ODFL | EPA fines in California

Really, you mean to tell me that Kang, Northwest, Legend, Rai, Bullet, DPE, Sandhu, HSD, Mann Bros., SD Truck and all of these other ragtag, ductape specials all passed? They all had no pollution coming out of their old tractors. I smell something stinky here. Real stinky. Who benefits, the schools, whose behind it the government and school. What a freakin joke!!!! All of the crap that goes up and down I-5 from Commiafornia, really. All of the wrecks that happen, the drivers buying beer and jumping into their truck, the ::shit:: hole on the sleeper floor and they’re coming after us. I got one thing to say. ☝️. That’s my censorship bird. I don’t want the weak crying their eyes out to Jeff and I get banned or freakin suspended. Hey, vote these idiots out. Vote, for your morales and values.

Unreal. We have one of the best fleets in the country. I agree, very fishy. They probably figure we could afford to pay it. You fine YRC, what are you going to get???
It wasn't our fleet that got the violations . It's the outside carriers we used.. My guess would be at the ports. Easy money to help fund school projects. OD will just write a check and claim it as a loss to the IRS.

It wasn't our fleet that got the violations . It's the outside carriers we used.. My guess would be at the ports. Easy money to help fund school projects. OD will just write a check and claim it as a loss to the IRS.

Exactly, those other carriers combined would have trouble paying 500 bucks between them.
You could sell 2 goats and have a much larger cash flow.
And you know those thieves know this!

Interesting... I thought everything was supposed to be on OD trucks by now. Kenneth, didn't they get rid of lease drivers to ports and such?

Interesting... I thought everything was supposed to be on OD trucks by now. Kenneth, didn't they get rid of lease drivers to ports and such?
Yes,Ump is correct.This goes back from 2013 to 2016.I heard that OD had to salvage a lot of the Volvo's there because they didn't meet California Regulations and the couldn't get them moved out of state.Also,this maybe another reason why OD runs it all now with there equipment.

I still don’t understand, we’re not the only ones that use or at one time used outside contractors. And yes we do have one of the newest and up to date fleets there are. What about the others? I still say it stinks.

I still don’t understand, we’re not the only ones that use or at one time used outside contractors. And yes we do have one of the newest and up to date fleets there are. What about the others? I still say it stinks.
Again our fleet has nothing to do with these fines. It's really not a big issue. $200,000 dollars to OD is akin to you up sizing your #5 from McDonald's.
But no doubt.. EPA is as crooked as they come.

Last edited:
Yes,Ump is correct.This goes back from 2013 to 2016.I heard that OD had to salvage a lot of the Volvo's there because they didn't meet California Regulations and the couldn't get them moved out of state.Also,this maybe another reason why OD runs it all now with there equipment.
Gotcha. Figured you'd know. They can salvage our Volvo's here too...