R&L | Enough is enough

important point

when originally brought forward, the process of using lease(paramount) drivers was to have a easily controlled driver force. keep your permanent guys, use as many lease as you need, dont use them when business is slow. good idea. now, if we have drivers being replaced on runs by lease drivers; drivers being moved and lease drivers put in their place,or not worked at all while lease drivers are. you also have the "truckload" paramount lease o/o replacing company teams and drivers on dedicated runs, such as conley and at dallas.this WAS NOT what we told was happening. we have been lied to. i too enjoy working here,but as a team driver know my days are numbered.here at wil. we see more and more o/o every day.once again the intent i think was to rerplace the landstars,etc. with our own o/os, but co. teams are being replaced.dont get me wrong, i understand the dollar and cents aspect of it.i just would rather have told straight out they were going to replace us.we are told nothing as to our future with r&l.also one more disturbing occurance, a team driver came off the team, and instead of going to the bottom of the line haul board in dallas, he received a $6.00 /hr. pay cut and was told he was now a combo driver.so does this mean all team drivers must do this? been here a long time and this is not the way to treat your drivers.:chairshot:

Duck, they said they would use these lease drivers when necessary. We have been using them at a lot of different locations. They are coming from different agencies. The new flex position will work the same.

when originally brought forward, the process of using lease(paramount) drivers was to have a easily controlled driver force. keep your permanent guys, use as many lease as you need, dont use them when business is slow. good idea. now, if we have drivers being replaced on runs by lease drivers; drivers being moved and lease drivers put in their place,or not worked at all while lease drivers are. you also have the "truckload" paramount lease o/o replacing company teams and drivers on dedicated runs, such as conley and at dallas.this WAS NOT what we told was happening. we have been lied to. i too enjoy working here,but as a team driver know my days are numbered.here at wil. we see more and more o/o every day.once again the intent i think was to rerplace the landstars,etc. with our own o/os, but co. teams are being replaced.dont get me wrong, i understand the dollar and cents aspect of it.i just would rather have told straight out they were going to replace us.we are told nothing as to our future with r&l.also one more disturbing occurance, a team driver came off the team, and instead of going to the bottom of the line haul board in dallas, he received a $6.00 /hr. pay cut and was told he was now a combo driver.so does this mean all team drivers must do this? been here a long time and this is not the way to treat your drivers.:chairshot:
How long has this driver been with R&L??????????

Did you guys see the new log books, there in spanish.....que paso dos our jobs

Bueno, es obvio que usted no trabaja aquí, porque sabemos la diferencia entre ese país y que están.
Quizás usted debe usar la gramática correcta cuando se trata de hacer una declaración idiota. :smilie_132:

Well we've been over this before. More freight means nothing if the equipment and manpower is not available.... On second thought it might be possible now. Plenty of fine Ford power coming back in service and with the addition of the mexican labor force R&L is putting in place it just might be possible to get more freight.... While i'm on the subject HOW WILL R&L RETAIN THESE SO CALLED LEASE DRIVERS???????????????????????????????????? Pretty honest question i'm sure some of you guys have thought of it... Will R&L ever give the "lease" drivers the opportunity to become full time "R&L" drivers????????????? Also what type of employee will these "lease" drivers be like????????? I mean one week they could work five days and the next only work a day or not at all. Ok i'll have to say maybe they are looking after our jobs but i stll don't trust a Roberts. I'm still not convinced............ Look at it from a different view. It's ok to protect our jobs and everyone thinks the Roberts are heros but are they still heros when they throw those "lease" drivers under the bus?????? What happens if it gets slow????? They said in the video that they would not work the "lease" drivers.... What happens to them????? Do they lay-off the "lease" drivers???? Unemployment that will never happen R&L to my knowledge has never laid anyone off.... So give it some thought and post some honest answers not the same old company B.S. :1036316054: Because in the end it could affect us all.

I personally don't understand how a so called "lease driver" would stick around when he might work one day one week, then five days another week...If R&L is going to do this, it makes more sense to me that they would use temporary drivers from a temorary service..In my opinion, drivers are not going to stay around unless they are offered some consistent hours, they will just use R&L to get some experience, and then move on to a real job...Has your terminal hired any lease drivers yet? Ours has not...

Translation from Truckdriver Post.....

Good, it is obvious that you do not work here, because we know the difference between this country and that they are.
Perhaps you must use the correct grammar when it is a question of doing an idiotic declaration.

and he insults a persons use of grammar...increíble which means unbelievable

I personally don't understand how a so called "lease driver" would stick around when he might work one day one week, then five days another week...If R&L is going to do this, it makes more sense to me that they would use temporary drivers from a temorary service..In my opinion, drivers are not going to stay around unless they are offered some consistent hours, they will just use R&L to get some experience, and then move on to a real job...Has your terminal hired any lease drivers yet? Ours has not...
At our Terminal the "Lease Drivers" are being hired to fill open full time runs .so they would be working FULL TIME and according to the add i read on Career builders they ARE getting Benefits .Unlike what many of us have been told.

At our Terminal the "Lease Drivers" are being hired to fill open full time runs .so they would be working FULL TIME and according to the add i read on Career builders they ARE getting Benefits .Unlike what many of us have been told.

Cuda, How many have they hired? Is it working? Do you think it will work over the long term? Just curious!!!!

Cuda, How many have they hired? Is it working? Do you think it will work over the long term? Just curious!!!!
They are still trying to hire them , we had openings they were having a hard time filling under the OLD pay . Right now they are using drivers from a temp service and i have been pulled off my Day Line haul run 4 times in the last 2 weeks to work City for less Money(About 50 Dollars a Day).If that is any indication of how things are gonna work I see Bad times A commin. So I really don't know if i can answer your question long term because i do not know how much longer i am staying here. I was very happy here now I seem to be 1 of the select few they want to Jerk around.

lease drivers

We had one now we have 6. They have been keeping them away from us regular guys. One of the guys had to take one out for a test drive the other day. The Paramount O/O guys are not allowed to park in the fenced area at our terminal they have to stay outside.

We had one now we have 6. They have been keeping them away from us regular guys. One of the guys had to take one out for a test drive the other day. The Paramount O/O guys are not allowed to park in the fenced area at our terminal they have to stay outside.

So they have to stay outside the fence with there tractors?Is there a diff parking lot for there trucks?If not aren't they taking up all the parking spots up.

Why do you keep defending this company? Just curious!!! TE out...

Thats a weird question....Maybe because "this company" has provided an excellent living for my family and me for years....Who's company should I defend, Yours? R&L Carriers is an excellent company, and I wouldn't trade my job with R&L for a job with your company, or any other company for that matter...