Employment

1FastCorvette

TB Lurker
Credits
Question.

I see that Sysco of Cleveland is hiring for the Columbus, Ohio area. Ad show's starting pay is $18.50. Does this stay straight hourly pay with ot after 8 or 40 hours. Or will they switch u over to the ABC pay. What is current hourly top pay and how long to get there.

What type of start time does a new hire get. And how many hours on the clock. Is this job let u be home everyday working mon-fri with weekends off?

Hours is the benefit package and is it 100 percent company paidfor. What do u get for payed time off ? And is there a pension? Central states or sysco company pension.

Any info would be appreciated.

IDK, thats out of my area, there are other guys closer to your interest, I wanted to respond to you so maybe to generate response, I hope the union up there is better than ours.

I hope one of our Sysco guys can help you out pretty quick. :)

Someone from Cleveland could give you better specifics on pay which could depend on a contract, each Sysco house is different, not all are union.

I could be wrong, but I think the benefits and pension should be the same nationwide, you should be vested after five years, and the benefits are about as good as can be expected in this economy. Our insurance runs a little over $20/week for health dental and vision for my wife and I. They offer a couple of different health plans, depending on the specific needs, one may be better than the other, but it's kind of confusing and may take some careful calculations while sober.

You should get home every night, once home you may be able to stay awake long enough to get something to eat, you may not. I've never seen anyone get laid over, but I've heard it has happened.

At first you may have to report to the router each night to get a start time for the next day. If you're lucky they may lay you off on Wednesday and call you in on Saturday, if you're not lucky they'll make you work all six days. Hopefully they'll be on a hiring spree and you'll be the first of six that they hire and have some seniority right off the bat, but three of those six won't make it past six months. The low men usually don't have their own routes, but fill in for those who call in sick or are on vacation. So you could be continually running unfamiliar territory, however a lot of times they are easy routes. They usually try to have a few extra drivers each day, so a lot of it may also be riding along or following another driver just helping.

Sysco is a large, solid and stable corporation, they are still turning a profit, and I don't see that changing anytime soon, so you could do worse.

Good luck!

T

Hey everyone thanks for the responses so far. Jack H i believe to be a hiring recuriter out Cleveland, ohio. Called and talk with me alittle bit today. Will be passing my information to the terminal Richard S in Columbus, Ohio. I'm waiting for a call from him, to bring me in for a a interview.

I was told starting pay is $18.50 hour with overtime after 8 a day which is fine with me. Then once i start hitting some type of cases or number quota, they will be switching over to the ABC pay system. Question at this starting hourly rate with raises to come usually top out at 20-22 hour. With overtime after 8 a day, is this better money or is the ABC pay system better?

Hey everyone thanks for the responses so far. Jack H i believe to be a hiring recuriter out Cleveland, ohio. Called and talk with me alittle bit today. Will be passing my information to the terminal Richard S in Columbus, Ohio. I'm waiting for a call from him, to bring me in for a a interview.

I was told starting pay is $18.50 hour with overtime after 8 a day which is fine with me. Then once i start hitting some type of cases or number quota, they will be switching over to the ABC pay system. Question at this starting hourly rate with raises to come usually top out at 20-22 hour. With overtime after 8 a day, is this better money or is the ABC pay system better?
If you have a choice, and with this 212 thing I don't know if anyone will in the near future, I would take the hourly pay, especially if its OT after 8 and 40, that way you can relax and not have to kill yourself to make ABC, our top out is 19 something and OT after 40 only, ABC kicks in automaticly if you qualify for the week, with this 212 thing its my understanding that pay will be on a tier system, with 85 CPMH being the top, over 100 mi are hwy miles paid at 57 cent a mile I think, stop pay went down. Hell, it all evens out for Sysco, they aren't going to do anything for us that costs them more money, at least Sysco Oklahoma, they are tighter than dicks hatband around here where we are concerned, yet in other areas they will step over a ten dollar bill to pick up a quarter, I never have understood it.

Don't get me wrong, I like what I do, I just stay confused around here, this is a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of opco sometimes.

Sounds like Cleveland will be a good place to work, that is if 212 don't F it up.

after 8 is ot. abc will be paid if if it is higher than ur cba. rich is a good guy. there are layover routes. if u run out of hrs a supervisor mechanic or a newby will pick ya up where u may be hopefully taking a nice break. it happens frequenty lol

212 is not geared for operations. Don't know what there telling you over there but it has nothing to do with the ops dept. From my understanding it's to streamline the way our customers order.

212 is not geared for operations. Don't know what there telling you over there but it has nothing to do with the ops dept. From my understanding it's to streamline the way our customers order.

Yes it is, and our customers hate it! Its also in one big bag of ****, 212 came with the roll out of DIP pay, I made more on ABC, pretty much we got a pay cut, I'm glad I bid shuttle, at least I'm by the hour, all our guys are upset with DIP, everyone is making less than they were on the ABC program and still doing the same work, we would have to do 20% more to equal what ABC paid, pretty ****ty way to give the route guys a pay cut, not to mention how mgmt sugar coated it telling us we would make more and not to worry..LOL.

if your big, as in fat, you will be stressed to the max, and will probably quit. if you are big, as in, sort of fat, but have some muscle, you can make it if you want to. I work at US Foods, and although I'm overweight, its nothing I cant handle easily.

with that starting rate, I would go for it, Chicago sounds like a very good place to be looking for a job!