Holland | Escape YRC?

When a driver returns to the yard and drops/hooks and fuels their unit themselves, there is zero chance for inefficiency. When you park it and someone else does those things, there is room for delay etc.etc. The Union and the companies need to figure out a way to streamline their efforts for efficiency, and where nobody gets shafted out of money either or their position. It can be done IMO.

When a driver returns to the yard and drops/hooks and fuels their unit themselves, there is zero chance for inefficiency. When you park it and someone else does those things, there is room for delay etc.etc. The Union and the companies need to figure out a way to streamline their efforts for efficiency, and where nobody gets shafted out of money either or their position. It can be done IMO.
I agree every other freight carrier that runs laydown bids or open board has there drivers take truck to hotel. That way driver does all fuel and hooks/drops and keeps tractors from being torn to hell in the city. Unless your at home terminal and city man drives it then. Then Jamie would say it cost too much to supply regionals with more tractors.

I agree every other freight carrier that runs laydown bids or open board has there drivers take truck to hotel. That way driver does all fuel and hooks/drops and keeps tractors from being torn to hell in the city. Unless your at home terminal and city man drives it then. Then Jamie would say it cost too much to supply regionals with more tractors.
That would put yard/fuelman if at that terminal would go to dock, city, and road and would help a little bit with driver shortage. Those guys would just be pissed they can't lay around in yard shack and look at p*on mags in down time.

Maybe its the road drivers that are tearing the hell out of city tractors at night. The biggest, fattest, laziest, slobs in the company are road drivers. Stop taking the city man's truck out at night and trashing it.

i agree Fruit. If any of you guys have friends working line haul at CW, OD, or FX, ask them what jobs they perform while at the terminal. It is everything that is asked of them from fueling, spotting, hooking and breaking, etc. It is good utilization of man hours, just like UPS.
This would require the linehaul drivers to learn how to back up with a trailer. Also the sudden requirement of physical exertion, would result in a spike in work comp claims.

Maybe its the road drivers that are tearing the hell out of city tractors at night. The biggest, fattest, laziest, slobs in the company are road drivers. Stop taking the city man's truck out at night and trashing it.
Lol that was funny. I wouldn't want a city tractor unless an 21 series. I keep my tractor clean inside and leave slip box for city man who thinks he is too good to drive a sterling.

I remember one road unit it was so nasty the unit was left for the junior man in the yard to drop out and fuel. It was like a porta-john out in the sun for a month. We use to take bets to see how long a new city guy would jump up and sit in it.! We figured out that it was one of those I get 600 miles a night or I'm in the office telling them to layoff so I can get mine, type of guys. I guess he couldn't pull over and kick the tires.! When I was on line haul, my door pouch was the place for a city man's chicken bones and half eaten sandwiches.

I guess it was the same group of morons who would use the windshield brush on their fuel tanks because they had the right to do so.! Now with the you start at 70% minus 15% with a 25% pension until it expires, have to be getting the cream of the crop. I always left the truck the way I found it, it isn't that hard.

I was in LE and city guy left takeout plate soda cans and napkins all in the truck. I just nicely pulled up to the front made u turn so I could have driver door at ramp and kicked all the ::shit:: out right there. Told yard man who was looking at me crazy to tell the man who drive The truck assigned to me operate that he can pickup his trash right here.

As a road driver I found if you take a chocolate bar with peanuts and rub it on the bottom seat cushion when you were done for the night the city guys wouldn't use your tractor. Another effective trick was to leave a old pair of underwear with the same chocolate treatment on the floor. :shhit:

We had a yard guy at our barn that always wore blue latex medical gloves, he said there was no way he was touching the steering wheel of a road tractor with bare hands not knowing where the road driver had his hands.

That would put yard/fuelman if at that terminal would go to dock, city, and road and would help a little bit with driver shortage. Those guys would just be pissed they can't lay around in yard shack and look at p*on mags in down time.
At most YRC barns, spotters are allowed 2, one hour reading breaks per 8 hours, and 1 more if on OT¡

Cheer up maybe they will merge it all under one roof
Go read the history of Yellow and the way they operate.
The only company to walk away with their operation still intact is SAIA. The rest were cherry picked and the rest left to rot.
Always wondered why SAIA was not pillaged ........
Can you give me the lottery numbers??? You called it.