ABF | Employment

we have a driver, pot conviction less than 5yrs ago, hired. not a disquailfirer, as well as I know a driver with a DWI they recently hired, was 10 yrs ago, but hired him.. used to never happen.

Holland does their new hiring training program in Indianapolis these days, I was at the motel while some of them were checking in.....OMG.....I am not going to go into details but if Swift had a reject list these guys would have probably qualified for it. Oh how the mighty have fallen! :D
"Bring me your weak, your tired, your downtrodden", is their new motto.

Was trying to show a Jr. the reason for our contract, seniority, and work rules. He comes back it's not right to charge the company for you do it doesn't take much effort, why should senior guy get all the miles if I been having :shit:ty weeks. I could've had a heart attack with all the non Union language coming out of his mouth.

"Bring me your weak, your tired, your downtrodden", is their new motto.

......."your anti-social, your mentally deficient, your work-impaired, your cocky and belligerent, your socially stunted"........Ahh,....we were talking about Swift, were we?

Was trying to show a Jr. the reason for our contract, seniority, and work rules. He comes back it's not right to charge the company for you do it doesn't take much effort, why should senior guy get all the miles if I been having :shit:ty weeks. I could've had a heart attack with all the non Union language coming out of his mouth.
This generation expects the wages of a 30 year veteran of any skilled trade right out of college. Then, all of a sudden reality slaps them up side the face. 50 grand in student loan debit, making 12 or 14 an hour not in a field they earned their degree in. And they don't understand why. All I can say to them is "welcome to life'. von.

This generation expects the wages of a 30 year veteran of any skilled trade right out of college. Then, all of a sudden reality slaps them up side the face. 50 grand in student loan debit, making 12 or 14 an hour not in a field they earned their degree in. And they don't understand why. All I can say to them is "welcome to life'. von.
We can thank all of those participation trophies for that attitude, they were led to believe that there was no possibility of failure. It's going to be a rough life for some gen xer's.

We can thank all of those participation trophies for that attitude, they were led to believe that there was no possibility of failure. It's going to be a rough life for some gen xer's.
I'm a gex x'er and your right. I'm really more worried about the gen y and millennials though. Most of my gen x friends work. Can't say the same for the others.

Sad part is most guys there hiring are in 40-55 year range and can't seem to understand everything we receive now wasn't easily earned.