SAIA | Employment

Suicide Dog

TB Lurker
Credits
I already have job with vitran...
been thru some serious bumps i the road but yet survived. There is the threat of union talks... but looks to be sour on that aspect.
Although for the last 4 weeks, freight pretty much bites. B4 all this we had a really good 2 weeks. but now seems we are part of the starving artist club. what we used to pick up , we now don't. i do the city/ used to have 8-15 stops and 6 or more p/u's.
now i get 1 or 2 p/u and 5 del. 55 hrs to just bearly 40.
been granted an interview with saia. is it worth pursuing this route , or stay were i am at.:hide:

Go Ahead

Just remember that part of the interview process is to see if you want to work for the company you are interviewing with. Before the interview think of/write down some questions you would like answered.

You may also want to do some web research about the company to see what you can find out. One place to start is Saia, Inc.. Use some search engines and see what you can find out.

If you know of anyone who works for Saia in the area where you are wanting to hire on talk to them.

Just remember, it is the freight business and Saia will get their money's worth out of you.

Additronal thoughts

You should go in with an idea of what particular position you want. Based on your background questions you seemed to be looking at P&D.

If your location is in KY you will be in what is, for Saia, new territory. You will be able to get in with an expanding company and if your timing and patience are right should be able to do well.

Don't know how the business levels are in that area other than to say that this business is all about the numbers and the numbers dictate how many hours the personnel are allowed to work.

Road Kill from the numbers everyone is posting for the end of the first quarter everyone is slow right now!! I think Conway's profit was over 29% down and a number of other companies didn't have great numbers either!! Saia was up over 25% over last year and the numbers looked good!! Right now the housing market slowed down and the economic growth is slow.. One thing effects another and i am sure things will pickup for everyone.. SHARE AND CARE!!!!!