Estes | Estes and Lakeville Agree to Dissolve Alliance, Allowing Estes to Grow in Midwest

CFer

TB Veteran
Credits
RICHMOND, Va.----On March 1, 2008, Estes Express Lines and Lakeville Motor Express will amicably dissolve the alliance they have maintained for 12 years through the ExpressLINK network.

More...

RICHMOND, Va.----On March 1, 2008, Estes Express Lines and Lakeville Motor Express will amicably dissolve the alliance they have maintained for 12 years through the ExpressLINK network.

More...

I had an idea that this might happen. When we decided to open up the APW (appeleton, wis) terminal. I checked to see if maybe we shared a dock with Lakeville and we don't 2 total different adresses. I doubt we're going to see any huge business growth out of doing this. interesting though. thanks for the info CFer:1036316054:

At least Lakeville got lucky to get the huge a** monkey off their back. Too bad we didn't dissolve with GI before the buyout too. Would've been best for them and we could have kept what was working.

But no, mr. big brains back east has to ground this company into the dirt. Let's now see what the midwest does to us.

wow buying terminals, opening up the midwest...not bad for a compnay losing a million dollars a day, and with no market share huh.

wow buying terminals, opening up the midwest...not bad for a compnay losing a million dollars a day, and with no market share huh.

I know this sounds like good news to you. And you want to remain positive towards your employer, but can't you comment about some of the scandalous posts that have been brought forward. What is your thoughts on some of this stuff? Do you believe it? Do you agree with it? Should something be done about it? Should people be terminated? Is Estes out of control? When you and estesfr8 dodge those posts, and refuse to even comment, it doesn't give much credit to your stance on this forum. Like I have said numerous times. My intentions here are pure and simple. Expose the truth, about an employer, who needs an education regarding fair treatment, across the board, for all of it's employees. Elvis out....

I know this sounds like good news to you. And you want to remain positive towards your employer, but can't you comment about some of the scandalous posts that have been brought forward. What is your thoughts on some of this stuff? Do you believe it? Do you agree with it? Should something be done about it? Should people be terminated? Is Estes out of control? When you and estesfr8 dodge those posts, and refuse to even comment, it doesn't give much credit to your stance on this forum. Like I have said numerous times. My intentions here are pure and simple. Expose the truth, about an employer, who needs an education regarding fair treatment, across the board, for all of it's employees. Elvis out....

I totally agree Elvis. :1036316054: Why do they keep dodging the facts, the truth, Nooooooo it is better to deceive ignore the truth and put a spin on it to make them look credible. Your friend The mad trucker

I already know they have bought a facility in the minne/st paul area. It will be up and operating in 2008. They are also looking for another place between chicago and minny for another break center.

I have expressed my thoughts quite a few times in here. Here they are in a nut shell!

1. Union sucks (my opinion)
2. Ex employees with an axe to grind should move on, and let us who still work here try to enjoy our jobs.
3. I do not believe anything in here, just like the cb radio, both are full of rambos, weather they be radio, or forum rambos.
4. I love my job, think I'm treated fair and get paid damn well, and when the day comes I feel differently, I'll be a man and find another job.

Thats about it, but I have stated all the above numerous times and I'm about tired or repeating myself. Be safe its snowing out there and make sure to wear ya insulated bibs tonight!!

I have expressed my thoughts quite a few times in here. Here they are in a nut shell!

2. Ex employees with an axe to grind should move on, and let us who still work here try to enjoy our jobs.
3. I do not believe anything in here, just like the cb radio, both are full of rambos, weather they be radio, or forum rambos.
4. I love my job, think I'm treated fair and get paid damn well, and when the day comes I feel differently, I'll be a man and find another job.

Thats about it, but I have stated all the above numerous times and I'm about tired or repeating myself. Be safe its snowing out there and make sure to wear ya insulated bibs tonight!!

