Employment at the Gahanna Ohio location.

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by 1FastCorvette, May 16, 2012.

1. 1FastCorvette

1FastCorvette Member

Hello everyone. After alittle bit of time and patience. I have'd figured they won't hire present to past teamster at this location.

How or why i know this. Because me and another teamster at Ups Freight as part-time workers applied. We easily meet there hiring requirements. We called about our application and we both were told, the same thing they passed on us and won't say why.

Another ex-teamster from Yellow Freight applied and was told they same thing. Now we had his friend which is a present part-time non-union dockworker applied, he called and they are going to hire him. All of us applied for the $15.95 part-time dock workers position.

Go figure and i really wanted to be hired,, this bites..

2. truckermatt

truckermatt Member

I have applied at some jobs before and i met all the requirements and I wasnt hired also,

It happens.

maybe try another nearby terminal?

3. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

Dayton has lots of former Teamsters on the payroll. I know of former Holland drivers, former CF drivers and office personel that work here. Could it be more of a reason that you and your freind also work for a competitor? Dayton has gotten burned in the past by workers that were splitting time between another company in the freight business. It turned out that these persons were communicating information about accounts to the 'other' company and lo-and-behold that account was lost to the 'other' company.

4. millertime

millertime New Member

hey where did that terminal move that was on i70 at belle vernon pa.

5. truckermatt

truckermatt Member

New Pittsburgh terminal is: 2 Sexton Road MC KEES ROCKS, PA 15136