Equipment Updates

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Freight Line' started by kenneth, Jan 6, 2017.

1. BillyLo

BillyLo Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion

Sure ain't no plastic piece of junk that's on the roads these days. New trucks are made so cdl school flunkies from Swift and OD can easily drive them. Surprised we ain't gone automatic yet with how bad our guys tear up the gears.

2. seabreeze

seabreeze Not Well Known Member, 60 Year Teamster Member

Didn't think you knew about a real truck.
    Get a little more experience and if Wong or BRG marks off, BD may let you run an extra weekend trip on the Gold Hotel.

3. BillyLo

Don't need no union man to tell me what to do, you guys are so lazy at driving truck you hire crst to move your freight for you.

4. flybynite

flybynite Well-Known Member

Billy's little red Radio Flyer wagon.

seabreeze and Songremainsthesame like this.
  5. flybynite

I'm sorry but you must be miserable with your life. Let's see, new drivers, union drivers, line drivers, are all worthless in your opinion. Unbelievable.

6. BillyLo

Let's face it, I'm one of the last old school drivers out here with all you clueless newbs.

7. flybynite

You're a clown!!!!! What makes you and I different is you put everyone down, like you are the greatest. Myself I try to explain and help new drivers. I mean after all, we all can't be super truckers like you. You remind me of those gypo drivers, bragging about all of their experience, but pucker up going down Salem hill.

8. seabreeze

seabreeze Not Well Known Member, 60 Year Teamster Member

I think maybe "OLD SCHOOL's" got his lip poked out a little, can't decide if BD flat turned him down
    or he's pouting because Wong or BRG won't mark off and let him run a CRST weekend trip.
    Which is it "OLD SCHOOL"?

troubleman84 and flybynite like this.
  9. Canadian Flyer

Canadian Flyer They Call Me CF, Eh

Aw, don't let Billy get under your skin. He's a hero with his daily city peddle out there in Billyland. He just thinks everyone else is an idiot, lazy or both compared to him. Don't let it bother you.

troubleman84, flybynite and seabreeze like this.
  10. 1 Lone Ranger

1 Lone Ranger Active Member

In Sacramento yesterday we got 4 new 2019 Freightliners and 4 more today.Tried to post a pic from my phone but the function doesn't work or I'm doing it wrong.

Those bumpers ARE going to be a killer.Changed the dome lights around and all LED.And a different dashboard. Went back to BLU on a dash mounted bracket instead of flush mount.

11. kenneth

kenneth Well-Known Member

Yep,those bumper skirt's are not going to last long for sure.They are removable.

12. 1 Lone Ranger

Before they bolted on the fairings and such it almost look like it was by design some kind of air induction/intake assembly on the front.

13. 1 Lone Ranger

Drive one this last week.I guess after having driven an '18 this one doesn't shift that different.Still a little tight.The CMS is incorporated in the center display screen which toggles kind of like that orange screen on a Volvo.The new dash is different.Cup holders are way low.Cant set me phone up like I did before on the little ledge next to the cup holder.Seems to pull ok.I was pretty heavy but don't have a lot of hills to pull on my route.