Estes | Estes and Growing!

FX Sam

TB Regular
Credits
I have heard a secret that you guys are gearing up to over take some major companys real soon, not buying them just offering a price to get the freight that will double or triple the size Estes is now. Any truth to this? I know Estes is buying every terminal in site and buying a ::shit:: load of tractors also.

What gives here?

Are you inviting us to come and play TP? I would love to,but I've got a butt on the barby and it's about to burn. You know those butts, they don't like to be burnt.

I have heard a secret that you guys are gearing up to over take some major companys real soon, not buying them just offering a price to get the freight that will double or triple the size Estes is now. Any truth to this? I know Estes is buying every terminal in site and buying a ::shit:: load of tractors also.

What gives here?

If they aim to get bigger, they'll never do it without good drivers that are willing to run at night, drive spring ride daycabs, stay in nasty bunkholes, be gone all week from home, run the northeast and have a good record. I know drivers are a dime a dozen now with the economy the way it is but alot of folks already worked out their financing where they don't need to run 600 miles a night and stay at some ghetto inn at Long Island anymore. I do agree. Something big is about to happen.

Money doesnt guarantee you freight,service does,you cant just overtake a company and think your just gonna have freight fall in your lap.

and Estes never seems to want to be the biggest. I think we are just growing into what was built. we are a 48 state LTL outfit. no not Bill Cox's outfit. Rob Estes's outfit.
"poor little fellar"

I will say this about Estes, they do a good service and are well liked. Their damages were/are a bit out of controll but I seem to think it was a growing pain when they went 48 state. Finding drivers will not be a problem as long as the "Y" guys from YRC do not have the Attitude! Lots of good drivers are on layoff from many companys and Estes pays well enough to retain and obtain the good ones.

Estes is a top class company, run well and has the cash to do it unlike many or most others out there. Good Luck Estes I do wish you guys well and hope your company knows what it is doiing unlike many other ones today.

Rob aint no dummy

Estes is a top class company, run well and has the cash to do it unlike many or most others out there. Good Luck Estes I do wish you guys well and hope your company knows what it is doiing unlike many other ones today.

Rob aint no dummy

I think Rob is a good man. Just like many other successful buisness owners out there. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to run a buisness. I read the memos and I can tell he puts the lord first. I bet behind closed doors he puts plenty of his earnings where it's supossed to go. I bet he lets his heart decide what needs to be done first. I doubt earning money is the first thing on Robs mind every day. It's the same story with many other successful buisness owners out there. Hershey, Chickfla, Quaker Oats, Heinze, J.D. Rockerfeller, Disney and the list goes on..........Legacy

Over the past month or so, I've been seeing alot of new freight. Along with alot more HD freight. I really think they're finally pushing to diversify the freight mix, now it'll just be up to us to keep that freight on our trucks. We could def use a little morale boost here @ 024..maybe a little attaboy or something. When things go great and we really push the freight through the dock, it seems management wants to take all the credit. When the dirtiest their hands get is from wiping their butts. Yet as soon as things start dipping down, we're the problem. We're all trying to accomplish the same thing, and to that.. I want to let you all know you're doing a hell of a job. Now if we can just get some praise rolling downhill instead of the usual ::shit:: , we might just get somewhere.

If they do plan on picking up a bunch of freight somehow/where... how many of us are going to need a larger facility? I know 024 is.

never seen a trucking company grow just by computers sitting on the dock.
its all the people !!! I have never worked with a bunch of people like whats at Estes. sure there are some arguments but for the most part we are family and even you fist fight with your brothers from time to time. but at the end of the day we are all in it together.

Thank you E4E. And here's some flowers for you. Every time our teams go to 024, they have the highest compliments about your staff. Always nice and friendly.I run a bid run, so I don't see all the terminals.But they do and they really like the people up there. A little southern hospitality in the great northeast. Thanks for your kind words.

Oh, check out the recipe thread we got going. It's going to be"oh, it's so good".

tell me the terminal number for west middlesex pa please, that is where i want to be if they start hiring. my days at holland are over,good times there but i am smelling the roses now.

thank you,worked there 12 years with preston,drove up last tuesday not taking apps,but i will keep trying. thanks again.

You should watch Work4Estes, that's how I got on. From talking to my boss, don't need to really bother with the online app, that just triggers something from HR to the terminal, as soon as the job is posted you need to go to the terminal and fill out app, which is what they'll tell you to do anyways after filling out online. But I do know that the online job board is updated weekly with nationwide positions.

Good Luck:clap:

I applyed on-line and then went down and filled out an app. got on working city so the first week here i was 3 days into traing with a city driver. when my phone rang. IT WAS ESTES telling me they likied my app and i needed to fill one out in Kansas City. I told her good thing cause I'm already working for you guys

I applyed on-line and then went down and filled out an app. got on working city so the first week here i was 3 days into traing with a city driver. when my phone rang. IT WAS ESTES telling me they likied my app and i needed to fill one out in Kansas City. I told her good thing cause I'm already working for you guys

That's too funny! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

I think that answers the question about all the equipment we're buying.Freight has really picked up here in the south. Out of the five trailers I brought back last week from 135,none had less than 40 bills on it. We have 2 runs that pull out of 135 and both were full. We have been averaging 10 trailers a day at our barn,and it's small.Around 160 to 200 bills inbound per day.3 l/h and 2 hub runs.Things just may be looking up guys. Thanks Rob,general office and sales for your hard work. All of us appreciate it deeply.