Yellow | Employee Eligibility To Vote

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
OK....lets go over this.....This is my opinon....KK

1. Employee Eligibility. During the period in which the Plan is effective (as set forth in Section 4 below), each IBT bargaining unit, full time employee of the Employer shall participate in the Plan. For purposes of the Plan, unless expressly stated to the contrary, the term “employee” means an IBT bargaining unit employee who is on the seniority list and is scheduled to perform work for the Employer when called, including a probationary employee, a regular employee on lay off status and casuals, and including employees who work on a percentage basis less than 40 hours per week.

#1. Now, for those of you that have been laid off less than 6 months, have you kept your dues up each month during that period? If you have not paid your dues after 3 months of lay off, your card is suspended. That is why you go to your Local and get a withdrawal card when you are laid off or out sick for a long period.

#2.If you have been laid off more than 6 months, your membership has been suspended. You must regain employment in a Union craft in your Local's jurisdiction within 6 months to maintain your membership in that Local.

#3. ONLY...members can attend a meeting at the Union Hall and ONLY members have the right to vote at the Union Hall.

#4. If we allowed this to happen any other way, that would give those who are not members and working in a right to work state the right to vote on YOUR future. This **** does not want to be a member, does not want to pay dues, but wants to suck the milk of the Union cow, but does not want to help feed it?....to hell with them I say!....uh sorry....but I can't stand a **** and/or a free loader!......KK

About dues...each local may be different....my local will allow you to have your dues waivered IF you call each month and request it before the EB's regular monthly meeting.......your request is taken before the executive board each month and they vote on it.....been a member for 20 years and have NEVER heard about someone's request not granted....spent much time the first 5 years on layoff and done this many times.