ODFL | Equipment Updates

Well, have 698 mile run. 16 or 17's take 15 minutes longer on average going out than 13 cummins, drop off quicker, and down shift more. Most of this is hills on 1st 60 miles of run. Be more if didn't hold foot on floor, due to cruise. Speed was same. 98% come back with empties, so time is same if not using cruise. Know why the switch, cummins got 1 to 1.5 miles less per gallon. My 17 has been towed 5 times in 2 months, (same def issue shut down problem) driven 10 days in last 9 weeks. Maybe now it wont go down for awhile, went to Freightliner the last time. Felt bad for switch out guy, 3 times it didn't make it 50 miles out of KCY shop. 2 Sister tractors have been towed, same problem, yet to give you an idea, have 50,000 more miles than mine, had same when we got them. I just got a lemon. 3 years we had my 13, never towed. Lucky? So, I'll have an uncertain feeling for awhile, and pack my cap machine daily.

Wrong on that one Bud!!! My company does not own me!!!

At OD you will bleed green. Your whole family will wear OD shirts and camo hoodies when you go out on your weekends. Every time OD post a FB message, you will respond with what terminal you're out of and how great the company is. Never Forget!

At OD you will bleed green. Your whole family will wear OD shirts and camo hoodies when you go out on your weekends. Every time OD post a FB message, you will respond with what terminal you're out of and how great the company is. Never Forget!
I am happy for you, That Doesn't mean that everyone else want to drive for them.

This is the most desired trucking outfit in the country. There's not a dock I pull up to without hearing from another competitor if we're hiring.
Like I said, I am happy for you, But what is good for one I'd not always good for another. My opinion is that they don't care about your time off, when your 34 is up you will be there and ready to go . the clock starts when you roll in the gate. I like a company that is more concerned about your home time and your family. It is not all about the almighty dollar in my book. I have a good friend that worked there and he claims that they would have you come in and pick rocks out of the tire treads if nothing else. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that they provide you work . I have a life outside of a truck.

Like I said, I am happy for you, But what is good for one I'd not always good for another. My opinion is that they don't care about your time off, when your 34 is up you will be there and ready to go . the clock starts when you roll in the gate. I like a company that is more concerned about your home time and your family. It is not all about the almighty dollar in my book. I have a good friend that worked there and he claims that they would have you come in and pick rocks out of the tire treads if nothing else. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that they provide you work . I have a life outside of a truck.

Your friend is right, if you injure yourself moving OD's improperly loaded crap freight that's exactly what the TM will have you come in to do on light duty. No sense trying to stay home and heal.

No. Just figured I'd post a random reply, in a random thread, under a random company...
Right...because we never have visitors from other trucking outfits post here. And OD is the only company that buys Freightliners. Wtf was I thinking. It was a simple question asked because at my barn all new Freightliners have Detroit's and we where told they wouldn't put Cummings in them.

So in other words a simple "yes" would have sufficed.

Been hearing persistent rumors that the KW's are going to be more widely seen throughout our system in the coming months/years. One of the sources is a chair warmer within our barn however, so I'll remain a skeptic for the time being.

Been hearing persistent rumors that the KW's are going to be more widely seen throughout our system in the coming months/years. One of the sources is a chair warmer within our barn however, so I'll remain a skeptic for the time being.

Some idiot at our place said we're suppose to get 50.

Cummings, Detroit diesel they are all good engines. They are set for fuel economy. This is the way the carriers want them, which makes them run like a dog. If you where to run these engines with no restrictions, they would have all the power you would need.

Reactions: Ump
Cummings, Detroit diesel they are all good engines. They are set for fuel economy. This is the way the carriers want them, which makes them run like a dog. If you where to run these engines with no restrictions, they would have all the power you would need.
This is true, but we know that's not gonna happen. So with the specs set the way they are, I'll take a red over a gray right now.

One of our drivers in SAC has a meet partner who sent him a pic of about 30 or 40 New tractors in PDX.On our inventory we're showing about 10 or 20 225 series tractors.City power like an XPO 478/578 series Freightliner with automatic.Not sure how I feel about that one.And those trucks Will probably be spread around.

One of our drivers in SAC has a meet partner who sent him a pic of about 30 or 40 New tractors in PDX.On our inventory we're showing about 10 or 20 225 series tractors.City power like an XPO 478/578 series Freightliner with automatic.Not sure how I feel about that one.And those trucks Will probably be spread around.

I drove one of those little city jobs the other day. They're good in the Seattle area. But as usual our nasty drivers trashed them on the inside already.

I drove one of those little city jobs the other day. They're good in the Seattle area. But as usual our nasty drivers trashed them on the inside already.
We have one.Its assigned to the top P&D guy about a year ago.After further review its a 2058xx.So wasn't sure what a 225 Was.This morning 2 tractors come rolling in.One towing the other.They are Cascadians.Not sure if the motor though.Detroit?

We had several here.But,they were sent out. Something about fuel mileage.They are Ok.Don't like that don't have power windows.Seems to me they cut Alot out on those truck's.They are not 80,000 truck's and they have a smaller fuel tank

We had several here.But,they were sent out. Something about fuel mileage.They are Ok.Don't like that don't have power windows.Seems to me they cut Alot out on those truck's.They are not 80,000 truck's and they have a smaller fuel tank

I hope everyone in the city is checking their cab card to see what their unit is licensed for. If it has an elite pass it's a safe bet it's a road unit and licensed for 80, if not it's probably only licensed for 50. That would probably equate to 30k of freight in a van into the city. You get checked at a chicken coop or on a set of portables and that cab card only says 50, even if that unit is a downgraded road unit your ass is toast, just like being over 80k on the big road. Big fine and you're sitting right where you are until someone comes and takes off some freight. Hold your city ops feet to the fire on this because they don't know or care and it's not their license in jeopardy.

I hope everyone in the city is checking their cab card to see what their unit is licensed for. If it has an elite pass it's a safe bet it's a road unit and licensed for 80, if not it's probably only licensed for 50. That would probably equate to 30k of freight in a van into the city. You get checked at a chicken coop or on a set of portables and that cab card only says 50, even if that unit is a downgraded road unit your ass is toast, just like being over 80k on the big road. Big fine and you're sitting right where you are until someone comes and takes off some freight. Hold your city ops feet to the fire on this because they don't know or care and it's not their license in jeopardy.
Yep,they started decreasing weight's to 50,000 several years ago.Got'a save money some where.Most driver's never had a clue.lol