New Penn | Equipment getting worse !

Yeah, the new volvo's have 800,000 miles and if you look under the cab they are swamp holly yellow..

trailers have holes in the roof and floors. just about every tire is borderline legal..

Pallet jacks are junk, no hand trucks on dock , load bars do not have rubber on the end pads.

just like preston, the end is near...IMO

Yeah, the new volvo's have 800,000 miles and if you look under the cab they are swamp holly yellow..

trailers have holes in the roof and floors. just about every tire is borderline legal..

Pallet jacks are junk, no hand trucks on dock , load bars do not have rubber on the end pads.

just like preston, the end is near...IMO

cmon man i think paranoia is hitting u too hard bro. i've been here 9 yrs, got friends in S. Kearny & Newburgh, and never have i heard them speak like this. granted this aint the "old New Penn" but you make this place sound like Central Transport lol. every company has issues these days with some of their equipment so what's the big deal ? what do u want, brand new tractors every year ? lol, aint happening no where bro. got that, NO WHERE !

and as far as your comment about Preston, i clearly remember Yellow stripping them of their customer list and equipment over time. you really think that's going on now at NP ? bro, cheer up. i know u got a beef with YRC, so do i however, things are not as bad as you're making them out to be.

FYI go to PVD 05 and look around.. the dumpsters area looks gross the equipment is as I stated. Maybe it's the TM.
Been there for 14 yrs...it's a sh-t hole by any stamdard.

PS duie plye has a bunch of new tractors...with power passenger side windows.. and NO I am not going to go to Plye to work, although Charlie Zach did...

The management could do a better job as well but they hate the place also...SORRY BRO!

FYI go to PVD 05 and look around.. the dumpsters area looks gross the equipment is as I stated. Maybe it's the TM.
Been there for 14 yrs...it's a sh-t hole by any stamdard.

PS duie plye has a bunch of new tractors...with power passenger side windows.. and NO I am not going to go to Plye to work, although Charlie Zach did...

The management could do a better job as well but they hate the place also...SORRY BRO!

Bro, u know non-u's have a lower cost structure than guys like us so therefore they tend to have better equipment. power windows would be awesome but cmon, that wouldnt make me jealous, let alone compare the 2 jobs. i was told on friday by our mechanic out of 03 (he's been working in our terminal for the last 3 months) that new trucks are on order so you should be smiling soon. i work in Maspeth, notoriously known for getting hand-me-downs, and our equipment isn't bad. we may have some trucks with the a/c down but overall i feel we got pretty good stuff. now if management just keep the same guy in the same truck, some of the eq would look better. one other thing, would you prefer the company spending $ on new eq while laying off people because they need the extra $ for our new rides ? last time i checked both YRC & ABF have started with layoffs in certain parts of the country and they got some new wheels. just something for you to think about.

i here money that was being put back for new equipment was spent getting back the titles to all of our equipment that yrcw put up for hock to save there worthless ass. were are supposed to own all of our equipment again. we also bought a batch of new forklifts. our shop at #03 is constinely fixeing trailers new everything they might need. we don't need new stuff to make a profit. just good peope to do the job the npme way.bye the way merry christmas npme people.

Not to step on your thread I'm former Roadway now driving a yellow tractor it came from Maspeth. Has 1,355,000 miles on it and YES maint. kept up.(new clutch,brake pads etc). Runs great! I work on L.I. Mech. fixes all write ups and PM's done on time. Give it a chance.

terminals i don'tknow about, other than npme does have first right of refusal on them.meaning when lease is up we can buy them back before say duie pyle just moves in and throws us out. still sucks haveing to buy them back,but were still pretty busy for this time of year ,most terminals are still trying to hire people. could be alot worse.

Out here on L.I. very busy @40 bills go to cartage a day(I go there every day). Need to hire only problem is not many qualified. Can't get Hazmat endorcement(federal background check).

terminals i don'tknow about, other than npme does have first right of refusal on them.meaning when lease is up we can buy them back before say duie pyle just moves in and throws us out. still sucks haveing to buy them back,but were still pretty busy for this time of year ,most terminals are still trying to hire people. could be alot worse.

I dont know about that, Duie didnt buy them just to sell them back after the 10 year lease. I cant see that any of the carriers that bought any YRC terminals ( YRC,NPME,Holland,Redaway) would have to give them up and sell them back at the end of the lease. It just makes no sense, collect rent for 10 years and sell them back- just dont see it.

I dont know about that, Duie didnt buy them just to sell them back after the 10 year lease. I cant see that any of the carriers that bought any YRC terminals ( YRC,NPME,Holland,Redaway) would have to give them up and sell them back at the end of the lease. It just makes no sense, collect rent for 10 years and sell them back- just dont see it.
Thats y its called a lease buy back at the end the seller can "buy back"the property.

Thats y its called a lease buy back at the end the seller can "buy back"the property.

Ok, that makes sense. Collect rent for ten years then sell back for a profit. Probally better than interest than you could make these days. But will YRC want to/ afford to buy back at the end of leases ?? I know they already gave up 2 to Duie and paid a lease breakup fee.

yrc needed the cash to keep from closeing the doors. duie was betting like everyone else that yrcw would close. thus giving them the 3 npme terminals they bought and leased back. in 10yrs time npme will probably have bought terminals back 2.5 times and thats before they have to pay at end of lease. duie will probaly make a ton of cash on these deals.

I believe np/yrc has the first option to buy back the terminals IF adp decides to sell them. If I remember right there is also another 10 year lease option.