Holland | Equipment on the move!!!!!

Griz

TB Veteran
Credits
Any other barns losing equipment? The situation here (Memphis) is that we are losing at least 7 x-Dugan (International single axles) to YRCW. Word is they are going to Joliet for placement within YRCW with Roadway recieving the most for city operation. Also selling all the old trl's against the fence. YRC told us a few months ago either use it or lose it. Guess what were losing some nice city (32208) series trucks and keeping the (5300) series for city use. My question is why did they rebrand all those tractors in the first place. Another brain storm down the toilet. GRIZZ

Crazy I don't know how to take your response to my post. I guess I'll have to agree with you. We use about 8 of Dugan's old trl's as storage. I got a ? for ya. How's that interline frt working out? Since Holland has taken their focus off the interline segment and refocused on what made HMES a sucessfull co, our o/r & service has returned to the levels that enable us to compete. GRIZZ

Our terminal still gets quite a bit from USF and we still do alot outbound.Although we still do not pick up for holland, just the inbound.I quess they figure we can't handle it and I am beginning to believe them.I don't know how hard it is to get drivers in the midwest but here in the east its like there are non existant.cant find them anywhere.but then again who wants to start at 16 an hour.dollar bill says he wants to start contract talks with the IBT early I do hope that this progressive scale is on the table and it is removed. CRAZY

Amen brother!!! Thats the first question asked when I try to recruit a driver. Crazy I take it your a city man. The driver situation is so bad down here were having to send young men to Atlanta for training. There's just no appeal to the non's to work the casual time before getting on regular. Later GRIZZ

Here in Kc and Joplin were losing several city units but we are being told they are going to Bestway and they are giving us some older equipment in exchange.

We got rid of a bunch of city units. The shop said that they had to fix the AC in all of them.
Don't know where they were going. They were mostly if not all holland trucks.
Come to think of it I haven't pulled an x dugan trailer in quite a while.