XPO | Equal pay central and southern DSR's

busa182

TB Lurker
Credits
I was just wondering if anyone has heard anymore about the pay raises ? The last I heard they were going to tell us in Dec the plan on how they were going to get everyone on the same pay scale but I never heard anything.

Hahahahaha......haven't had to treat us in the south as equals since the creation of the Con-Ways..... why change now?

Does that mean OT after 40 hours too? That may be too much to ask for, take baby steps. I never agreed with the pay scale, even in the old Central. Raises should be based on work quality and performance. Hard workers should get rewarded for it, slackers shouldn't. The same raise across the board, motivates some people to do just enough not to get fired. Employee reviews and LOI's were pointless for most people.

We had a driver that put in to transfer from our terminal ( in the old CCX area ) to Memphis. He spoke to the manager on the phone and set it up to transfer at the end of this Jan. He met with the manager face to face this week and came back and canceled his transfer. On top of the lower pay, going to the bottom in seniority , and no OT until after 50, he said there was someone in management whose main job was to make sure nobody got overtime.

We had a driver that put in to transfer from our terminal ( in the old CCX area ) to Memphis. He spoke to the manager on the phone and set it up to transfer at the end of this Jan. He met with the manager face to face this week and came back and canceled his transfer. On top of the lower pay, going to the bottom in seniority , and no OT until after 50, he said there was someone in management whose main job was to make sure nobody got overtime.

On top of the low pay it seem like they are trying everything in their power to keep us southern guys from making any money!

It is sad that the guys up north who work the city make more than a lot of the line hall guys down south .

Is there a plus side? If you are in management , do you get paid less like the drivers? When a customer up north wants to send freight south , do we automatically have the best rates because of the lower labor costs? Is the driver turnover worse in the south because of the lower pay? Does the huge paycut keep a lot of drivers from transfering to the south from the parts of the country that pay more?

Doesn't matter if there's an up side. It's just another chicken**** policy to suppress labor and stuff a few select pockets.

On top of the low pay it seem like they are trying everything in their power to keep us southern guys from making any money!

It is sad that the guys up north who work the city make more than a lot of the line hall guys down south .
It all depends on where you work.

Is there a plus side? If you are in management , do you get paid less like the drivers? When a customer up north wants to send freight south , do we automatically have the best rates because of the lower labor costs? Is the driver turnover worse in the south because of the lower pay? Does the huge paycut keep a lot of drivers from transfering to the south from the parts of the country that pay more?
Do you think Con-way has the same policy for management? Or , if a management level person does the same job in Ohio and then goes to Texas and does the same job do they get the same pay?

Let me be clear- I think it's wrong that a driver that works for the same company and does the same job and has the same CDL gets paid different based on where they live.

Do you think Con-way has the same policy for management? Or , if a management level person does the same job in Ohio and then goes to Texas and does the same job do they get the same pay?

Let me be clear- I think it's wrong that a driver that works for the same company and does the same job and has the same CDL gets paid different based on where they live.

Yes it is wrong , when you are working side by side doing the same thing!!!

It all depends on where you work.

So just because you work in a high volume fac it's ok when some of the rest of us get the screws put to us so we don't make it over 50? Besides, if I could make the same amount I'm making now and have to spend less of my time at work to do it I'm all for it. Who wants to spend over 50 hours a week at work? Not me, I'd rather spend that time with my family, and if the company needs me for over 40 a week then there should be additional compensation for it, like the rest of the working world. Isn't that why most of us are in the ltl business, to have a more normal life trucking? Then we ought to be compensated like the regular world.