ODFL | Equipment Updates

What he said, DD15 and the ISX Cummins. Our problem is how they're geared and I think they've got them in economy mode because the throttle delay is horrible, especially on the DD15.
Yeah out 15 have no pull in 10th the 16s manual pull pretty good, but the autos and 17 auto have no pull in 12th. Most guys I know just leave it in manual the hell with mileage. I'm just trying to hold onto my 12 Volvo but the odometer just hit 651k gotta preplan my next move.

Yeah out 15 have no pull in 10th the 16s manual pull pretty good, but the autos and 17 auto have no pull in 12th. Most guys I know just leave it in manual the hell with mileage. I'm just trying to hold onto my 12 Volvo but the odometer just hit 651k gotta preplan my next move.

I feel ya, it's miserable having a truck that won't pull

I feel ya, it's miserable having a truck that won't pull
I don't know what the hell they're doing to spec the trucks so badly. It seems like nobody running a new truck at any carrier likes them, for the same reasons.

My 2013 KW T660 has a 485 ISX, 13 speed manual and 3.70 rear end. It pulls like a champion and still gets good fuel economy.

I don't know what the hell they're doing to spec the trucks so badly. It seems like nobody running a new truck at any carrier likes them, for the same reasons.

My 2013 KW T660 has a 485 ISX, 13 speed manual and 3.70 rear end. It pulls like a champion and still gets good fuel economy.

I think they've programmed an economy mode into these motors like the economy button on a car (my Chrysler Town and Country has one) and these carriers are running their trucks in economy thinking they are saving money. They aren't. I'm just like you, I've gotten as good or better economy out of a 2013 than with the new ones. Of course the EPA mandated castrations of these motors isn't helping either.

Drove a '17 yesterday, it pulled good, but they still have the throttle lag with the cruise. Speed drops to 60 before it kicks in but it pulled harder than the 16s when it did pull.

Reactions: Ump
Seems as if there's no real consistency on what's gonna run and pull and what isn't. I was pretty happy with the Cummins equipped'13 I was running. It was replaced wita '17 Detroit equipped FL, that actually pulls better than the Cummins did(knocks about 5 minutes off my trip times) most all of our ISX's were replaced in the past year at my barn everyone seems happy with them.

Reactions: Ump
No. Just figured I'd post a random reply, in a random thread, under a random company...

This forum is for old dominion drivers, one of the nations biggest and most successful LTL carriers. There's two kinds of drivers: those that work for od and those that want to work for od.