your chance to stand up to them. YOU chose not to and caved in.

Did YOU or any of YOUR relatives show up at the picket lines of the past that got you the big increases in pay and benefits NOW in the NMFA that YOU chose to undercut by voting in givebacks. Quit whining about the retirees that had the spine to vote NO when THEY were threatened by the company con-men. You had your chance to stand up to them. YOU chose not to and caved in.

If the retirees showed, up, it would help. I don't work at yrch anymore, as it's not worth my time. Everything you have posted is true, most of all "every man for himself". I always made it a point to go to others picket lines, but I guess you have been out of the loop a while, as I had showed up at one where there was NO employees on the line, just a couple business agents.

You can get pissy all you want about what I posted, but it's true. Plenty of guys get out and never keep up on what's happening, then are now freaking out cuz they don't realize what's been happening. How many companies at your local have pulled out of pension funds in the last 20 years? Half? More? How many shops have decertified because the contract sucks, or its a 2 tier contract, etc?

If the retirees showed, up, it would help. I don't work at yrch anymore, as it's not worth my time. Everything you have posted is true, most of all "every man for himself". I always made it a point to go to others picket lines, but I guess you have been out of the loop a while, as I had showed up at one where there was NO employees on the line, just a couple business agents.

You can get pissy all you want about what I posted, but it's true. Plenty of guys get out and never keep up on what's happening, then are now freaking out cuz they don't realize what's been happening. How many companies at your local have pulled out of pension funds in the last 20 years? Half? More? How many shops have decertified because the contract sucks, or its a 2 tier contract, etc?
You are right on a lot of what you say and It's disgusting for me to see it happening. Too many members just don't care anymore. They seem to think that someone else will handle things for them - they think they just don't have the time. Just the proven fact that only 16.5% of the membership that could have and should have voted this last election even bothered to send in a ballot to remove the slug known as James Hoffa. The whole "effort" on their part would have taken 10 minutes, a walk to the mail box and zero postage. I get pissed at people that don't even TRY to help themselves and that pretty much describes what the Teamster Freight Division has become. Apathy that has happened in all aspects of the union has led to the current situation. The cause of that apathy can be laid directly at the feet of James Hoffa and his lack of leadership and the continued corruption of not only the IBT, but at many Locals, too, (including mine). Many union bosses are stealing the membership blind, but nobody goes to jail.Hoffa doesn't push it because too many of these crooks know too much dirt on Hoffa himself. The politicians don't want to do anything that might keep the votes or money from pouring in from the union. At best, the crooks simply retire with their fat pensions. I could name quite a few of these people now, but the list would be too long. It's just one reason why so many members have no faith in the Teamsters any more. The pay and benefits for the members keeps going down, but the union bosses and pension fund officials (at every level) keep stuffing their pockets.
I'm sure you are right about nobody showing up on picket lines.The people that refused to show up should be "called out" at the union meetings. More lack of leadership. Actually I'm surprised that even a couple BA's showed up ! In 23 days in our last strike, our's never showed up - in fact one of our stewards was working at a non struck company AND a non-union company during the strike. He was not reprimanded. Instead,he was re-elected again and again as steward. Not enough cared. The local bosses didn't care either because he was an all around butt kisser.
I don't blame you for leaving YRC. It was the smart thing to do while there are still other good jobs out there to get. When YRCW does eventually shut down, there's going to be thousands of freight people all competing for whatever freight jobs are left. It won't be pretty.
I now live in a very rural area since I retired. I chose to get out of the "rat race" of the big city. The only union jobs out here are police, jailers and county workers - no picket lines. The nearest Teamster jobs or local is over 120 miles away. No attempts by any union to organize anybody. People around here don't care either, but yet they complain about the low wages. At least the Teamster contracts used to set a pay standard for non-union companies to compete with. Now with the unions caving in, those non-union companies are hiring just about anybody and paying them less and less