Estes | Estes and Old Dominion similarities?

i was asked to change my user named, but i could not figure out how to do it without reregistering :D, to not cause confusion so for that i am sorry and JIM BOB if i have brought down your name in assocition with mine for that i am sorry. oh 1 more thing JIM BOB ....SEMPER FI!!!!!!!!!

JimBob, you cannot change your own username but I can do it for you if you would like. Just let me know what you want it changed to

I talked to some VP at corperate and they said all of this merge stuff was just talk and rumors. According to the websites OD has a very nice financial record and is growing by leaps and bounds. Up to 181 terminals and plans are for 12 to 15 more this year in CA, TX, and Ga, and Fla.
I feel they are doing well also because of the terrific raise and benifits given 2006 which has put dock workers and p&d at 21.20 in the south and 21.79 in the north. Road drivers are up to 50. and teams are at 54.5. Now starting out at 41.for new hires. Also the drop and hook pay is great with great layover if needed. I would say they are doing great and for the insurance for the employee its free and it works great, so I think we are just reading lots of rumors. I have been with OD 15 years and my run pays 74,000 per year and I feel like Im treated as good as it gets in the industry and I have been around since 1974 with union and non union companies. My time off is great and I don't know of anybody I would give up what I have here to go there.Im sure some of you feel the same way there. I think we all know at the end of the week all companies run for run , are withthin 50 to75.00 dollars a week so why do we listen to rumors, better yet why do they get spread to what a indiviual wants to think.

I do wonder if any of the companies out there will pick up the remnants of Lewis Truck Lines/Dakota Cartage now that they have closed as reported by JEFF in other threads(NEWS FEEDS).It would add a few terminals to existing networks whether it be OD,R&L,Big E,Vitran,or any other that may benefit.

corporate

I talked to some VP at corperate and they said all of this merge stuff was just talk and rumors. According to the websites OD has a very nice financial record and is growing by leaps and bounds. Up to 181 terminals and plans are for 12 to 15 more this year in CA, TX, and Ga, and Fla.
I feel they are doing well also because of the terrific raise and benifits given 2006 which has put dock workers and p&d at 21.20 in the south and 21.79 in the north. Road drivers are up to 50. and teams are at 54.5. Now starting out at 41.for new hires. Also the drop and hook pay is great with great layover if needed. I would say they are doing great and for the insurance for the employee its free and it works great, so I think we are just reading lots of rumors. I have been with OD 15 years and my run pays 74,000 per year and I feel like Im treated as good as it gets in the industry and I have been around since 1974 with union and non union companies. My time off is great and I don't know of anybody I would give up what I have here to go there.Im sure some of you feel the same way there. I think we all know at the end of the week all companies run for run , are withthin 50 to75.00 dollars a week so why do we listen to rumors, better yet why do they get spread to what a indiviual wants to think.

Good idea,if you want the truth,talk to a VP at corporate,works every time.