Estes | Estes deals

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
Well we are growing they tell us. With the acquiring of 130 yellow tractors and 6000 trailers plus 24 of their terminals to be put into system this year. Plus other equipment from Yellow. It appears just about all the Yellow assets are being refurbished and re used into Estes and who ever else purchased the stuff. Estes bragging no debt with it. It was all payed for at the moment of closing. Maybe this will transition into hiring some of the workers that got let go from Yellow when all these new terminals get opened up for business. I hope so anyways. I knew a few Yellow drivers who are good people and just because Yellow or the Union did what they did doesn't stop the fact that the majority of the workers were good workers and any trucking company needing spots filled well use some these folks. They can work a dock, drive a truck, etc. I hope Estes at least is willing to give a fair chance to these folks.

Well we are growing they tell us. With the acquiring of 130 yellow tractors and 6000 trailers plus 24 of their terminals to be put into system this year. Plus other equipment from Yellow. It appears just about all the Yellow assets are being refurbished and re used into Estes and who ever else purchased the stuff. Estes bragging no debt with it. It was all payed for at the moment of closing. Maybe this will transition into hiring some of the workers that got let go from Yellow when all these new terminals get opened up for business. I hope so anyways. I knew a few Yellow drivers who are good people and just because Yellow or the Union did what they did doesn't stop the fact that the majority of the workers were good workers and any trucking company needing spots filled well use some these folks. They can work a dock, drive a truck, etc. I hope Estes at least is willing to give a fair chance to these folks.
Amen

Speaking of deals, steercrazee, you hear anything bout Estes and TForce switching terminals in Charleston, WV? Estes getting a much bigger terminal in Nitro and TForce downsizing and moving to Charleston…..

Speaking of deals, steercrazee, you hear anything bout Estes and TForce switching terminals in Charleston, WV? Estes getting a much bigger terminal in Nitro and TForce downsizing and moving to Charleston…..
I have not heard, but if Estes owns the terminal they may be making a deal.

I have heard this rumor some months ago but never any concrete info. I go by TForce in Nitro on a regular basis and I notice they’re only using maybe 1/4th of the dock and have old Overnite trailers blocking the dock doors they don’t use. They also have a bunch of orange cones placed out in one section of the yard, have been there for months. Also heard the same rumor about Lexington Kentucky but I believe I read where TForce has it up for sale now since they’ve moved to an old Yrc or Holland barn ?