R&L | Enough is enough

I say it once again. Some people just don't like the fact that the majority of R+L employees enjoy what they do and who they work for. Nothing is perfect but it is better then what most people have. I don't think it is right that they make us pay for our own meals when we are on vacation!!! (just kidding guys)

They are still trying to hire them , we had openings they were having a hard time filling under the OLD pay . Right now they are using drivers from a temp service and i have been pulled off my Day Line haul run 4 times in the last 2 weeks to work City for less Money(About 50 Dollars a Day).If that is any indication of how things are gonna work I see Bad times A commin. So I really don't know if i can answer your question long term because i do not know how much longer i am staying here. I was very happy here now I seem to be 1 of the select few they want to Jerk around.
The same crap is starting in STL top drivers forced to work city when new drivers run their linehaul!!!!!!!! I don't know if those new guys are Paramount or R&L drivers... It still sucks... If they can't hire a person to work the city don't hire them!!!!!!! I've been hearing "RUMORS" from around the system. A large slash in dock workers at WIL.. WHY????? O/O replace teams on dedicated runs..... R&L drivers sitting while O/O and lease drivers take the runs....... Your not alone Cuda sounds like R&L is trying to see how far they can push this crap down our throats..............

The same crap is starting in STL top drivers forced to work city when new drivers run their linehaul!!!!!!!! I don't know if those new guys are Paramount or R&L drivers... It still sucks... If they can't hire a person to work the city don't hire them!!!!!!! I've been hearing "RUMORS" from around the system. A large slash in dock workers at WIL.. WHY????? O/O replace teams on dedicated runs..... R&L drivers sitting while O/O and lease drivers take the runs....... Your not alone Cuda sounds like R&L is trying to see how far they can push this crap down our throats..............
Last Week i called HR in WIL about a lease driver doing my run and they basically told me the TM could do what he wanted as long as he felt it was in the Companies best interest. I will however tell you the lease driver they are using is from a TEMP service and not the NEW Paramount.

Last Week i called HR in WIL about a lease driver doing my run and they basically told me the TM could do what he wanted as long as he felt it was in the Companies best interest. I will however tell you the lease driver they are using is from a TEMP service and not the NEW Paramount.
From what I was told R&L has a contract with the temp service company..... The temp drivers have to work so many hours before R&L/Paramount can hire them or R&L has to pay a large sum of money to the temp service.......... This could be the reason behind whats going on in your situation....

Who could work for 16.50 an hour?I couldn't.

I dont know that I could swing it on 18.50 an hr now.

It is hard to make a liven but on that its crazy.They will get guys that don't care about there job and that may be reckless.Well in time we will see what will happen.We had 3 guys come in for that 16.50.
1.was 69 years old
2.The guy had so many pionts on his driver license (what I was told)
3.I think they said he was right out of school.(we all have to start somewheres at least he is trying to get a job)

It is hard to make a liven but on that its crazy.They will get guys that don't care about there job and that may be reckless.Well in time we will see what will happen.We had 3 guys come in for that 16.50.
1.was 69 years old
2.The guy had so many pionts on his driver license (what I was told)
3.I think they said he was right out of school.(we all have to start somewheres at least he is trying to get a job)
That is the kinda people there gonna get , so what they save in wages they can pay right out in CLAIMS . :hysterical:

From what I was told R&L has a contract with the temp service company..... The temp drivers have to work so many hours before R&L/Paramount can hire them or R&L has to pay a large sum of money to the temp service.......... This could be the reason behind whats going on in your situation....
All i know is if this keeps up i'll go back to Quarry Blasting the work is hard but the pay is good . Also playing with Explosives is FUN :1036316054: