ODFL | Equipment Updates

Grumpy O' Man

TB Veteran
Credits
Latest on Volvo's, testing a couple new daycabs with disc brakes, Blindspot Alert and Space Management Systems.Also,heard that they have ordered 50 new Kenworth's.Still testing the new Freightliners and haven't heard much with it

Last edited:
i will agree to a camera in the truck as long as every manager and salesperson gets one in their company vehicle too right? I would also like to see the offices and mangers have work with a camera over their should like the dockworkers do.

It's non-negotiable.

Glad to see they're not giving up on the KW's after KW really came to the table on the leases to try them. My thinking is they're buying a handful seeing that there's less maintenance from what I've heard. Surprised we are not hearing more on how these redesigned Freightliner's are treating out.

Glad to see they're not giving up on the KW's after KW really came to the table on the leases to try them. My thinking is they're buying a handful seeing that there's less maintenance from what I've heard. Surprised we are not hearing more on how these redesigned Freightliner's are treating out.
The driver who has the one here love's it and haven't noticed it in the shop at all.

I love KW and I hope we make a long term investment in getting more of them. We don't have any in ATL and I'm hoping we get some.

Agreed. I'm hoping we see some new tractors here in PHX, especially the KW's. We haven't seen a new tractor in a year. That way I can hopefully get me a hand me down 16' lol.

Reactions: Ump
Agreed. I'm hoping we see some new tractors here in PHX, especially the KW's. We haven't seen a new tractor in a year. That way I can hopefully get me a hand me down 16' lol.
16's are terrible!!! My fuel millage is worse then my 13 and we all know the power issues. They are quite and smooth however...which is good because you're gonna be spending more time in it..lol

16's are terrible!!! My fuel millage is worse then my 13 and we all know the power issues. They are quite and smooth however...which is good because you're gonna be spending more time in it..lol

I just got back from a 626 mile round trip run to RTO ( Rialto, CA) and was fairly heavy both ways, and averaged out right at 7.0 MPG in a 16' Freightshaker. Not terrible, but I've gotten better with my assigned 12' on some shorter runs. The 16's with the DD are gutless tho, and man the seats are hard as a rock. I think my butt fell asleep about 500 miles into the run lol.