R&L | Enough is enough

wrenchturner

TB Lurker
Credits
I have been reading these post about union this and we are getting screwed and all the other BS. So now I want to express my two cents!!!

First R+L is not trying to SCREW YOU, they are trying to succeed in this tough economy. Like almost every other company they are forced to make cuts period.

Yes there is GPS in most trucks and it works really well. You can and will be tracked by dispatch and the TM and WIL. Most of you have nothing to worry about but the lazy guys that like to take several 30 plus minute breaks don't act surprised when you are called to the office and giving a report showing when you stopped and for how long. GPS is accurate to with in 3 meterse solution

If all of you who think we are getting screwed and R+L is such a bad place you need to do one of two things either leave or be part of the solution by doing everything you can to expedite the freight and earn more business. if some of you spent as much time caring about our success as you did worrying about what everyone else is doing we would be the most successful LTL company out there.

Our customers owe us nothing, someone will move their freight. We owe it to them and each other to come to work and do our jobs the best we can everyday. We control the success or failure of our company. Take pride in your performance and when the company succeeds we all succeed.

If you still think you can do it better then go to the bank get a loan and start your own company then run it however you see fit. Until then you work for the Roberts family and if you don't like it you know were the door is.

I have been reading these post about union this and we are getting screwed and all the other BS. So now I want to express my two cents!!!

First R+L is not trying to SCREW YOU, they are trying to succeed in this tough economy. Like almost every other company they are forced to make cuts period.

Yes there is GPS in most trucks and it works really well. You can and will be tracked by dispatch and the TM and WIL. Most of you have nothing to worry about but the lazy guys that like to take several 30 plus minute breaks don't act surprised when you are called to the office and giving a report showing when you stopped and for how long. GPS is accurate to with in 3 meterse solution

If all of you who think we are getting screwed and R+L is such a bad place you need to do one of two things either leave or be part of the solution by doing everything you can to expedite the freight and earn more business. if some of you spent as much time caring about our success as you did worrying about what everyone else is doing we would be the most successful LTL company out there.

Our customers owe us nothing, someone will move their freight. We owe it to them and each other to come to work and do our jobs the best we can everyday. We control the success or failure of our company. Take pride in your performance and when the company succeeds we all succeed.

If you still think you can do it better then go to the bank get a loan and start your own company then run it however you see fit. Until then you work for the Roberts family and if you don't like it you know were the door is.

Good point wrenchturner I couldn,t have said it better never mind what the others say there the ones that the gps will bust loafing somewhere and a lease driver will be replaceing them:1036316054:

10% of the drivers at our terminal do 90% of the work. Problem is TM is blind to the efficient running of a terminal and only sees bad numbers that stand out at him. for example a guy leaves with 6 deliveries and might do 2 pick ups in an 8 hour day. another guy will leave with 15 deliveries and do 8 or 9 pick ups, but for some stupid reason one delivery might come back, that is something that stands out to TM and the other never stands out and he just skates his way through the day and he is considered a great driver. Hard for that guy to ever even get written up because he does hardly nothing to begin with. And because he can only handle 6 deliveries a day that is all he is ever given. How did half of these guys last through the probation period is just proof that the TM is not involved with turning the operation into a success. He is just there to translate rules to us from Wilmington. Alot of money would have been saved by weeding out useless people before their probation was up. As far as GPS is concerned, Good , Because I am back at the terminal long before the 6 delivery and 2 pick up guy, give me his coordinates so I can meet him there and he can buy me lunch, because he's working more hours than me and making more money than me !!!!!!

I agree with you driver...A good positive attitude will get you a long way in life...In my opinion, the Roberts have always been fair to their employee's...There is not going to be anyplace that is perfect, but I wouldn't trade this job my R&L for any other trucking job, union, non union, or whatever...I have been treated fairly, and this job had provided well for me and my family, and I for one am grateful to have it...There are always ones on this these boards that will call us :butt kiss:, whatever, like you say, if R&L is so bad, then leave...I'm not trying to make anyone mad, :1036316054:but take a look around, it could be alot worse.

wrenchturner hits it right on the head! like ive said before, those who worry, worry for a reason. those of you that are unhappy, got to Jevic, Averitt, Overnight, G.O.D Trucking, American Freight...Oh...thats right...these companies no longer exist or have been bought out. r+l must be doing something right.

heres a solution in my mind...if every driver makes an honest attempt to "hunt and fish" for at least 2 shipments a week on top of their regular pick up, that probably is about an additional 6000 shipments a week. that in itself is job security. the roberts need drivers to move the freight - the more freight the more drivers that will be needed. thats called job security.

be a part of the solution, not the problem. get out if your unhappy. go somewhere else and work - you might get lucky and get a ham for your xmas bonus!