You are entitled to your opinion but you also need to respect others also. Just because you don't believe it doesn't make it so. There are some very well documented cases of serious issues with this co whether you want to believe or not.If you feel you are well compensated for your time that is great but there are many out there that don't feel the same. You have no right to question their manhood or intentions. My definition of a man is one who stands up for what he believes in and doesn't duck and run or cower to intimidation

You are entitled to your opinion but you also need to respect others also. Just because you don't believe it doesn't make it so. There are some very well documented cases of serious issues with this co whether you want to believe or not.If you feel you are well compensated for your time that is great but there are many out there that don't feel the same. You have no right to question their manhood or intentions. My definition of a man is one who stands up for what he believes in and doesn't duck and run or cower to intimidation

WELL SAID SARGE!!!

i thought the union was not a good idea, but after not getting paid for my down time, i'm really upset i think that we should be paid for everything that we do. i'm tired of not getting paid for the work i do, even if that means that i'm sitting on the bench waiting on a load, i don't see no else working for free and its about time the drivers were also paid our time is valueable also.

i thought the union was not a good idea, but after not getting paid for my down time, i'm really upset i think that we should be paid for everything that we do. i'm tired of not getting paid for the work i do, even if that means that i'm sitting on the bench waiting on a load, i don't see no else working for free and its about time the drivers were also paid our time is valueable also.

I think anyone would agree. Well, almost anyone. Is this too much to ask for? Elvis out...

answer s please!!

:hide:please asnwer all the problems and stop dodging the truth!!

what is the truth??????????

is it, Estes sucks? that the union is the only way? that only idiots would work for Estes? that Rob E is a billionare? that we will only be happy when we quit? that RobE and Jr. J are the debill? that GI was the GREATEST company to ever be on the planet? that we should always do whatever we can to " put it to the man"? that we should take as long as we can on our meets and turns so that the comapny will suffer? that whatever Elvis says is solid gold and should always be followed? that the world is round? that there is aliens? that we went to the moon? that the people that want a Union at Estes are right and anyone esle is wrong?

you tell me WHAT IS THE TRUTH????

truth is in the eye of the beholder.

i believe that i speak the truth. and i can truthfully say that i have been called a liar, and i have called others that dont see my way of thinking, a lair. so what is the truth?????

what is the truth??????????

is it, Estes sucks? that the union is the only way? that only idiots would work for Estes? that Rob E is a billionare? that we will only be happy when we quit? that RobE and Jr. J are the debill? that GI was the GREATEST company to ever be on the planet? that we should always do whatever we can to " put it to the man"? that we should take as long as we can on our meets and turns so that the comapny will suffer? that whatever Elvis says is solid gold and should always be followed? that the world is round? that there is aliens? that we went to the moon? that the people that want a Union at Estes are right and anyone esle is wrong?

you tell me WHAT IS THE TRUTH????

truth is in the eye of the beholder.

i believe that i speak the truth. and i can truthfully say that i have been called a liar, and i have called others that dont see my way of thinking, a lair. so what is the truth?????
Sounds like you had a glass of the ole kool-aid. Settle down Mr. Estes, you'll blow your veins feeling this way.

P.S. Do you question the moon landing?

have no problems at our terminal, everyone is treated fair, and from my stand point, we all make damn good money. If I had an issue I would either get it fixed with my tm or take it to his boss. If that didnt work, I'd go to hr, if that didnt work then I'd do what I said before, GO FIND ANOTHER JOB!. But hey maybe thats just me. :biglaugh:

Remember Mr. Estes is in the business of trucking to make money for his family and provide a service to our industry, he isn't in business to make you, me, or any employee rich. I know if I owned my business I would want it to make me money. As far as the down time issue, breakdowns, delay, etc. I have had to eat a few hours here and there, but you know what I still seem to get a pretty damn good paycheck each friday. Be safe!

This Thread Is The Same Reason I Kinda Slowed My Posting. Yes We Need Paid For Our Time, Yes The Union Is Not All Bad, No Estes Dont Need An Organizing Effort For Just Pay ( The Food For Runs Program Is A Better Start) . Why Or How In The Hell Can The Upper Midwest Expansion Be A Bad Thing..... Are You Guys Serious. Either All Bad Or All Good.... I Get It. You Either Hate The Company Or You Kiss A$$. The Expansion Is Wonderfull For All Estes Drivers ( If I'm Posting To Any At All Anymore). I Would Rather See An Estes Driver Hauling The Load Than A Lakeville Driver Giving The Load To An Averitt Driver..... Come-on Guys.. Or Grow Up

estes forum is also full of people in management posing as drivers :nutkick:if you do not belive anything in here why do you keep returning
who is stopping you from doing your job?stop playing on the cell phone internet thing!this estes board is full of mangement posing as drivers!if you belive nothing here why are you always returning?