FedEx Freight | Equipment specifications

Richard Cranium

TB Legend
Credits
The tragedy thread was not the place to bring this up, but....
I am surmising that the two Ground drivers were out of their trucks on the driver's side of the equipment attempting to switch out the tractor. Again, a guess on my part, but those two tractors were not that badly damaged.
I also recall that a couple of Freight drivers were in a similar situation trying to break up a set on the side of the Highway with one being killed and the other horribly injured. Do we really need to have landing gear handles and fifth wheel pins on the driver's side? I know it must take at least another 30 seconds to get around to the other side, and all those 30 seconds add up to some money, but....
How much is a life worth?

Fair point.

How about some education on proper placement of emergency triangles? I'm amazed at the ignorance when observing trucks broke down on the shoulder. It's extremely rare to see them placed properly, if used at all.
:ranting2:

Fair point.

How about some education on proper placement of emergency triangles? I'm amazed at the ignorance when observing trucks broke down on the shoulder. It's extremely rare to see them placed properly, if used at all.
:ranting2:
You there are instructions on the inside of the lid on the red box to tell you the proper placement?

The tragedy thread was not the place to bring this up, but....
I am surmising that the two Ground drivers were out of their trucks on the driver's side of the equipment attempting to switch out the tractor. Again, a guess on my part, but those two tractors were not that badly damaged.
I also recall that a couple of Freight drivers were in a similar situation trying to break up a set on the side of the Highway with one being killed and the other horribly injured. Do we really need to have landing gear handles and fifth wheel pins on the driver's side? I know it must take at least another 30 seconds to get around to the other side, and all those 30 seconds add up to some money, but....
How much is a life worth?
I, for one, am not a fan of the landing gear on the curb side but like Swampy stated, I also know how to properly use my triangles.

The last time I had to swap trucks on the side of the road, I properly placed my triangles and I waited until the next driver/tow truck to show up and one of us stood on the shoulder past my triangles waving something to warn motorist to get over while the other preformed his duty, then we swapped places while the other did their job. I NEVER turn my back to oncoming traffic, there’s just to many idiots on the highways!!

I, for one, am not a fan of the landing gear on the curb side but like Swampy stated, I also know how to properly use my triangles.

The last time I had to swap trucks on the side of the road, I properly placed my triangles and I waited until the next driver/tow truck to show up and one of us stood on the shoulder past my triangles waving something to warn motorist to get over while the other preformed his duty, then we swapped places while the other did their job. I NEVER turn my back to oncoming traffic, there’s just to many idiots on the highways!!
Do you really think triangles, on the ground or being waved would have made a difference?
Look at the hit on that trailer.
The triangle waver might have got out of the way but the person at the landing gear is still dead.

Do you really think triangles, on the ground or being waved would have made a difference?
The triangle waver might have got out of the way but the person at the landing gear is still dead.
Sorry, I didn’t click the link. I was just commenting on my own personal experiences.

You there are instructions on the inside of the lid on the red box to tell you the proper placement?
Never noticed, but that is very good to know. I thought it was basic knowledge that on a divided road, proper placement is 10', 100', and 200'. Also, to be placed within 10 minutes of stopping.

I've seen every boneheaded configuration imaginable. Almost never correct.

Don't take this personal, please. It is very possible that the method Red mentioned MAY have gotten the driver's attention, if he was actually awake. Keywords possible and MAY.

Don't take this personal, please. It is very possible that the method Red mentioned MAY have gotten the driver's attention, if he was actually awake. Keywords possible and MAY.
No problem. Personally I think the other driver was doing a very serious study of the back side of his eyelids.
My personal go to method of getting someone's attention when they aren't close enough to smack them up side the head is to use my 1100 lumen Streamlight on strobe.

Never noticed, but that is very good to know. I thought it was basic knowledge that on a divided road, proper placement is 10', 100', and 200'. Also, to be placed within 10 minutes of stopping.

I've seen every boneheaded configuration imaginable. Almost never correct.
You mean like the 10, 15, 20 foot placement? AKA,the I have no clue how to place these?