FedEx Freight | Ergonomics

WornOut

TB Lurker
Credits
Just a thought from my fellow drivers....I have to go to the chiropractor ever so often to get adjusted because of the condition of my back, have you guys ever thought about the repetitive motion that we do every day? I mean I get into my routine, and I grab the same handles with the same hands every time, all day long. Have yall ever though about switching hands or footing, to even out the strain on your bodies? I mean its got to do something, the same pull on the same parts of your body, I would dare to say thats probably why the same disks in my back get out of line. Think about the amount of times you open a trailer door in a day....climb in and out of the trailer, in the cab....pull on a pallet jack. My doctor said my bottom disk in my back is degenerated, simply because of all the years of working freight. And those tractor seats bottoming out on those potholes.....

My DC told me not to carry my wallet in my back pants pocket. It throws the pelvis/hips/lower back out of place because of the uneven sitting postion it places you in.

Beleave it or not I have been seeing chiropractor for the last 23 years and I'm still on my feet.Many things in life will upset your back and many that you don't even think or now about.Every sound and vibration that comes from a truck efects Your body in some way not useualy not in a friendly way and thats a fact you can count on!

Nobody ever thinks about the strain put on your eyes. Especially a night time road driver. Think of the damage to your bodies after years and years of trucking.:shades:

Just don't say workers comp , then the company will have to treat like a second class citizens because we don't do anything that we could get hurt doing.:hysterical:

Mike01 said:
My DC told me not to carry my wallet in my back pants pocket. It throws the pelvis/hips/lower back out of place because of the uneven sitting postion it places you in.
i dont have to worry about that my wallett is skinny!! and full of moths.

Funny you posted this. I just had to go to the dr.s today because of my back. He said its just wore out from 22 years of what i do. Im busted but i ain't broke. He said i had to deal with it or get operated on. I still remember recouping he freight that did it. It only takes one time and i was rushing. l may pay for this the rest of my life.

Like I said it is workers comp but don't go there . Last time and the only time in my 30 years of driving I was on workers comp the person who I will not name from general office FXFE (*****) called me every other day and asked where I was , it got to the point that my lawyer was going to take action against her , by the way I had p/t every other day but she insisted that I was lying about the whole thing , she could ask anybody where I was since it was all documented also every time she called me along with my ccm , it was all on paper , all the times and what was said to me by them I wrote down and keep exact records , I guess they think being a stupid truck driver we would not think of that . I had a strong case against them for harassment . I flexed my info and this woman does not not work in that dept in general offices any more. We are human we do a very hard job , hand unloads , bad weather what ever , tell me that the people that sit in GO don't bleed red like us , I guess not , they never have to get hurt doing the job we have unless there is a pin in the chair and you can't wipe your butt....

smokestack i know where you are coming from on the harrashment from the lady in the G.O. she did me the same way when i was out hurt she would call once a day or every other day and call the doctor which i figured was a company doctor and she raise cane with him trying to get him to put me back to work finally the doctor told her not to call his office know more that i was nder his care and he would send me back when he thought i was ready, never heard from her know more. what get"s me is how quick they can find somthing for you to do around the terminal to get you back on light duty when you are hurt on the job but get hurt off the job and all they say is dont come back to work until you have a doctors note saying you are a 100% maybe they need to invest in a dock load of robots........

10 speed said:
what get"s me is how quick they can find somthing for you to do around the terminal to get you back on light duty when you are hurt on the job but get hurt off the job and all they say is dont come back to work until you have a doctors note saying you are a 100% maybe they need to invest in a dock load of robots........

That's so they can show thier on the job lost time injury rate is lower. Supposedly makes them look better. UPS does the same thing

I would imagine every company does it. Dont know for sure, but it probably lowers thier worker's comp insurance too.

hillbilly frog said:
I wonder if NPME does it. Seems like a fellow we both know missed a lot of time there.

Ohhh he will love that !:nutkick:
Nice one HBF.....

Those people in GO must not work there any more, we had a guy milk workers comp a couple of times, he was off almost a year I know,......he did it several times, and I dont know if he was harrassed or not. Hes a cry baby anyway. Its true this occupation will wear your body out....I know guys that have had surgery and they were never the same, my chiro says never to have surgery, also we had a guy that was milking a shoulder injury, and they told him to come back to work, or he was fired, then they fired him, but he was trying to get fired I think.

The case workers that are assigned to a compensation claim need to be trained as much or more than we are. Also you are eligible for the cobra plan after six months on comp. Hurt in the line of duty.