Eperienced Drivers

wargames-joshua

TB Lurker
Credits
In all your years of driving, what have you accomplished? What were you goals.

For me, I ran all my years driving, with out any Accidents, Tickets, Incidents. And put
Safety as a Priority. My Goals in the begging of trucking, Make as much money as I can.
Now at the end of my career, I feel I accomplished everything I set out to do. Thinking
about retiring now.

For me, I ran all my years driving, with out any Accidents, Tickets, Incidents. And put
Safety as a Priority. My Goals in the begging of trucking, Make as much money as I can.
Now at the end of my career, I feel I accomplished everything I set out to do. Thinking
about retiring now.
my goal was to retire happy and care free, and pain free.

i am now pretty much medically retired, thanks to my injury for 4 years ago (read my thread..."career ending operation?") and see what fun (sarcasm) i have had with the insurance company.

my new goal, hit the lottery and move to a warmer, QUIETER PLACE, with hopefully NO TAXES..

my goal was to retire happy and care free, and pain free.

i am now pretty much medically retired, thanks to my injury for 4 years ago (read my thread..."career ending operation?") and see what fun (sarcasm) i have had with the insurance company.

my new goal, hit the lottery and move to a warmer, QUIETER PLACE, with hopefully NO TAXES..

Hey you can't take my dream goal away from me.... lol.

about retiring now.

Do it... retire.... I watched my brother work hard all his life building up a really nice nest egg for retirement.... then he got sick and was unable to enjoy life.
He wanted to travel and see the national parks.... travel in general not in a truck with his wife.

If your feeling it's time do it, it's time, one thing I did before I retired was take out a "home equity line of credit " for a safety cushion when expensive unexpected things pop-up or major home maintenance , it is only for emergency use only (the new car, boat and motorcycle are still at their dealerships) but it's nice to know I don't have worry about scrambling to pay for something big, or deplete savings doing it.

Since you stated you feel comfortable in what you set out to do as well surpassing Goals, you then should follow your Heart and Mind.
Like Spock stated: Live Long and Prosper!
CHEERS!!

I had no plan to retire when I did.
However I jackknifed on a rural road in a snow storm breaking the drivers side of my day cab.
Along with denting my brand new UPS Freight trailer.
Thank God I was able to walk away with no injuries,& didn't do any other damage to anything around me.
However I decided no more winter driving for me.
I put in my papers,then hung up my keys the last time on March 31st 2008,after 45 years as a P & D driver.

I was 63,& still owed on my farm,my wife's Kia Soul & a few other bills.
But Glory to God I am blessed that I was able to pay off the car & the farm,with only 2 credit card accounts.
I'll be debt free,oh happy day,best advice to everyone thinking of retiring try to pay off everything you can.

But all in all I'm happy I was able to retire when I did,looking back I don't miss anything about P & D driving.

i wonder how many of us actually think we will even make it to retirement age?

given family health history, etc,etc.