Yellow | Enhance your Calm!

mudhole

TB Lurker
Credits
Brothers and Sisters,
Remember this one word: VOLUME. When the merger happens at YRCW, the Union labor force will be the LEAST IMPACTED. Why? They need to maintain volume. They MUST try to keep freight levels as high as possible. They need to generate gross revenue. They will close 200 terminals. They will combine operations in many cities. One brand will move in with the other. The terminals closed can be sold as commercial property. HERE IS THE JOB LOSS:
They will still need those separate trucks out there picking up freight. If they are getting for example 3 skids for Yellow and 5 skids for Roadway, they will still pickup 8 skids but they will try to pick up additional freight. Do not think downward, think upward. Where the cuts will come is in management. They will not need double terminal managers, dispatchers, dock supers, etc. Look at the current operation at HGR. The local cartage is supervised by Yellow for Yellow. ALL road drivers are dispatched by Roadway. The dispatcher switches computer screens. Depending on VOLUME there will be some merger of Union positions. Not as many as you might believe. Holland and New Penn run in a different type of operation, we will have to wait.:1036316054:

Not being negative here, but remember when Yellow Corp bought Roadway? Dollar Bill said apart we were a $6 Billion comany; together we'd only be a $4billion comany and have to build new bigger terminals.....Dollar Bill saw that this was the perfect time to throw the switch, since the freight is currently down. What are his plans when it grows?

Who will buy those 200 terminals? Most companies that needed terminals bougt them after Preston and CF closed. The economy is to a point where no one is buying. So that point should be interesting. Sell them, and debt is eliminated. Have to keep them, and insurance and maintanence has to be paid., along with debt service.

A friend of mine pointed out to me that Yellow's Velocity Centers and Roadway's Velocity Centers are not in the same places-- they will slide together easily. He also pointed out the Black Friday Firings seem to put management together better. In one place an Ops Mgr is gone; in another place a TM is gone-- all in the same city -- can slide together with no fighting..... Yep, YRC put this together well ahead of time. I know from my Preston days-- no one has the best lawyers than what was once Yellow. This stuff is planned YEARS ahead of time. Some even say decades????

Now, when will we get combined seniority lists?