Holland | Escape YRC?

I just read in the article "anatomy of a turnaround Yrc worldwide " from 2/2015 the liabilities were around 10 billion.You are correct.Its an interesting article if you haven't already read it.
I have read it. Kind of hard to read things like that. It is kind of like watching your house burn down a second time. Had to live thru it the first time and that was painful enough. ( lol)

I honestly don't think it's the yardmen draining money from YRCW. How many yardmen actually work at any given terminal per shift???

I like getting to a terminal at the end of a shift, and being able to get out and go to the Hotel. I like coming out of the hotel and walking to a fueled up, ready to go truck.

I keep my truck clean as well, part of being a professional, as well as respect for the next guy. My fuel tanks don't need to be shined, I'm not working at a shiny wheel, chicken hauler company. My truck works almost 24 hours a day between my linehaul and the city guys. Some other LTL's don't use linehaul tractors for city work.

Throwing fellow Teamsters under the bus, isn't going to help. Better decisions from management at Overland Park will.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't think it's the yardmen draining money from YRCW. How many yardmen actually work at any given terminal per shift???

I like getting to a terminal at the end of a shift, and being able to get out and go to the Hotel. I like coming out of the hotel and walking to a fueled up, ready to go truck.

I keep my truck clean as well, part of being a professional, as well as respect for the next guy. My fuel tanks don't need to be shined, I'm not working at a shiny wheel, chicken hauler company. My truck works almost 24 hours a day between my linehaul and the city guys. Some other LTL's don't use linehaul tractors for city work.

Throwing fellow Teamsters under the bus, isn't going to help. Better decisions from management at Overland Park will.

I thought you had a bunch of chrome on your sterling, and chicken lights too??

Funny :::shit::: we had a city guy paint wheels grey then white put lug nut covers and tint windows all on international. An IN driver came thru picked it up enroute to IN. The shop took everything off repainted rims orange and sent it back down the road and gave driver a letter.

It's funny how they don't ever wash anything and barely maintain anything but they're quick to de-modify one. I saw pictures of that truck. It was clean and looked nice. They should have sent him a thank you letter if anything.

Tph01Dk.jpg

I think they should have fired the driver on the spot. How dare he tarnish the YRC pride of dirt and slime.! It took years of effort to get this way. No duct tape showing.???

It doesn't cause congestion at any other freight company, not sure why it would here if the city guys fuel it after they're done for the day. I do not run days all the time but when I do I run into silly things like "you can do your drop and hook yourself but you can't fuel it yourself". Wether the "yard guy" feels like switching me out is another factor, it's consistently different. That's just my personal opinion.
i agree Fruit. If any of you guys have friends working line haul at CW, OD, or FX, ask them what jobs they perform while at the terminal. It is everything that is asked of them from fueling, spotting, hooking and breaking, etc. It is good utilization of man hours, just like UPS.

Efficiency is where the profit is at.

:1036316054:

Either get streamlined and efficient, or disappear like the dinosaurs. :6799:
UPS and UPSF just always has you doing something productive. So they make big profits and have the $$$$ to pay the top wages in the industry. Doubt they hear anyone saying, "that's not my job."