I must agree with PHI...if you took away the top five city drivers in our barn, and there is a total of say 40 the place would collapse. Figure 35 drivers per 6-7 stops only gets you about 230 bills out on the street. That's not even a respectable number if you work in Norristown!!

I agree with you driver...A good positive attitude will get you a long way in life...In my opinion, the Roberts have always been fair to their employee's...There is not going to be anyplace that is perfect, but I wouldn't trade this job my R&L for any other trucking job, union, non union, or whatever...I have been treated fairly, and this job had provided well for me and my family, and I for one am grateful to have it...There are always ones on this these boards that will call us :butt kiss:, whatever, like you say, if R&L is so bad, then leave...I'm not trying to make anyone mad, :1036316054:but take a look around, it could be alot worse.

"IT COULD BE A LOT WORSE"????? I guess the Roberts family should put that on the side of the trailer!!

Don't worry company man, those of us who are not happy will leave when and if it gets to that point. If you don't like the complaints, find another site to go to. By the way, how does it smell up the *** cracks of the Robert's??

Don't worry company man, those of us who are not happy will leave when and if it gets to that point. If you don't like the complaints, find another site to go to. By the way, how does it smell up the *** cracks of the Robert's??

You must be a joy to be around!!!!:biglaugh:

How dare they give him a job when he went looking for and needed one...and How dare they ask that they be allowed to run their company...what is the world coming to..???

The audacity of some trucking company owners...geez, they act like they have the right..

And for those of you that think by doing a good job and being a positive force in your company, well, you ought to go look in a mirror and be ashamed...how did you miss the school bus from hell that took you to the place where they taught you to criticize every place you ever worked, and demand that the owners do everything to please you and that only your rights mattered...??

How dare they give him a job when he went looking for and needed one...and How dare they ask that they be allowed to run their company...what is the world coming to..???

The audacity of some trucking company owners...geez, they act like they have the right..

And for those of you that think by doing a good job and being a positive force in your company, well, you ought to go look in a mirror and be ashamed...how did you miss the school bus from hell that took you to the place where they taught you to criticize every place you ever worked, and demand that the owners do everything to please you and that only your rights mattered...??

Thanks for the laugh Boxboss....:hysterical::biglaugh: It made my morning...

heres a solution in my mind...if every driver makes an honest attempt to "hunt and fish" for at least 2 shipments a week on top of their regular pick up, that probably is about an additional 6000 shipments a week. that in itself is job security. the roberts need drivers to move the freight - the more freight the more drivers that will be needed. thats called job security.

Well we've been over this before. More freight means nothing if the equipment and manpower is not available.... On second thought it might be possible now. Plenty of fine Ford power coming back in service and with the addition of the mexican labor force R&L is putting in place it just might be possible to get more freight.... While i'm on the subject HOW WILL R&L RETAIN THESE SO CALLED LEASE DRIVERS???????????????????????????????????? Pretty honest question i'm sure some of you guys have thought of it... Will R&L ever give the "lease" drivers the opportunity to become full time "R&L" drivers????????????? Also what type of employee will these "lease" drivers be like????????? I mean one week they could work five days and the next only work a day or not at all. Ok i'll have to say maybe they are looking after our jobs but i stll don't trust a Roberts. I'm still not convinced............ Look at it from a different view. It's ok to protect our jobs and everyone thinks the Roberts are heros but are they still heros when they throw those "lease" drivers under the bus?????? What happens if it gets slow????? They said in the video that they would not work the "lease" drivers.... What happens to them????? Do they lay-off the "lease" drivers???? Unemployment that will never happen R&L to my knowledge has never laid anyone off.... So give it some thought and post some honest answers not the same old company B.S. :1036316054: Because in the end it could affect us all.

There breaking out the OLD FORDS for the Lease drivers, they were gonna junkem anyway .They don't want this new BREED of driver to wreck there GOOD Equipment, because we all know about what there gonna get are CDL School Graduates and Knuckleheads who have already worked for everyone else. So i hope they put a FEW more People on in Safety cause they are gonna need the manpower for all the extra CHARGEABLE Accidents :biglaugh: