XPO | Equal pay central and southern DSR's

If you make say $50,000, the company puts $1,500 over the course of a year in quarters ( 3 months, not the coins.) in a 401k account regardless if you signed up for it or not.
If you had a match, you would be looking at 50,000 × 6% = 3000 ÷ 50% = 1500 + 3000 = 4500. This plus the 3% quarterly would come out to around $6,000 per year.

In Canuckistan, we have always had, no matter what, 2% of our weekly pay as a contribution (mandatory) to an RSP, the company matches 2%. This is every payday. We used to (before the meltdown a few years ago) also be allowed to contribute up to another 4% and comnpany would match half (up to 2%) of that. They took that away when we had the meltdown. We were also allowed to contribute up to another 4% over and above with no match, and they took that away. Do not understand the last takeaway since it was not costing them a dime, but whatever.

There are 3 parts to the 401k.

One paid base on age+years of service at the time they axed the pension. Had to be qualified the day they switched. 1-3%

One based on years of service 3% up to 10, 4 from 10 to 20 and 5% above 20 years.

Company match up to 3%.

First 2 have been reinstated, but no company match.

There are 3 parts to the 401k.

One paid base on age+years of service at the time they axed the pension. Had to be qualified the day they switched. 1-3%

One based on years of service 3% up to 10, 4 from 10 to 20 and 5% above 20 years.

Company match up to 3%.

First 2 have been reinstated, but no company match.
That's it. Nailed it.
What about new-hires? Has anything changed?

I'm pretty sure the company match was bumped to 6%. I remember thinking that's about the average for everyone. What my wife gets.

What were you promised when you signed on?

I was promised, as a transferring truckload driver that I would be receiving the quarterly 3% payout into my 401 starting day one of my employment with freight, as my health insurance transferred with me day one. Well the health insurance did in fact transfer with me, but almost 3 years into my employment here, my 401 has nothing. I guess I could be contributing my own money into it, but financial situation at home makes that a challenge. I know the 3% isn't much, just like the 2% is even less, but it's the fact that I was told my time at truckload meant something to the company and I would be rewarded for staying within the family, so to speak. I'm just a number to them, and pretty far down on the list to boot.

I was promised, as a transferring truckload driver that I would be receiving the quarterly 3% payout into my 401 starting day one of my employment with freight, as my health insurance transferred with me day one. Well the health insurance did in fact transfer with me, but almost 3 years into my employment here, my 401 has nothing. I guess I could be contributing my own money into it, but financial situation at home makes that a challenge. I know the 3% isn't much, just like the 2% is even less, but it's the fact that I was told my time at truckload meant something to the company and I would be rewarded for staying within the family, so to speak. I'm just a number to them, and pretty far down on the list to boot.
Go to the person who told you that and see what they say now. Take it up the chain of command. What is their stance now? I'm really being serious. I would like to know what their position is now (on that situation)

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the person who told you that and see what they say now. Take it up the chain of command. What is their stance now? I'm really being serious. I would like to know what their position is now (on that situation)

I can try, but he's no longer at our SIC. I guess I could call him, but how easy would it be for someone to lie to you on the phone and say "I never said that"? Pretty easy.

I can try, but he's no longer at our SIC. I guess I could call him, but how easy would it be for someone to lie to you on the phone and say "I never said that"? Pretty easy.
You should be getting credit for that. We got a guy that come over from truckload 15 years ago. He gets 401 credit like a 20 year guy. His percentage is a point higher because of the time in at the old CWT.

new emplyee get 2%, everyone before 2010 does not get the mach, BUT they get the basic and transition.. it can be anywhere from 4-8% depending on where you fall (age plus years of service) did you guys not get this read in the mail last week? GOD

new emplyee get 2%, everyone before 2010 does not get the mach, BUT they get the basic and transition.. it can be anywhere from 4-8% depending on where you fall (age plus years of service) did you guys not get this read in the mail last week? GOD
I know what I get yes, but my mailing didn't sayanything about 2% for new guys

That's what I'm saying, I was told that I would get the basic and transition but no match. For almost 3 years I've gotten nothing!